• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs Sri Lanka

H

Hamster

Anyone watching it.

Went to it today. Was bloody awesome.

Looks like we will win :bana: Really dominant display from the Aussies, Lee bowled awesome and Johnson had a good debut so far. Roy!!! Legend.

It's just inevitable this. I thought without McGrath / Warne, the Lankans might have been able to put up a decent score, but no. MacGill and new comer Johnson come in and still do the bloody business. God I'm sick of the Aussies.
Let's hope the Lankans can just stay in and bat through the next 2 days B)

You might want to speak to Lankan aka Ryan. He could school you in the finer points of Sri Lankan cricket. Talks nonstop bout Murali (sp) and the other Lankan blokes.

Yesterday at the post match conference Atapattu labelled the selectors a bunc h of puppets and so on.. he will probably be sent home.

I didn't think Macgill bowled that well which is good. I dont like him. He didn't start that well but at the end kept it tight I suppose.

I thought Roy was underbowled.. well the Gabba being Queenslander loved it when he came on and he had good figures in the 1st innings.. then in the 2nd, first over is a wicket maiden and he gets taken off for Macgill!!

Johnson.. the future is in good hands.

Yesterday at the post match conference Atapattu labelled the selectors a bunc h of puppets and so on.. he will probably be sent home.

I didn't think Macgill bowled that well which is good. I dont like him. He didn't start that well but at the end kept it tight I suppose.

I thought Roy was underbowled.. well the Gabba being Queenslander loved it when he came on and he had good figures in the 1st innings.. then in the 2nd, first over is a wicket maiden and he gets taken off for Macgill!!

Johnson.. the future is in good hands.
[/b]

I hate Mitchell Johnson, he loves himself. But hey, are there any Australian cricketers who DON'T love themselves? I think not. Makes it even worse when they're all so bloody good.

Can't wait 'till Hayden, Gilchrist, MacGill, Hussey, Ponting retire.... must be within the next 3 years or so, they're all well into their 30's. But then again, they all dominate so why would they retire?

Can't wait 'till Hayden, Gilchrist, MacGill, Hussey, Ponting retire.... must be within the next 3 years or so, they're all well into their 30's. But then again, they all dominate so why would they retire? [/b]
Yeah, some people people are suggesting Ponting may even play on until he is 40, because hes batting so damn well still and his captaincy record is a tad above 77%.

<div class='quotemain'>
Can't wait 'till Hayden, Gilchrist, MacGill, Hussey, Ponting retire.... must be within the next 3 years or so, they're all well into their 30's. But then again, they all dominate so why would they retire? [/b]
Yeah, some people people are suggesting Ponting may even play on until he is 40, because hes batting so damn well still and his captaincy record is a tad above 77%.
[/b][/quote]

Best batsman in the world. No doubt. People can go on about Tendulkar and Lara as the best batsmen of this era, but Ponting, for me takes out that ***le. Hell, his average is in the mid 80's based across the last 3 seasons or so. He may as well keep playing until he's 40, by that time he'd have amassed 15,000 test runs easily.

The scary thing about Aussie cricket is that they just have such a wonderful system, that even the retirement of legends like Warne and McGrath just doesn`t slow them down. And here`s why:

Remember in the early 90`s, when Boon, Taylor, Border, Healy, McDermott, Hughes, Jones and May all retired shortly after one another? Everyone was predicting a period of decline. But the youngsters of a few years before, the Warnes, Waughs etc, had by that time become established test winners. And so, they were able to take the pressure off of the new intake of youngsters like Ponting, McGrath, Hayden, Gilchrist and Lee. Now most of those youngsters have matured into test winners themselves, and by the time some of the current seniors retire, the Taits, Jacques` and Johnsons of the current squad will be world-class test winners.

And don`t discount some or other young 19-year-old leggie getting a go in the test side before Macgill calls it a day too. Macgill or Hogg will probably stick around just long enough for the new spinner to mature, just like May did for Warne.

God, it hurts. But the Aussies have the best cricket system in the world. And they`ll probably dominate well into the next millenium still.

hey i play the last week against the drew michell brother`s they are a grate person !

hey i play the last week against the drew michell brother`s they are a grate person !

Absoluting killing it in the second test. Jaques and Mr. Cricket both getting another century. Clarke Symonds continuing there good form with fifties and Glichrist was smashing them today. He hit 3 sixes which ended up bringing his 100th six in test match cricket, the first person ever to do so.

Aus 5/542 dec.

SL 0/29 stumps day 2

Latest posts