• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australian vs New Zealand - Dairy Farmers Stadium (QLD), 13/10/2012

TRF_melon

Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Thor
Apologies for the new thread ambokobokobokobokobokoboko....thought it would be good to have the team lists rather than just asking what channel the game is on.

Aus-NZ-WCP2.jpg

This is going to be a bumper game! One of the last big international games before next year's World Cup, I certainly don't think we'll be disappointed.

In terms on the coaches, both Kearney (NZ) and Sheens (Aus)
have been given the flick from their NRL head coach position with Kearney being moved along and Sheens taking a more "senior" role with less hands on required. This will be their chance to show they can perform at a higher level. Not that there are many doubters - Hell, look at their team lists!

Despite injuries to the likes of Justin Hodges and Sam Thaiday, Australia have picked a strong team which features the double team of the Morris brothers for the first time since downing France in 2009. I'm seriously annoyed that Tony Williams was picked though - He has literally done sweet **** all since State of Origin 1. No other player in the NRL would be tolerated when they continually make runs from a standing start when the potential for much greater impact is there if they could be bothered to put a touch of effort in.

This will be the first time since 1988 that the Brisbane Broncos will have no representatives in the Kangaroos team (Ben Te'o is 18th man). Funnily enough though, there are two in the Kiwis, that being Josh Hoffman and Gerard Beale. Plenty of ex-broncos playing though for the Broncos supporters out there!

From the ANZAC test, the Kangaroos have 8 new faces whereas the Kiwis have 9.

Who will win?

Despite the fact the Kiwis are current world champions, they have only over come the Kangaroos 3 times in their past 20 meetings. A dismal record.

Although both teams have electric back lines which ignite with a touch of brilliance from their halves, I think it will be won by the front rows. With Smith (Aus) up against Luke (NZ), the hooking contest will be fierce. Expect plenty of dummy half runs, early kicks and if recent statistics are anything to go by - try assists. James Tamou and Matt Scott make up a monster front row for Australia who will take on New Zealand's Sam Kasiano and Jesse Bromwich. Australia +1. The difference is skill.

As of Friday morning, TAB Sportsbet have Australia @ $1.16, New Zealand @ $5.25. A couple of hundred on NZ anyone? Might be too hot for them up in North QLD on second thoughts...

Australia

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk

8. Matt Scott
9. Cameron Smith
10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird
12. Paul Gallen
13. Nate Myles

14. Robbie Farah
15. Ryan Hoffman
16. David Shillington
17. Tony Williams

18. Ben Te'o

New Zealand

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Sam Perrett
3. Krisnan Inu
4. Dean Whare
5. Gerard Beale
6. Benji Marshall
7. Kieran Foran

8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Isaac Luke
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Simon Mannering

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Ben Matulino
16. Elijah Taylor
17. Adam Blair

Last edited:
Australia to lead marginally at halftime, giving Kiwi fans hope - 14-12. Only to smash it the 2nd half to end the game 68-16.

Is Shaun Johnson injured? If not, they should've had him in there.

Australia to lead marginally at halftime, giving Kiwi fans hope - 14-12. Only to smash it the 2nd half to end the game 68-16.

Is Shaun Johnson injured? If not, they should've had him in there.

Nope, not injured. He has been named as a "shadow player" along with Sam McKendry. I suppose they couldn't decide between the two for an 18th man with one being a gun half while the other is a prop.

Nope, not injured. He has been named as a "shadow player" along with Sam McKendry. I suppose they couldn't decide between the two for an 18th man with one being a gun half while the other is a prop.
I'd still have him over Foran. Johnson is a genuine gamebreaker, whilst Foran is more of a 'hold-serve' kind of guy. You can't beat Australia with that kind of play.

Kangaroo's though I don't think by a ton but comfortably, maybe 16 points. Just too much depth, that lineup 1-13 is absolutely fantastic. Kiwi's can win but they'll have to be pretty flawless and Marshall will have to be immense. Hopefully the goalkicking reaches a better standard than we saw in the NRL final.

Such a good Aussie team. Easy to see why they are favorites.

But kiwi's always have flair and will be hard to defend against. If it comes down to the wire, Aus have a better bench so should win.

yeah australia should win this easy but anything is possible i suppose

AUS to trash NZ, Kearney left out too many key players.
But if NZ has a good day it could turn out to be a good game.

The Kiwi's played a good game until Thurston kicked that penalty in the 2nd H. Stopped watching after 70 min. Good game tho. That second try by the Kiwis was god stuff.

The Kiwis did pretty good but I knew the 'Roos would break clear somewhere

Latest posts