• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 1

How did the 2 Munster boys go? JJ and DOC. Some big results. Will Sale add to the surprises tomorrow?

JJ didn't play (I think)

DOC was immense I thought not just in his actions but you could see him leader the players talking to the front row. Expect one time ref March wuss back 10 due to him talking to him. Played the 80.

DOC should be a great signing for them if he can keep fit (and even if he can't, actually).

Tuned into this one as I was eager to see how the 3 former Munster lads would get on, one of whom i studied with. Unfortunately, only Donncha O'Callaghan made it onto the field, great debut from the big man. He had me in knots when he stole a water bottle from the saints water boy before a scrum just after half time :lol:

Worcester were good value for there win. Neither team seemed too inventive with ball in hand, which is why it was frustrating not to see an exciting player like Hanrahan come off the bench. If the officials had any interest in refereeing the offside line both teams would have had more space as well.

Anyway, delighted for Worcester, no better way to win a game than a last minute drop goal!

Cheers boys. Yeah Tigs I know JJ was named on bench thought he'd get time though. And Donners can be mouthy but has super engine and if he buys in to it he will be massive player with big experience.
Rats he will probably be available always. Whether he will go full 80 consistently is another question. He doesn't drink or smoke and is very aware of what he eats/drinks always. He is a top professional who looks after himself and that'll help.

Tuned into this one as I was eager to see how the 3 former Munster lads would get on, one of whom i studied with. Unfortunately, only Donncha O'Callaghan made it onto the field, great debut from the big man. He had me in knots when he stole a water bottle from the saints water boy before a scrum just after half time :lol:

Worcester were good value for there win. Neither team seemed too inventive with ball in hand, which is why it was frustrating not to see an exciting player like Hanrahan come off the bench. If the officials had any interest in refereeing the offside line both teams would have had more space as well.

Anyway, delighted for Worcester, no better way to win a game than a last minute drop goal!

Who was the 3rd I'm forgetting MunsterMan. Sammy ??

Wow just realised Darren O'Shea was on bench. Didn't realise he was that high up. I know when English lads are back he will drop pecking order a bit but didn't think he'd be benching yet

Last edited:
JJ not getting any game time was odd IMO from what I saw of him at Munster he is a very creative player.

BUT Mallinder like most coaches has his favourites and Myler and Burrell are 2 of his which might make game time hard to get.

If only England had Hartley.

JJ not getting any game time was odd IMO from what I saw of him at Munster he is a very creative player.

BUT Mallinder like most coaches has his favourites and Myler and Burrell are 2 of his which might make game time hard to get.

If only England had Hartley.

Seeing as he left us to "certain minutes" was the phrase used. I thought he'd be exactly what they'd need in last 10 as a 12 or 10.

How did Hartley go? Has he disciplined a bit.

He did lose one Lineout TBF.

The trouble was everyone (well nearly) over exaggerated his positives throughout the World Cup.

5 thoughts from our game tonight.

1) If we could take what we do in second half and apply it to the first half then we'll be off to the races on no time.

2) Stop kicking it away man!

3) At least we'll do well in our European group.

4) Mike Delaney isn't bad I guess.

5) How much are a Thunder ST's/Magic Weekend tickets?

He did lose one Lineout TBF.

The trouble was everyone (well nearly) over exaggerated his positives throughout the World Cup.

Usually happens when the team you are missing from loses!!! Barritt would be a Demi God had he not played just like Hartley, Tuilagi and Armitage!!!

I don't post that often anymore but no words can describe how happy I am, I know it was a weak saints team but even so it's a big confidence boast for Worcester

I don't post that often anymore but no words can describe how happy I am, I know it was a weak saints team but even so it's a big confidence boast for Worcester í*½í¸Š

And you are missed......come back, all is forgiven!

Kvesic with another MOM. Good work on the floor and a finish most wingers would be pleased with.

The games from last night are already up BTW - and apparently have been since the early hours of the morning... hopefully that's how quick they will be available throughout the season.

Last edited:
"Ford's a good defender"

Premiership hair update:
Andy Goode has had a transplant,
Ross Batty has a man bun,
Cowan-Dickie doesn't even have the hint of a mullet.

All of these developments make me want to vomit blood.

Last edited:

Latest posts