• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 6

Thoughts on Watson at 15? I know he played age groups at full back and I'm hopeful that over the next couple seasons Eddie Jones will see him as a good replacement to brown when he gets into the twilight zone. 10 percent improvement under the high ball. 10 percent improvement for positioning and he could be world class in that position.
What do we think?

Thoughts on Watson at 15? I know he played age groups at full back and I'm hopeful that over the next couple seasons Eddie Jones will see him as a good replacement to brown when he gets into the twilight zone. 10 percent improvement under the high ball. 10 percent improvement for positioning and he could be world class in that position.
What do we think?

Always liked seeing him there for Bath, definitely see him as Brown's replacement, if not now certainly before the next World Cup.

What do we think?

It's time to say thanks and goodbye to Brown. Watson's the future there - get him in. And there's also the issue of bedding in whoever will replace AW on the wing.

PS maybe carry this on in the post WC thread?

I know Watson plays 15 more often than Nowell, but I feel in terms of their skillets Nowell is very suited to 15 whereas Watson might be better placed on the wing. Nowell's footwork and strength mean he'll generally bust the first tackle when running from deep, something which Brown does very well, and I'm not sure he has the out and out pace for an international wing. His defence is also good. On the other hand Watson seems like a winger to me, with his natural finishing ability and pace. Here's where I sort of wish the RFU had more control over the clubs and could tell Exeter to play Nowell at 15 so we can see how he goes there.

Agreed, Chippie. I've seen Nowell beaten in a couple of foot races already this season. I love what he brings but he's not an international winger for me. He could be a very good 15, but I just think Watson could be stellar there. It might even be that 13 is Nowell's natural home.

Meanwhile we're beating Moseley in the Champ.

Im not jealous at all...

It'll be interesting to see for how long Brookes' scrummaging continues to be dominant. It will be very hard for fast Eddie to ignore if it does.

V pleased with that. To get a BP victory after being 17-0 down.

What did DO'C see red for?

After this display at the Rec, I think the old nepotism argument might rear it's ugly head again.

Wasn't a pretty game at the Rec. Northampton didn't really create much and Ford's wild pass may have cost them dearly in that game.

Watson is one of my favourite players in the world at the moment. Would walk into most teams.