• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 6

Olyy, if you don't know who you want at 12, why not stick Farrell there so Cips can go 10?

At least then we'd have one international quality player in the 10-12 axis... :p

Devoto.

He is playing well in all facets currently and is big strong, quick, good boot and hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, Ford is the best player of the group putting players through tight gaps and the idea of Manu running onto his delayed pop balls just screams of a situation which Tuilagi will just continually punch holes.

Devoto.

He is playing well in all facets currently and is big strong, quick, good boot and hands.
It's no secret that I'm a big big fan of Devoto. It's just a shame he's blocked from being a first team player but two other fantastic players.

He's like a less talented Sam James.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Plus, Ford is the best player of the group putting players through tight gaps and the idea of Manu running onto his delayed pop balls just screams of a situation which Tuilagi will just continually punch holes.

I know I'm biased but I genuinely think Cipriani is better at putting players through gaps than Ford. His short passing game is second to none, for me. His dummy/shimmy/whatever you want to call it, is superb. Players know he has some real speed so can't just step off him, but then he steps, checks, and pops off to an inside runner - it's magic.

Also, this ****ing dummy:
[video]https://youtu.be/CqO5-y7vdiM?t=48s[/video]
(skip to 48s if the time stamp doesn't work).

Also Cipriani has the most experience of playing alongside a Tuilagi-esque 12.
Eastmond/Devoto vs Barritt vs Tuitupou/Leota.
I know which is most like Tuilagi.

Last edited:

That may be true, but Cipriani is also the only one of the three to have not actually, you know... played alongside Tuilagi for a significant period.

Last edited:
Has Ford?
I guess they did a bit at Tigers, but Tuilagi graduated to the senior side while Ford languished in the academy/A team.
And then for England it was, what, 5mins vs Italy?

This is all elementary though - I've got no idea what Jones' modus operandi is with regards to off field issues. Cipriani has his drink driving (****ing idiot) thing coming up in December, Jones might just think "Nope, Ford/Farrell/Slade will do" when he sees that.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or are Leicester incredibly lucky to be sitting 3rd in the table at the moment. They really haven't found their feet at all.

- - - Updated - - -

It's no secret that I'm a big big fan of Devoto. It's just a shame he's blocked from being a first team player but two other fantastic players.

He's like a less talented Sam James.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I know I'm biased but I genuinely think Cipriani is better at putting players through gaps than Ford. His short passing game is second to none, for me. His dummy/shimmy/whatever you want to call it, is superb. Players know he has some real speed so can't just step off him, but then he steps, checks, and pops off to an inside runner - it's magic.

Also, this ****ing dummy:
[video]https://youtu.be/CqO5-y7vdiM?t=48s[/video]
(skip to 48s if the time stamp doesn't work).

Who would you have kicking our goals? Cipriani hasn't kicked well this season. Don't fancy him to nail a 45 metre kick with crowd booing at the millenium (sorry Pricipality) Stadium to win the match.

- - - Updated - - -

Has Ford?
I guess they did a bit at Tigers, but Tuilagi graduated to the senior side while Ford languished in the academy/A team.
And then for England it was, what, 5mins vs Italy?

This is all elementary though - I've got no idea what Jones' modus operandi is with regards to off field issues. Cipriani has his drink driving (****ing idiot) thing coming up in December, Jones might just think "Nope, Ford/Farrell/Slade will do" when he sees that.

Not this yeae. Suspected leg break :eek:

Is it just me, or are Leicester incredibly lucky to be sitting 3rd in the table at the moment. They really haven't found their feet at all.

Nope, we have lost one game against a very good Exeter side with a heavily rotated Tigers side.

Don't see at all how we are lucky TBF. Lucky was last year. Quins have only

We still have our set piece game which helps us grind out games still, but we are starting to come together backs wise.

Can't wait to see if we can finally click.

He's a cracking player

Disappointingly quiet games from some of the England prospects (Itoje, Fraser, George) in front of Eddie Jones.
George's lack of hooking is frustrating, as well - ball just sitting in the tunnel going nowhere.

Edit:
Binny has had a great impact from the bench.

Last edited:
Last time Tigers won 7 from there first 8 games was in 2008/09 season was also the last time a Tigers player made 150M in a AP game Veainu has done that 3 games a row now.

And who was involved in our backs coaching team in the 2008/09 season Mauger.

Nope, we have lost one game against a very good Exeter side with a heavily rotated Tigers side.

Don't see at all how we are lucky TBF. Lucky was last year. Quins have only

We still have our set piece game which helps us grind out games still, but we are starting to come together backs wise.

Can't wait to see if we can finally click.

Quins have only what? ;)

Just think Leicester don't seem to be where they were a few seasons ago. The fear factor for other teams isn't there.

Quins have only what? ;)

Just think Leicester don't seem to be where they were a few seasons ago. The fear factor for other teams isn't there.

Still not lucky to be 3rd.

As said above best start of season in nearly 7 years.

So what does it say about the rest of the teams then?

Are backs haven't fully clicked but that is hardly a surprise considering the culture shift that has happened, but fortunately we can still grind out the W.

Plus, Ford is the best player of the group putting players through tight gaps
I agree his pass for Burrell at the weekend really showed his ability to put players through gaps ;)

I loved the chip by Cips for the try (sorry for being late but just seen it on highlights)!!

Finally watched the chiefs and wasps game. Must say that is the most appalling reffing I've seen in ages.

What happened? I didn't watch it.

Completely on sided in favour of the Chiefs, it was laughable at times how bad it was. In one case he went "2 offside, advantage" Wasps then kicked the ball, gained nothing and he said chiefs throw. When watching the replay, on that same kick, Nowell tackled a player in the air and the ref ignored that. So he ignored the fact he called advantage and ignored a tackle in the air all in about 15 seconds. One of the Chiefs tries was achieved by a player picking up at the back of the ruck and then running into the back of his own player to get over the line so no Wasps defenders could get to him, that was ignored. The second Chiefs try had crossing that was ignored. There was the Exeter 2 diving over the ball and not supporting his body weight, Exeter given the penalty.

It was so 1 sided that I geniunely think some legal action should have been taken, I say this as a Chiefs fan too.

Completely on sided in favour of the Chiefs, it was laughable at times how bad it was. In one case he went "2 offside, advantage" Wasps then kicked the ball, gained nothing and he said chiefs throw. When watching the replay, on that same kick, Nowell tackled a player in the air and the ref ignored that. So he ignored the fact he called advantage and ignored a tackle in the air all in about 15 seconds. One of the Chiefs tries was achieved by a player picking up at the back of the ruck and then running into the back of his own player to get over the line so no Wasps defenders could get to him, that was ignored. The second Chiefs try had crossing that was ignored. There was the Exeter 2 diving over the ball and not supporting his body weight, Exeter given the penalty.

It was so 1 sided that I geniunely think some legal action should have been taken, I say this as a Chiefs fan too.

Yawn

Latest posts