• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 17/18 - Round 3

I've said this before, rugby is a sport with participation but not many fans here.

Playing on a Saturday meant that people who know about rugby and are younger than 40 probably wouldn't be able to go.

I know they want to avoid going up against the NFL, so the only time for this game is the spring on Sunday. A Friday fall game might work.

The NBC tv deal is atrocious. The game was shown at 11pm last night so people were either going out or watching the fight.

I don't think we've had many games shown live this year.

Even though they were totally dominant, they were a bit off colour in certain areas, and should have put another 30 points on the board. Turner dropped a gimme right on the line. They are missing LCDs bullocking runs.
Looking forward to wasps game next week.

Totally agree re: LCD. Looking at the stats available via the fantasy league, Chiefs are missing out on a lot with Yeandle subbing in for LCD. In a half of rugby on Friday, he made just one metre and one tackle while conceding a turnover and missing a tackle. Hopefully he can turn his form around, a few seasons ago I seem to remember him having an awesome work rate for such a big hooker.

I've said this before, rugby is a sport with participation but not many fans here.

The trouble is, that it's true over here to a certain extent too.

The vast majority of people who I played with at school barely watched the sport.

We need to get our own house in order.

The trouble is, that it's true over here to a certain extent too.

The vast majority of people who I played with at school barely watched the sport.

We need to get our own house in order.

You need to do that before you can look to expand globally.

The soccer teams that have huge presences are brand names that have cultural holds in their original and their name transcends the sport.

I think Saracens have the ability to do so but they don't even have fans.
Same thing with the Parisian French clubs.

Exactly.

I don't have a problem with them having pre-season games/camps there, but actual games?

There's no point... the returns are so trivial.

"Nothing to do with the fact I played here for 18 years"

No, Lawrence, you never played at the Ricoh. Not even ******* once.

It's so awkward when he makes jokes, his timing is so off; but he's always been a massive bloke so people just laugh anyway. He never learned how to be funny or witty.

Last edited:
Exactly.

I don't have a problem with them having pre-season games/camps there, but actual games?

There's no point... the returns are so trivial.
Apparently Falcons made £6m off the game, which is 2-3x as much as a full house at home would have netted them. Saracens significantly more than that as well.

Can only be considered a massive failure if that's the case, then - whoever fronted the cash for that is going think twice before hosting rugby in America again.

Wow...first good thing by Yarde since...2013.

Not sure how Cruse didn't get that pass away.

Le roux assist there making up for his terrible distribution so far..

wtf haskell...

either a yellow for whatever ****** him off or a yellow for him being a douche

marler should have gone i think

nvm: should just get a talking to about the petty stuff he did

Nah, it's literally a squirt of water.

Warning for the initial handbags, yellow for the out of proportion reaction.

Even bigger prick to be so offended by a squirt of water.

Well yeah, but if you get any player when already riled up after a scuffle with something else therese always a likelihood of a reaction. It's just a dick move from Marler.

On the try...how did wasps not read the tap infield from the kick? Edit: It's Le Roux with the error

Latest posts