• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 17/18 - Round 3

Agent-Smith.jpeg

That Smith lad is gonna be something special

Aye.

Putting in a below average performance as an 18 year old FH is impressive.
Putting in a very good performance is ridiculous.

Even the best half backs normally look way off the pace.

"Sew is he just allowed to splosh woter on my face? Is he allowed tew do thot?"
Would love to see Marler have an unscheduled trip to poundtown, but he's made an absolute mug out of Haskell in that incedent earlier. Whatever about the scrum cap, can you not hear yourself?

What i saw some falcons fans saying, no idea how much truth there is in it.
Apparently it's funding their stand redevelopment at KP, so must be a fair chunk.

More like £600,000 id say. If it was 6m every club in the prem would wanna play abroad.

I've read Newcastle fans saying playing in America made them 2-3 times as much money as a regular home match would've done. If that's true, that £6m figure must be way off because there's no way they're making £2m normally.

Personally speaking, I hope the concept dies. Nobody is interested in it overseas & all it does is rob fans of a home game. With London Irish & Newcastle having already sacrificed a home game, you can bet it won't be long until we get asked to do the same.

I thought that £6M was the TV deal to show the premiership stateside - and that along with cash there was also a requirement for 1 match a year to played over there.

Personally speaking, I hope the concept dies. Nobody is interested in it overseas & all it does is rob fans of a home game. With London Irish & Newcastle having already sacrificed a home game, you can bet it won't be long until we get asked to do the same.

As a Yank I can say that I'm interested in the premiership, but unfortunately it's pretty hard to watch games live over here at the moment. I was really excited to see NBC Sports make a deal with the league, but it turns out they rarely ever show games live. I think this is mostly due to the growing popularity of English football on TV in the morning. If another broadcasting channel could pick up the games then maybe it could catch on in popularity like English football has. Until that happens I think you're right, there's no point in bringing teams over to play in empty stadiums. Instead of robbing fans of Home games they should maybe just focus on bringing over teams for preseason friendlies.

Latest posts