• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 17/18 - Round 5

Sinck has been cited for gouging,
If he's banned (not seen the incident, but if he did do it then he deserves a lengthy spell out) then we're pretty screwed at 3. Have to rely on the corpse of Dan Cole playing the full 80.

Think it'll just be the 4 weeks for Sinckler. He makes contact in 'general area' of the eyes but there's nothing like a gouge from what I saw.

Cheers Ollyy not him then. Trying to think of who else is both EQP and plays 8... My tongue in cheek suggestion might epactuakly be a decent option, though I'll stand by it being too soon for either of them.

Might Eddie try Haskell or one of the locks there?

The forgotten man, Ben Morgan. Except he's injured as well.

Eddie's looking for bolters. Mercer might just be one and I wouldn't be upset to see him given a chance in the Autumn. When he was at 6 yesterday Hughes did him off the back of a scrum, otherwise he was very impressive, getting MOTM. I like the way he plays.

Eddie's looking for bolters. Mercer might just be one and I wouldn't be upset to see him given a chance in the Autumn. When he was at 6 yesterday Hughes did him off the back of a scrum, otherwise he was very impressive, getting MOTM. I like the way he plays.
In Blackadder and Faletau - he's got some mighty teachers to learn from as well.
Louw's no slouch either for different skills

Some points ive picked up from watching this weekends games:

-Lineouts are becoming a joke with regards to the hooker stepping towards his own side even more. Straight throw is then compromised.
-Scrum feeds are still a disaster
-Attacking sides get away with murder at the ruck (flying in, no control or wrapping and coming in from the side)
-Monster physical effort from Tigers
-Toomua is fast becoming one of the best 12's in the world again. AUS will probably come calling.
-Hughes fist-off on Faletau. Should've been binned.

In Blackadder and Faletau - he's got some mighty teachers to learn from as well.
Louw's no slouch either for different skills

Good point and Underhill will also be getting that same mentoring; maybe no coincidence that he's also turned in a MOTM performance already. With Walker, Obano and Ewels the core of yesterday's pack was young English talent. Nice to see.

Battle for back up no.8s simmonds v mercer? Simmonds having hos breakthrough season and mercers was last season. Both strong ball carriers and athletic players around the park but who is on top and why? We needed simmonds this weekend vs Leicester tbh.

Ewers is a mutant, but he's been injured for a while. If he was/is fit, I'd have him in.

I really, really hope this injury isn't too serious.

Ewers is a mutant, but he's been injured for a while. If he was/is fit, I'd have him in.

I really, really hope this injury isn't too serious.

Ewers needs to come back to chiefs in a state to have a good run of games. i want to see ewers simmonds armand. With kvesic on the bench, alot of power with simmonds pace and power. Armand solid reliable and quality player. And ewers is a beast. Kvesic to add another angle off the bench, though i wish chiefs had bought underhill instead. Ewers will more than likly play 3 games and start to get some form and breaking the line more and more then trip over a blade of grass and break his hip...