• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 17/18 - Round 7

Tigers have done exactly what they needed to after the first 2 defeats. My worry is the lack of try BP's. At the end of the season if could well make the difference between definitely having a play off spot and competing for 4th again.

Totally agreed

Chiefs 5 w 2 l 4tbp 2lbp 26 points
Tigets 5 w 2 l 0tbp 1lbp 21 points
Bath 4 w 2 l 2tbp 2lbp 20 points

Even at this stage even though tigers have beat chiefs they are still 5 points behind on same number of games.

Bath are 1 point behind even though theyve lost an extra game.

Last season chiefs 84 points 15w 3d 4l
Sarries 77 points 16w 1d 5l

So the points from chiefs 2 extra draws(4points) equal sarries extra win(4 points) thereforè both equivalent to 16w 1d 5l. Yet there is a 7 point difference.

So this shows how important bonus points are, a team cant just win their games and expect that to be enough, its the main goal but not enough to top the prem.

If our Line out and Maul was working properly we would have 3, probably 4 more points. Positive signs of improvement but id take 3rd for now. No one is on Sarries/Exeter level...yet.

If our Line out and Maul was working properly we would have 3, probably 4 more points. Positive signs of improvement but id take 3rd for now. No one is on Sarries/Exeter level...yet.

Yes and no, tigers beat the chiefs and bath beat sarries. Chiefs have played the falcons,lirish and worcester to for 15 of their points but lost against Gloucester. Chiefs are doing will be not killing it like the end of last season.

On Bonus Points.....

Don't mind the losing BP concept. Why not also have a winning BP to encourage teams to keep their foot on the gas all the way through rather than just coasting the final quarter when the game's won? Say by 20 or more.

Don't like try BPs. If we have to have it I'd prefer to see it for tries scored relative to the opponent rather than just a blunt number.

Yes and no, tigers beat the chiefs and bath beat sarries. Chiefs have played the falcons,lirish and worcester to for 15 of their points but lost against Gloucester. Chiefs are doing will be not killing it like the end of last season.

Ya won in France didn't you?

We played out of our skins against you.

Gloucester shows once more why I'll never bet on a game that they're involved in...

Ya won in France didn't you?

We played out of our skins against you.

Yeh i guess i was thinking prem form and didnt really watch the games in champions cup tbh.

Slades having a good season. Im glad they nailed down his position and is putting down a marker as a different type of 13 the likes of JJ and daly.

Latest posts