• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 Round 21

He changed his question, started out with Try Yes or No, ended with any reason not to award it when he was giving his reasons

Falcons definitely scored it but going off of the question to the TMO they shouldn't have given it

I ******* LOVE it though! Falcons you beauties! I want them to go all the way,

The hosts and main commentator. Healy and Kay are actually fairly neutral most the time.

You mean the Leicester City fan who's most likely a closeted Tigers fan for professional reasons...?

Three commentators, three Tigers fans.

But apparently they are tugging themselves over Leicester losing...

Yes Rat. BT love it. Mullins is often silent or downbeat when we go over. See the Bath highlights for the most recent examples.

Anyway more pressing point we turned both the final tries over phases before.

It's only a turn over if you....turn the ball over.
I know which ruck you're on about and it definitely looks like O'Connor(?) is gonna get the turnover, he grabs the ball and is lifting it over the ruck, but the player comes in to clear him out and he drops it back down. No Falcon player was holding on or anything so it wasn't a penalty.

I'll agree to disagree.

Obviously I'm on one right now, passions are high and understandably so.

Not making top 4 just might be the kick up the arse this club needs top to bottom. We've thrown chance after chance away. Credit to other teams but I see it as us throwing it away.

He changed his question, started out with Try Yes or No, ended with any reason not to award it when he was giving his reasons

Falcons definitely scored it but going off of the question to the TMO they shouldn't have given it

I ******* LOVE it though! Falcons you beauties! I want them to go all the way,

The thing that ****** me most of was he did blow the whistle before it happened and you could see.

I mean even the ref said judging by the celebration i think it's a try....

The hosts and main commentator. Healy and Kay are actually fairly neutral most the time.

I thought it was clear from his commentary Healy was obviously emotionally involved in Leicester winning , you could tell by his nervy voice. He even said Leicester should be looking for the try bonus points even though they were only winning by 10 pts, which was plain daft.

Gopperth contributes nothing.

I thought it was clear from his commentary Healy was obviously emotionally involved in Leicester winning , you could tell by his nervy voice. He even said Leicester should be looking for the try bonus points even though they were only winning by 10 pts, which was plain daft.

We needed 5pts really in fairness

Not at the back of the ruck when he picked it up, 3 people bound on to him with at least 2 behind. Happened for the last couple of rucks.

Nevermind, didn't deserve to win anyway and I'm quite happy to watch Falcons in the playoff. For the second week in a row a reliable lineout would've been enough to win it but after the last few years I'm more than used to this.

The thing that ****** me most of was he did blow the whistle before it happened and you could see.

I mean even the ref said judging by the celebration i think it's a try....
Yeah, they kept looking at the dive over and they're still talking about it now in the post match when it was really very clear that he blew the whistle after the first dive for the line

Not at the back of the ruck when he picked it up, 3 people bound on to him with at least 2 behind. Happened for the last couple of rucks.

Nevermind, didn't deserve to win anyway and I'm quite happy to watch Falcons in the playoff. For the second week in a row a reliable lineout would've been enough to win it but after the last few years I'm more than used to this.

Yeah.

Off to the Tigers boards now for a laugh.

Yeah, they kept looking at the dive over and they're still talking about it now in the post match when it was really very clear that he blew the whistle after the first dive for the line

Just annoying how shambolic reffing is on the whole.
Doesn't seem to be a game where the ref doesn't cause controversy.

The game on the pitch has progressed on the whole IMO but the reffing of it has gone backwards almost IMO.
(It's not just Tigers nearly every game now how much training do they do exactly?)

Tbh all that would await Tigers in 4th place is a mauling by Chiefs that papers over the cracks anyway. Falcons will give it much more of a go, and although the result will probably be the same it could be a vital stepping stone for their future development.

People say that Exeter are the exception, but we now have another team that was in the second division only 5 years ago that have now made the playoffs, let's hope it's remembered next time ring-fencing comes up. It could so easily have been them frozen out.

Tigers seem so much less than the sum of their parts and Falcons so much more than the sum of theirs. Part coaching, part culture. Wonder how the respective salary rolls compare.

Falcons could do with a set piece, not the first time their scrum's been marmalised. Cole had some making up to do though after his shocking missed tackle for Goneva's first.

History, and pride in the shirt, is such a big part of who Tigers are, they need another Cockers in charge.
It's a shame Johnno was rushed into the England job and seemingly lost all appetite for coaching because of it.
If I were Tigers I'd be pawning the silverware and throwing every single penny I could find at Dean Richards.

Olyy - what are your thoughts on the Curry twins playing together at 6 and 7?

It'll definitely be a clash of styles given they they're up against Ewers and Armand.

Olyy - what are your thoughts on the Curry twins playing together at 6 and 7?

It'll definitely be a clash of styles given they they're up against Ewers and Armand.
I like them playing together, they've been doing it since junior rugby so their games gave adapted to dovetail with each other
I don't like Jono Ross at 8 though, I don't particularly rate him at 8 anyway (world class at 6 but injury cover at 8, for me) but we need a hard carrier in the backrow to make up for the more dynamic carrying of the Currys (they'll happily crash into traffic but they're not gonna make the yards Strauss does)

I think thinks this is dimes saying "We need 4 tries to be in the top 6 mix so let's go all out on running threats"

History, and pride in the shirt, is such a big part of who Tigers are, they need another Cockers in charge.
It's a shame Johnno was rushed into the England job and seemingly lost all appetite for coaching because of it.
If I were Tigers I'd be pawning the silverware and throwing every single penny I could find at Dean Richards.

Deano will never ever ever be coming back to Tigers.
Not unless half the board get sacked then he might even come for not that much money actually.

BRING IN JOHNSON!!!!
Cockers issue was he didn't like anyone else coaching Tigers.

Deano will never ever ever be coming back to Tigers.
Not unless half the board get sacked then he might even come for not that much money actually.

BRING IN JOHNSON!!!!
How come? Blood gate? Hard feelings over his departure way back in the day?
Does sound like Tigers need to bin off the blazers tbh

Latest posts