• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Round 16/17 Round 13

BT Sport are talking about the new tackle laws enabling more offloading which could be a big plus

Stands to reason I suppose. If tackles are lower, the ball is less likely to be locked in by the tackler.

Oh look I missed the first couple of mins and then that happens.....why do I bother turning the TV on?

Falcons look a changed team this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Sale Sharks:
15. Mike Haley
14. Denny Solomona
13. Will Addison
12. Johnny Leota
11. Byron McGuigan
10. Sam James
9. James Mitchell
1. Ross Harrison
2. Rob Webber
3. Halani Aulika
4. Bryn Evans
5. Andrei Ostrikov
6. Cameron Neild
7. TJ Ioane
8. Josh Beaumont (capt.)

Replacements:
16. Neil Briggs
17. James Flynn
18. Kieran Longbottom
19. Jonathan Mills
20. Ben Curry
21. Mike Phillips
22. AJ MacGinty
23. Josh Charnley

I imagine Tuitupou is doing one on one off, as he returns from long term injury, but I'd have really liked him in the centres and Addison on the wing (still his best position imo).
Not too keen on Ioane at 7, he's a 6 or 8 for my money - understand why he's there, to add some more physicality and an extra carrying option, but I'd have started Curry with Neild or Ioane on the bench.

It's incredibly mildly irritating that Bristol do their teams in a video.
I just wanna see the team not spend 30s as they all pose for the camera

@TRF_Olyy ask diamond what is his problem with Odogwu, as he hasn't been injured. (Well according to a mate of his).

Last edited by a moderator:

They do, the improved surface up there has contributed. Used to be able to rely, if that's the word, on it being a mudbath from October to February. Now they have the surface to play a style thats contusive to getting points.

Signing players like Goneva also helps

Jesus, well played Newcastle, but this is as bad as I've seen Bath play since Mike Ford

Ducking hell....

There isn't another recognised goalkicker on the pitch for Bath, and I genuinely think he should be giving the tee to someone else, anyone who kicked for their U15 team once. That is absolutely horrible. I'm ashamed to have defended Ford's goalkicking in the past.

Priestland for Brew, Watson to wing, Priestland handed the tee?! I expect not, but that's what I'd be doing

Ford's kicking is unacceptably bad at the moment, seriously has he even practiced? Brew is so **** it hurts, how many times has he knocked on or dropped a high ball? He is utterly useless and we need to get rid of him asap.

Ford's kicking is unacceptably bad at the moment, seriously has he even practiced? Brew is so **** it hurts, how many times has he knocked on or dropped a high ball? He is utterly useless and we need to get rid of him asap.

I've been pretty happy with him in general, he's been gash today though. Along with half the team

- - - Updated - - -

@TRF_Olyy ask diamond what is his problem with Odogwu, as he hasn't been injured. (Well according to a mate of his).

I'm as puzzled as you
Only thing I can think is them trying to get their money's worth with the league guys
If he doesn't play in the next two Europe games then something is wrong

That said he was signed to the academy so maybe his run of games early doors just raised our hopes for where he is in Dimes' plans...
But he did look really good

Not watching the bath game but it sounds like Ford is adjusting his kicking to suit being a Sale player already

Last edited by a moderator:
That is another stunning finish from Roko! Maybe he made it harder than necessary though?

Roko, Watson and Joseph showing their class today.

Plus Bladders clearly had a cunning plan at HT

Not watching the bath game but it sounds like Ford is adjusting his kicking to suit being a Sale player already[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Got to admit I don't get this Sale and Ford link it just does not make sense to me from Ford's point. Surely if he does leave then Wasps, Saints, Tigers will all be in for him for one reason or another. With all respect to sale who are a great club they can't be 1st choice over the above teams.

As a Wasps fan I'd take him over Cipriani anyday and let's face it we are after anything that breaths. I like Cips but he bloody scares me at times, does daft things every game and I just know at some point he will cost us big. I prefer Jimmy at 10 for us.

I think Saints will eject Jim and surely Ford at 10 could start a new "dawn" under a new DOR

Tigers again same story as above.

Ford->Joseph->Watson->Roko = try

- - - Updated - - -

If only Ford could kick...

Latest posts