Aviva Premiership Round 16/17 Round 13

Which Tyler

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bath
Round 13 - unlucky for some; especially with the new high tackle laws coming in.
First-up for ref's wanting to show cards is Newcastle vs Bath

BTSport 1: Friday, 7.45pm
Referee: Greg Garner.
Assistant Referees: John Meredith & Wayne Falla.
TMO: Keith Lewis

Newcastle
15. Alex Tait
14. Belisario Agulla
13. Dominic Waldouck
12. Juan Pablo Socino
11. Vereniki Goneva
10. Joel Hodgson
09. Sonatane Takulua

1. Rob Vickers
2. Scott Lawson
3. Jon Welsh
4. Calum Green
5. Evan Olmstead
6. Mark Wilson
7. Will Welch (c)
8. Opeti Fonua

16. Ben Sowrey; 17. Ben Harris; 18. Paddy Ryan; 19. Will Witty; 20. Sean Robinson
21. Michael Young; 22. Craig Willis; 23. Fred Burdon

Bath:
15. Anthony Watson
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Ben Tapuai
11. Aled Brew
10. George Ford (c)
09. Darren Allinson

1. Nathan Catt
2. Tom Dunn
3. Max Lahiff
4. Elliott Stooke
5. Luke Charteris
6. Tom Ellis
7. Francois Louw
8. Zach Mercer

16. Jack Walker; 17. Beno Obano; 18. Shaun Knight; 19. Matt Garvey (c); 20. Paul Grant
21. Chris Cook; 22. Rhys Priestland; 23. Robbie Fruean

Bath's Unavailable for selection: Dave Attwood, Nick Auterac, Matt Banahan, Ross Batty, Dan Bowden, Max Clark, David Denton, Charlie Ewels, Taulupe Faletau, Kahn Fotuali'i, Henry Thomas

Last edited:
Is this the first time Jack Walker has been named in a match day squad?

He's a player that attracted a fair bit of hype but I think he's been injured since joining Bath.

Is this the first time Jack Walker has been named in a match day squad?

He's a player that attracted a fair bit of hype but I think he's been injured since joining Bath.

Youngest player to sign a professional contract I believe.

Well good luck to him on what will most likely be his debut

Also Freuan's probable debut and Watson's first start after injury (at fullback, Mike Brown long-term replacement watchers).

And as mentioned in the OP, new high tackle laws! Could be an interesting day

Bath's Unavailable for selection: Dave Attwood, Nick Auterac, Matt Banahan, Ross Batty, Dan Bowden, Max Clark, David Denton, Charlie Ewels, Taulupe Faletau, Kahn Fotuali'i, Henry Thomas

Falcons Unavailable:
Sam Lockwood, Scott Wilson, Kyle Cooper, Nili Latu, Aly Hogg, Calum Chick, Mickey Youngs, Sinoti Sinoti, Marcus Watson, Chris Harris, Adam Powell, Simon Hammersley

Davy Wilson is either injured aswell...or not allowed to play v BAth?

Im looking forward to the game. We give Saracens a good game, should have beaten Wasps...and I just hope we keep it up and put in another big performance and get the W in this one. I think we can do it.

You've certainly got it in you to get the win; and if I were to predict, I'd go for a polay opposite of out match last week against Exeter - so the home side to look in control for 60 minutes; with the away team simply having a stronger bench, allowing them to claw back the gap; and possibly win.

However, it's the first match of the new laws on high tackles and accidental contact with the head; and on TV (Thank gods not with Barnes for this one). Garner will still be wanting to clamp down on everything, and set an example for the rest to follow - so I do predict that there will at least be a period of 13 vs 13; and the winner will be whoever copes the best with the reduced numbers, or who copes best with the new interpretation and keeps in Garner's good books.

btw - I know some comments on the Falcon's board about other teams' fans talking about their injury list with team announcements; I do here because Bath include it with their squad announcements now; whereas for the last 5-6 years we've been loathe to admit if someone was out for the season - it's a good thing that they're keeping us informed, and I for one am loving it. No early excuses, no claims that we're more injured than you (or not now anyway; maybe when we had more injured players than fit), but a way of keeping track of the situation and encouraging all clubs to be more forthcoming about injuries.

You've certainly got it in you to get the win; and if I were to predict, I'd go for a polay opposite of out match last week against Exeter - so the home side to look in control for 60 minutes; with the away team simply having a stronger bench, allowing them to claw back the gap; and possibly win.

However, it's the first match of the new laws on high tackles and accidental contact with the head; and on TV (Thank gods not with Barnes for this one). Garner will still be wanting to clamp down on everything, and set an example for the rest to follow - so I do predict that there will at least be a period of 13 vs 13; and the winner will be whoever copes the best with the reduced numbers, or who copes best with the new interpretation and keeps in Garner's good books.

btw - I know some comments on the Falcon's board about other teams' fans talking about their injury list with team announcements; I do here because Bath include it with their squad announcements now; whereas for the last 5-6 years we've been loathe to admit if someone was out for the season - it's a good thing that they're keeping us informed, and I for one am loving it. No early excuses, no claims that we're more injured than you (or not now anyway; maybe when we had more injured players than fit), but a way of keeping track of the situation and encouraging all clubs to be more forthcoming about injuries.

I really like to see an injury list as it lets you know where the players are on the coaches mind (if dropped or not).

People should embrace an increase in information.

Tigers
15 Freddie Burns
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Jack Roberts
11 Tom Brady
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Ed Slater
5 Mike Fitzgerald
6 Mike Williams
7 Will Evans
8 Brendon O’Connor

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Greg Bateman
18 Pat Cilliers
19 Graham Kitchener
20 Lachlan McCaffrey
21 Sam Harrison
22 George Worth
23 Matt Smith

Gloucester line up (V. Worcester):

15. James Hook; 14. Charlie Sharples, 13. Matt Scott, 12. Billy Twelvetrees, 11. Jonny May; 10. Billy Burns, 9. Greig Laidlaw (capt); 1. Josh Hohneck, 2. Richard Hibbard, 3. Salesi Ma'afu; 4. Tom Savage, 5. Jeremy Thrush; 6. Ross Moriarty, 7. Jacob Rowan, 8. Ben Morgan

Replacements:
16. Motu Matu'u, 17. Paddy McAllister, 18. John Afoa, 19. Joe Latta, 20. Lewis Ludlow, 21. Ben Vellacott, 22. Andy Symons, 23. Henry Purdy

Only 6 players listed as unavailable but it seems that Trinder, Kalamafoni (neither has played since April) & Marshall (out since Sept) have been out for so long, they don't get listed at all any more.

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE SARACENS

15 Phil Dollman
14 Jack Nowell
13 Sam Hill
12 Henry Slade
11 James Short
10 Gareth Steenson (capt)
9 Will Chudley

1 Carl Rimmer
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Greg Holmes
4 Ollie Atkins
5 Geoff Parling
6 Don Armand
7 Tom Johnson
8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Ben Moon
18 Harry Williams
19 Mitch Lees
20 Dave Dennis
21 Jack Maunder
22 Ian Whitten
23 Michele Campagnaro

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE SARACENS

23 Michele Campagnaro

If he gets on - will that be his first game time of the season?
An absolute criminal waste - but then, that's what happens with such a congested midfield.

Tigers
15 Freddie Burns
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Jack Roberts
11 Tom Brady
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Ed Slater
5 Mike Fitzgerald
6 Mike Williams
7 Will Evans
8 Brendon O’Connor

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Greg Bateman
18 Pat Cilliers
19 Graham Kitchener
20 Lachlan McCaffrey
21 Sam Harrison
22 George Worth
23 Matt Smith

Wasps team to play Leicester

15. Kurtley Beale
14. Christian Wade
13. Elliot Daly
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Josh Bassett
10. Jimmy Gopperth
9. Dan Robson
1. Matt Mullan (c)
2. Tommy Taylor
3. Marty Moore
4. Matt Symons
5. Kearnan Myall
6. Thomas Young
7. Guy Thompson
8. Nathan Hughes

16. Ashley Johnson
17. Simon McIntyre
18. Phil Swainston
19. James Gaskell
20. James Haskell
21. Joe Simpson
22. Danny Cipriani
23. Rob Miller

Let's hope the Brand can find fitness and form nice and quickly.

Bristol side to play Northampton

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TEAM NEWS: Here's your <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BristolRugby?src=hash">#BristolRugby</a> line-up to face Northampton Saints on Saturday. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MakingBristolProud?src=hash">#MakingBristolProud</a> <a href="https://t.co/uz2f3151QX">pic.twitter.com/uz2f3151QX</a></p>&mdash; Bristol Rugby (@Bristol_RFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bristol_RFC/status/817339959547834368">January 6, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good to see Jamal Ford Robinson getting a start, what's your opinion of Billy Searle being relegated to the bench? I know that he's young and inexperienced, but my impression is that he had been a significant influence in everything good that has happened to Bristol since Robinson's departure.

Sale Sharks:
15. Mike Haley
14. Denny Solomona
13. Will Addison
12. Johnny Leota
11. Byron McGuigan
10. Sam James
9. James Mitchell
1. Ross Harrison
2. Rob Webber
3. Halani Aulika
4. Bryn Evans
5. Andrei Ostrikov
6. Cameron Neild
7. TJ Ioane
8. Josh Beaumont (capt.)

Replacements:
16. Neil Briggs
17. James Flynn
18. Kieran Longbottom
19. Jonathan Mills
20. Ben Curry
21. Mike Phillips
22. AJ MacGinty
23. Josh Charnley

I imagine Tuitupou is doing one on one off, as he returns from long term injury, but I'd have really liked him in the centres and Addison on the wing (still his best position imo).
Not too keen on Ioane at 7, he's a 6 or 8 for my money - understand why he's there, to add some more physicality and an extra carrying option, but I'd have started Curry with Neild or Ioane on the bench.
Bristol side to play Northampton

TEAM NEWS: Here's your #BristolRugby line-up to face Northampton Saints on Saturday. #MakingBristolProud pic.twitter.com/uz2f3151QXâ€" Bristol Rugby (@Bristol_RFC) January 6, 2017

It's incredibly mildly irritating that Bristol do their teams in a video.
I just wanna see the team not spend 30s as they all pose for the camera

Sale Sharks:
15. Mike Haley
14. Denny Solomona
13. Will Addison
12. Johnny Leota
11. Byron McGuigan
10. Sam James
9. James Mitchell
1. Ross Harrison
2. Rob Webber
3. Halani Aulika
4. Bryn Evans
5. Andrei Ostrikov
6. Cameron Neild
7. TJ Ioane
8. Josh Beaumont (capt.)

Replacements:
16. Neil Briggs
17. James Flynn
18. Kieran Longbottom
19. Jonathan Mills
20. Ben Curry
21. Mike Phillips
22. AJ MacGinty
23. Josh Charnley

I imagine Tuitupou is doing one on one off, as he returns from long term injury, but I'd have really liked him in the centres and Addison on the wing (still his best position imo).
Not too keen on Ioane at 7, he's a 6 or 8 for my money - understand why he's there, to add some more physicality and an extra carrying option, but I'd have started Curry with Neild or Ioane on the bench.

It's incredibly mildly irritating that Bristol do their teams in a video.
I just wanna see the team not spend 30s as they all pose for the camera

Now that I know that I'll always do it :lol:

Truthfully I find it irritating but also a bit corny, just cba typing it out myself