• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership: Worcester Warriors vs Sale Sharks (03/09/2011 15:00)

Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
Aviva Premiership.png

Worcester.png
Versus Prem.png
Sale.png

Sixways, Worcester
03/09/2011 - 15:00
Referee: David Rose

[TABLE="class: grid"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Worcester Warriors[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Sale Sharks[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Errie Claassens[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]Rob Miller[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marcel Garvey[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Tom Brady[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alex Grove[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Andrew Higgins[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dale Rasmussen[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Will Addison[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Miles Benjamin[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Joaquin Tuculet[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Andy Goode[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Nick Macleod[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Shaun Perry[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Dwayne Peel[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kai Horstmann (C)[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Mark Easter[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jake Abbott[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]David Seymour (C)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Neil Best[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]James Gaskell[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Craig Gillies[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Fraser McKenzie[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]James Percival[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Kearnan Myall[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tevita Taumoepeau[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Vadim Cobilas[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ed Shervington[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Joe Ward[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Matt Mullan[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Lee Imiolek[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Fortey[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]Marc Jones[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]George Porter[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]Aston Croall[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bruce Douglas[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]Henry Thomas[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Jones[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]Tom Holmes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Matt Kvesic[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]Neil Briggs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jonny Arr[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]Scott Mathie[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Joe Carlisle[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]Kyle Tonetti[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Pennell[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]Charlie Amesbury[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Fsdgsjgaga

Excited for the new season to start :D

However, I'm not sure if our captain will actually be playing :huh: - He's been in New Zealand the past two weeks getting married and getting his wifes Visa sorted, and missed both preseasons. Fingers crossed he's back though, considering he used to be a Warrior he'll be fired up :D

If I'm being really honest, I expect Worcester to win. If we can get a losing BP then I won't be that gutted, though obviously I'd like to see a win at the start of the season, though we are missing like 10 players (not including Buckley as Henry Thomas and Vadim Cobilas are both a million times better)

I'd like to see:

1. Imiolek
2. Ward
3. Cobilas
4. McKenzie
5. Myall
6. Gaskell
7. Seymour (vc/c)
8. Easter
9. Peel
10. MacLeod
11. Amesbury
12. Tuitupou (c) - Tonetti if not there
13. Burrell
14. Brady
15. Tuculet

Jones, Croall, Thomas, Holmes, Briggs, Mathie, Tonetti/Miller, Miller/Addison

Last edited:
Thought Briggs was a hooker? Are you really that short of back-row?

Yes.

He started his career as an openside who could fill in at hooker, and then switched to hooker who can cover openside - he was backrow cover during the two preseason matches
We're missing three backrowers (Vernon and Powell to the WC, Fourie to injury) and also two locks (Lewaravu and Ostrikov) meaning that Myall, who prefers playing 6, has to move to lock fulltime (Holmes on the bench is an academy player who's been getting game time in preseason due to players missing to the WC)
I'd prefer Gaskell at lock, to be honest, as he's pretty pants in the backrow, but Myall is a better lock than him - oh to have the Gaskell of season-before last back, he's gone to pots since then :(

vB Aviva Premiership: Worcester Warriors vs Sale Sharks (03/09/2011 15:00)

vBookie now added for this match!

Yes.

He started his career as an openside who could fill in at hooker, and then switched to hooker who can cover openside - he was backrow cover during the two preseason matches
We're missing three backrowers (Vernon and Powell to the WC, Fourie to injury) and also two locks (Lewaravu and Ostrikov) meaning that Myall, who prefers playing 6, has to move to lock fulltime (Holmes on the bench is an academy player who's been getting game time in preseason due to players missing to the WC)
I'd prefer Gaskell at lock, to be honest, as he's pretty pants in the backrow, but Myall is a better lock than him - oh to have the Gaskell of season-before last back, he's gone to pots since then :(

I thought Ostrikov was a 6. I might have to change that bit in my pre-season preview. Regardless, it does look like I'm right about Sale's back five being a sparse wasteland... I should probably type faster so I can share these blinding insights before they're irrelevant.

Ostrikov has played a lot of 6 but prefers (and has been signed as a) lock

That's a strong looking Worcester side

Sale's is a bit hit or miss - Don't understand why Tonetti is on the bench with Addison starting at 12. Addison is a winger =/
Only explanation I can think of is that they don't want to rush Tonetti back after his surgery, but then he had that a while ago

Miller and Tuculet both starting is good, a lot of attacking flair in the backs

Hopefully Chris Jones gets some time for Warriors

Bring it on :D

Unfortunately not :(

Would love to be, but I live in Aber full time now, and can't afford the £40 petrol + tickets atm

Gutted as well, because I love Sixways - and my cousin used to play for Worcester as well so would be good to rub it in is Sale won :lol: (or make a quick getaway if we don't :p )

Really wish this match was later on in the season when I had the cash =/

Well, if you will live in Aberunprouncable, thats your own sodding look out.

Ah well. I wanted someone to tell me how Kvesic did when he got on.

I'm going to be listening to the commentary online, and it's commentary from the BBC station local to Worcester (BBC hereford or something) so, if they're as biased as others usually are, they'll go on about him a fair bit when he comes one :p
I'll let you know what I hear

Cheers, although I imagine ITV highlights will be more reliable. Gods, roll on kickoff already...

Warriors 17 - 12 Sale

Scrum got destroyed, lineout was subpar, lots of missed penalties
Going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season

Was a good match in the end. Sale played well, but their pack was absolutely awful. I know our pack is actually pretty good, but I don't think I've ever seen our pack dominate a match like that. But Sale's backs looked decent, they were always looking for the interception, always looking lively. True to several previews of the season I've read, I think once that team of strangers gel, they'll do well this season.Worcester played well, pack was grand, backs were good, we just need to learn to be much more clinical in attack as at least two tries went begging. But it was a good performance, bodes well, we've just got to keep on improving as much as possible as quick as possible.Oh, and for the person who asked, Kvesic looked good when he came on in the last 20 minutes, hit some good tackles, carried the ball a bit, but didn't have too many opportunities to shine.

Latest posts