• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 round 13

In that particular case yes it was a correct decision. But I have a real problem with holding people into the ruck because it is never punished, ever. The only time it is acknowledged by an official is when someone retaliates so of course the holder wins the penalty. The worst possible outcome from holding someone in a ruck is that you get away with a penalty offence.

I know there's a lot going on on a rugby pitch, but there are four officials watching each game including one who is watching every ruck in detail on a screen with the ability to rewind and rewatch if he's unsure. I'm sure this could be dealt with, and it's a serious problem at the moment.

I don't disagree.

Mallinder is such a bluffer.

Made hard work of it, especially considering the red card, but managed to squeak the win and the possibility of ending the weekend in 6th

I'm in the pro-TMO camp, but come on. That was ridiculous
Don't watch the Sale game, the TMO spent about 5mins checking for a player in touch at the end, only to come to a decision, be told to check again by the referee, then change his mind :p

;)Ben Kay said Saints could feel aggrieved at Owen Williams hands on Wood but nobody comment on the ability of Saint to slow the ball illegally. At one ruck Gibson stepped forward and dropped at the back of the ruck uncontested? Wtf is it just me? Bring back rucking I say, dose of the shoe cures that ailment.:D

;)Ben Kay said Saints could feel aggrieved at Owen Williams hands on Wood but nobody comment on the ability of Saint to slow the ball illegally. At one ruck Gibson stepped forward and dropped at the back of the ruck uncontested? Wtf is it just me? Bring back rucking I say, dose of the shoe cures that ailment.:D
Both teams were guilty of slowing the ball illegally. The ref was consistent throughout the game in my opinion.

As a neutral I thought saints got away with murder at the ruck, not to mention the 2 slap downs in the red zone. Or maybe (Lawes fair enough) other teams deserve harsher penalties, it seems certain players/teams can get away with things like slowing the ruck, kicking away ball to prevent advantage etc. Scaracens at times being a good example, really pee me off.

Cook is tearing Worcester apart,
Wuss look a completely different side to the last couple of weeks
Going to need some help with inside playmaking now that Jono Lance has gone home. But at least they should now dodge relegation.

IF marler gets banned then who is our out 6n props?
Mako

Genge injured
Marler banned

Whos the next choice?

Can't see Hepburn getting near. It'll either be Mullan because of his experience or Obano as he was selected in the training squad. Personally would quite like to see Obano.

Beno-Obano.jpg

dIR0UVH_d.jpg

I'd be happy with Obano, realistically whoever it is is only there until genge is for and/or Marler sorts his life out, getting game time and experience for a promising youngster

Can't see Hepburn getting near. It'll either be Mullan because of his experience or Obano as he was selected in the training squad. Personally would quite like to see Obano.

Agreed. Obano is the most deserving based upon his form this season and Hepburn is only just back from injury.

Mullan is currently injured . No idea when he's back.

I actually reckon it'll be Obano over Mullan, although Mullan would probably be more dependable Obano would be the looking-to-2019 option which I think Eddie favours

Have they put the Desso in yet?

I don't wear glasses/contacts, but surely there must be some danger to Mako's eyesight wearing them?
He seems to have to replace them every game at least once... is there no chance of scratching his eye?

Have they put the Desso in yet?

I don't wear glasses/contacts, but surely there must be some danger to Mako's eyesight wearing them?
He seems to have to replace them every game at least once... is there no chance of scratching his eye?

There really isn't any danger for wearing them.

I am amazed by how often guys have to replace them in sports. Halfpenny is also at least once a game. I've never had an issue except in baseball where they dried out due to heat.

I would have thought they come loose due to direct impact to the eye, (which happened to me relatively often when I played) which I would have thought was not something regular contact users would have to deal with.

Latest posts