• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 round 13

Vastly improved performance by Bath. Handling in the backs still looks pretty clunky, especially considering the class of players they have. Breakdown was much better, that counterruck Lahiff started was sexy

Whyyyyyyyyy do BT insist in using Flatman for bath games
He's ******* useless when bath are playing (only marginally less when they aren't)

Totally agree. Regardless of what game he's commentating on he's a kn*b. His bias is painful and his teams of the week that get released are frankly embarrassing at times.

Totally agree. Regardless of what game he's commentating on he's a kn*b. His bias is painful and his teams of the week that get released are frankly embarrassing at times.
Team of the week last week. Not 1 chiefs player or leicester player lol

Personally don't really see Flatman's bias, but accept that could be partly down to my own bias.

Since we're *****ing about commentators ... Dallaglio is my personal bugbear. Everything he says seems to be either obvious or wrong (not to mention his own clear bias). He is to rugby what Ian Botham is to cricket for me, in that it amazes me how someone can be so good at a sport, yet seem to understand it so poorly when talking about it!

Personally don't really see Flatman's bias, but accept that could be partly down to my own bias.

Since we're *****ing about commentators ... Dallaglio is my personal bugbear. Everything he says seems to be either obvious or wrong (not to mention his own clear bias). He is to rugby what Ian Botham is to cricket for me, in that it amazes me how someone can be so good at a sport, yet seem to understand it so poorly when talking about it!

Agree he's also a bit of a kn*b. Spoke to him outside Twickers last season and he was a nice chap but on commentary hes up there with flats.

Cant really comment on any Healy bias because all he does is slate Tigers anyway and Kay has to be careful what he says as hes on the board!

Manu Tuilagi makes 100th appearance for Tigers today. Best of luck but also wow I know he's rarely played but he only has 99caps for Tigers thst is nuts

Agree he's also a bit of a kn*b. Spoke to him outside Twickers last season and he was a nice chap but on commentary hes up there with flats.

Cant really comment on any Healy bias because all he does is slate Tigers anyway and Kay has to be careful what he says as hes on the board!

I actually like Healey - but it's only possible by consciously blocking out his smug, "laddish" persona and listening to his analysis which I think is really inciteful, and he delivers it engagingly. If he could just stay quiet instead of bantering he'd be a top drawer pundit

I'm a big fan of Healy, too.

I don't think he's biased at all, as well - he almost reminds me of Brian Moore. Always accused of bias but slags off the team he's supposed to be biased towards more than anyone else!

Split loyalties on Northampton-Gloucester - as a Bath fan, Gloucester winning is bad for our playoff prospects but as a rugby fan I like Gloucester's resurgence and how they've been playing. And for reasons I can't quite articulate, I don't like Northampton

I'm a big fan of Healy, too.

I don't think he's biased at all, as well - he almost reminds me of Brian Moore. Always accused of bias but slags off the team he's supposed to be biased towards more than anyone else!
True dat

22 mins in and we are being outplayed in every department against the worst team in the league AT HOME.

Solomona out, for sale, so Addison starts at 14 which is, imo, His best position.
Absolutely killing it so far, two try assists, smashed Robshaw causing a turnover and a penalty and made a 50m break from our 22
Such a shame his career has been so blighted with injuries

22 mins in and we are being outplayed in every department against the worst team in the league AT HOME.

I would argue that Saints are the worst team in the league at the moment. At least Irish are giving teams a game. We're a nailed on bonus point win at the moment.

Went to put money on Cokanasiga scoring before the game but his name wasn't on bet365's list... ffs

Northampton are playing well in patches but their errors defy belief. Both how many, and how dumb they are. They conceded a 10m scrum just because Tom Wood couldn't be arsed to walk 3 metres to his right to be a proper blocker at the ruck. What happened to your England captaincy bid Tom ... ?

Last edited:
Think that's pretty bang on from Tempest. Well done.
In that particular case yes it was a correct decision. But I have a real problem with holding people into the ruck because it is never punished, ever. The only time it is acknowledged by an official is when someone retaliates so of course the holder wins the penalty. The worst possible outcome from holding someone in a ruck is that you get away with a penalty offence.

I know there's a lot going on on a rugby pitch, but there are four officials watching each game including one who is watching every ruck in detail on a screen with the ability to rewind and rewatch if he's unsure. I'm sure this could be dealt with, and it's a serious problem at the moment.

Well looks like Marler won't be playing in the 6N
Shoulder charge to the face of a player sat next to a ruck, straight red

Latest posts