• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Stadium

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PT-uNVkKlH8&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PT-uNVkKlH8&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

As the stadium is the subject...

We mullered them tonight.
First time I've ever watched RTE, the coverage isn't great. I'm guessing an Irishman would say the same about Scrum V... I felt so sorry for the main anchor-he was so old, and his studio guests were just so negative, they didn't give him anything to work with!

We mullered them tonight.
First time I've ever watched RTE, the coverage isn't great. I'm guessing an Irishman would say the same about Scrum V... I felt so sorry for the main anchor-he was so old, and his studio guests were just so negative, they didn't give him anything to work with!

Hey! That old guy is a n institution, Bill- He's the best. Some examples of his fine refereeing-

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill O'Heralihy is ageless. The ultimate legend. Who was on tonight by the way? I'll assume it was Liam, John and Eamon.

Cyril, where's this 'we coming from by the way? I don't see why an English team should attract the following of a staunch Welshman.

Cyril he had poor back up tonight but watch when bill and all the proper crew are on they are better than sky and don't hold back

Bill O'Heralihy is ageless. The ultimate legend. Who was on tonight by the way? I'll assume it was Liam, John and Eamon.

Cyril, where's this 'we coming from by the way? I don't see why an English team should attract the following of a staunch Welshman.

Let's be honest Welsh football is a shambles at times.

... I support Man United... Like the majority of South Wales... and Ireland it would seem from last night's crowd!
I've followed them since I was 5 years old and bloody love them. I know I don't come from anywhere near Manchester, so call me a glory hunter, I don't give a ****. :)

Yeah it was funny last night that majority of crowd were Man Utd fans. It showed last night how poor irish soccer has gone and well outside Dublin there is no real decent team

Yeah it was funny last night that majority of crowd were Man Utd fans. It showed last night how poor irish soccer has gone and well outside Dublin there is no real decent team

Irish domestic soccer. Our international team still isn't half bad and if you added Andy Reid, Stephen Reid and Stephen Ireland to the midfield we'd be quite a creative force imo.

I go to a fair amount of Airtricity League games and I'll agree with other posters- the standard is quite poor, especially this season. I support Bohs, where 6 of last nights selection play, and their best players were sold to English Championship teams last season and fared quite well. There is some talent playing in Ireland, like Paddy Madden of Bohs, but they're surrounded by dross which makes it hard for them to shine.

I know our international team is grand although I think Andy Reid isn't a loss. I was more on about the domestic game. The Aviva had close to 50000 as it's attendance last night although there seemed to be empty seats. If the domestic game got that for the total of all matches in both leagues over a month period that'd be seen as super. If we were ever to challenge realistically in soccer I think we'd have to be like rugby and create provinces.

Steven Reid, has retired too!

As for League of Ireland, standard is poor, but match days are great. Had many a good night up in Turners Cross

Cork city was always good spot but well finances aren't there for full time soccer in Ireland unless they combine like munster Leinster etc n challenge in Europe and try same in welsh league too have a Celtic league type goin because Scottish soccer is bad too

Irish domestic soccer. Our international team still isn't half bad and if you added Andy Reid, Stephen Reid and Stephen Ireland to the midfield we'd be quite a creative force imo.

We've (Bristol City) got a couple of Irish guys on trail. Patrick Hoban and Jimmy Keohane, dunno if you know much about them. Ones is from Wexford and I don't know the other.

Steven Ireland won't play for us he hasn't gotten over the death of his grandmothers...

Stephen Ireland was reportedly bullied in the Ireland training camp. Apparently Stephen Hunt used to pin him to the ground and pull his hair plugs out because he liked the funny popping noise they made when pulled out... I don't wanna condone bullying but that's pretty hilarious

Stephen Ireland was reportedly bullied in the Ireland training camp. Apparently Stephen Hunt used to pin him to the ground and pull his hair plugs out because he liked the funny popping noise they made when pulled out... I don't wanna condone bullying but that's pretty hilarious

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ireland-was-not-bullied-insists-hunt-1200490.html

And off topic a tad: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-stories-look-ridiculous-Ive-change-that.html

Interesting read into Stephen Ireland.

The stadium looks great and the facillities seem to be state of the art. Does anyone know whethermany Leinster games will be played there?

Latest posts