• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Stadium

Looks snazzy and will hope to get there at some pont in the future. I hate to go off on a tangent but did anyone else think the "try" at 3.37 wasn't actually grounded?

Leinster like Munster will only play there if they have to. If I remember right Leinster have RDS for 20 years ne way but well Leinster may move a QF there if situation arises but it is unlikely

Leinster like Munster will only play there if they have to. If I remember right Leinster have RDS for 20 years ne way but well Leinster may move a QF there if situation arises but it is unlikely

Incorrect. We have two fixtures scheduled in for Landsdowne this year already. The Munster game in October has already been moved and the Clermont game looks odds on to be played there. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sarries game moved either.

I knew munster game was there but that was the IRFU that pushed that. Didn't kno that the H Cup game was goin to be there. I kinda believe it a bad idea because the RDS is super when full and well the same intimidation won't be there at a less than capacity crowd at Aviva

Also may I add Feic those games are not offically announced yet and talks are still ongoing regarding Munster gam. As of now it is still at RDS

I'm pretty sure Leinster can guarentee you 50,000 fans for a game against Clermont.

Leinster were struggling to fill RDS for some group games last year so I doubt it. Like even if it were Munster I'd doubt it too when you factor in our current economic factors and time of year the match is on and the fact of it been only a group game.
I don't think it'd be a good idea like if The Aviva was in limerick Munster would never do a move like that in H Cup simply because why move when our team knows every blade of grass and there is always a subdued atmosphere when you move.
And well I think it'd be more of a benefit for Clermont than Leinster

Leinster's upcoming demolition of Munster in October has been officially moved to the Aviva Stadium. I got my season ticket notification earlier announcing this. It's great that 50,000 people will be there to watch Leinster crush the red clad tellytubbies for the 5th time in a row.

Leinster were struggling to fill RDS for some group games last year so I doubt it. Like even if it were Munster I'd doubt it too when you factor in our current economic factors and time of year the match is on and the fact of it been only a group game.
I don't think it'd be a good idea like if The Aviva was in limerick Munster would never do a move like that in H Cup simply because why move when our team knows every blade of grass and there is always a subdued atmosphere when you move.
And well I think it'd be more of a benefit for Clermont than Leinster

Eh? The last game was something like 200 people down, but that happens with season ticket holders and the like. I'm fine with the game being moved. We'll fill the ground no worries (there are 2 millions people in Leinster and some with lots of money, everyone will want to go to the Clermontgame after last year's saga) and the added crowd should spur us on. I don't really buy into this ground influencing your performance. It's still a field so the boys should be as good. The crowd is the factor imo.

Well if that is how Leinster do feel about it and are confident of filling it then I'd applaud them as I'd love to see rugby there as much as possible but well the fact that there is no terrace I jus feel if it not full atmosphere can dip.
But if sell out then it should be a financially rewarding game

This game will easily sell out. For most of the season ticket holders it'll be their first real experience in the new stadium. They are being given the option to buy more and Leinster will advertise it quite well.

I'd expect a fair few Munster fans to come along and have a look as well.

Why'd munster fans come along as we playin same weekend and well munster fans will see it at Internationals in Nov. And coming from Munster for an evening game wouldn't make sense unless u were really interested.
Will be good if they do sell out and will be a massive step for Leinster in terms of progression and I applaud them for that but well I just thinking commercially and as I was told during the first rugby game there. Everytime the stadium holds an event it has to sell 22000 tickets excluding corporate tickets to breakeven

Guys, guys, its cool. Hold our HEC game in some car park in Temple Bar because at the end of the day regardless of where you play it'll be in mother-frickin' DUBLIN AND THATS AWESOME!!!

Ha in Dublin Prestwick it's hard to go against Leinster but well if they could hold it in Krystle nightclub then Sarries wouldn't have chance :)
if Leinster do go to Aviva I do hope it a success though as the Aviva is a magnificent stadium and I for 1 want it to be on shop as much as possible.

I'd predict Leinster to be able to atleast make the 40,000 mark if they play at the stadium and I hope they do. I'd love to see the magners league ulster and munster maches played there aswell. I think that Leinster were waiting for the aviva to be built to allow the RDS to be upgraded. Do you think the AIB final will be played there??

It tricky to see if AIL will be played there as the crowd will be relatively small but still grass roots rugby has to be given chance too on Aviva so hopefully. Also it'll be great if Leinster do fill it up for few games but I jus wonder at times like location can't be argued as RDS is clos so no major difference but as I say will ticket price change and deter fans if not then maybe it will work

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/4956.php

Leinster Rugby are delighted to announce details of an exciting double-header in the Aviva Stadium against Munster in the Magners League on Saturday, 2nd October (KO: 7.30pm) and Clermont Auvergne in the Heineken Cup on Saturday, 18th December (KO: 5.45pm)...

Commenting on this exciting double-header, Leinster Chief Executive Mick Dawson said that the move to the renovated state-of-the-art home of Irish rugby represents an enormous opportunity for more supporters of the game to see top class rugby across the province and beyond. He said: "Leinster have enjoyed many outstanding moments in Lansdowne Road down through the years and we are confident that this double-header will kick-start an exciting new era for the province in the Aviva Stadium.
"We were proud to stage 'The Last Stand' against Ulster in December 2006 and we are grateful to the IRFU for enabling us to use this outstanding facility.
"Obviously we remain committed long-term to the RDS, an arena which continues to serve the province so well and has become a real fortress for the team and our loyal supporters. But the move for these two games to the Aviva Stadium presents an enormous opportunity for those who can't readily access tickets to top class rugby across the province.
"The ticket prices for these games remain competitive, starting at €30 with reduced price family packages also available, and I would urge supporters to secure your seats early to avoid disappointment."
While Leinster Season Ticket holders will be accommodated already for the double-header, the 13,000 supporters who have committed their support to the province for all home games this year have also been contacted and have first option now to purchase additional tickets for the Munster game.
Any remaining tickets for this Magners League derby, also taking into account Munster's allocation, will go on public sale from Monday, 23rd August at 10am from www.leinsterrugby.ie and Ticketmaster outlets nationwide. Prices start from €30 while family concessions are also available.
Meanwhile, details of the public sale of the tickets for the visit of Clermont Auvergne in the pre-Christmas Heineken Cup clash in the Aviva Stadium will be available in the coming weeks.

Why'd munster fans come along as we playin same weekend and well munster fans will see it at Internationals in Nov. And coming from Munster for an evening game wouldn't make sense unless u were really interested.
I actually thought we were talking about the Leinster vs Munster ML League game so its all moot, though you seem to forget there are quite a few Munster fans working and living in Dublin.

Latest posts