Connacht/Munster Management:

Nigel Carolan (Coach)
Ken O'Connell (Coach)
Ian Sherwin (Manager)
Antoine Mobian (Fitness advisor)
Paudie Roche (Fitness advisor)
Damien Mordan (Physiotherapist)
Nicola Lyons (Squad Coordinator)

That's at the Havelock Square End to appease the residents who live behind the stadium. A taller structure would have blocked light getting to their houses. Strange that they didn't realise there's a big f^£k off stadium on their doorstep when they bought their houses!

I agree that it looks ridiculous.

Oh I thought it was alluding to the old Lansdowne. There was that small bank at one end right?

That's at the Havelock Square End to appease the residents who live behind the stadium. A taller structure would have blocked light getting to their houses. Strange that they didn't realise there's a big f^£k off stadium on their doorstep when they bought their houses!

I agree that it looks ridiculous.

Sounds like the North Stand at the Millenium, could and should have been a far bigger end but because of disagreements it wasn't allowed to be as big as planned.

Yeah, that's the remaining wall from the old Arms Park isn't it? The WRU wanted to keep it for sentimentality, but just spoils it. Still the best stadium in the world though, so wharreva!

Guys how are you going to call this Stadium? I hope you keep calling it Lansdowne Road.

Guys how are you going to call this Stadium? I hope you keep calling it Lansdowne Road.

Thread ***le might help you there :lol: . No matter what thye call it it will still be Lansdowne Rd

If Aviva want to pump 40m quid into the IRFU through the naming rights of the stadium, I've no problem calling it the Aviva Stadium. I've no issue with selling the naming rights to the stadium. What does bother me is seeing a sponsor on an international team's shirt or worsestill selling the naming rights of an international team. The "Quantas Wallabies" moniker in particular bothers me - call them Australia dammit.

What I don't like is buying a team jersey with the sponsors on it. It doesn't make it cheaper and I am not paid for wearing an advertisement. For example nowadays it is not possible to buy a Toulouse jersey without Peugeot name on it...

There was a group on facebook called something like "I will never call Lansdowne Road the Aviva Stadium" and it got something like 40,000 members and there's a rumor that the group maker was sued. Either way the group has been shut down

What I don't like is buying a team jersey with the sponsors on it. It doesn't make it cheaper and I am not paid for wearing an advertisement. For example nowadays it is not possible to buy a Toulouse jersey without Peugeot name on it...
I agree; I always liked how Athletic Bilbao and Barcelona refused to put a sponsor on their jersey. Perhaps Barcelona's decision to stick Unicef on their shirt has something to do with them having a guility conscience- Nike make their shirt and apparently employ a load of kids to make their shirts in Asia.

I'd love to see Leinster become profitable enough that they don't have to stick a gaudy Bank of Ireland logo all over their kits to help pay the bills.

There was a group on facebook called something like "I will never call Lansdowne Road the Aviva Stadium" and it got something like 40,000 members and there's a rumor that the group maker was sued. Either way the group has been shut down
Do you notice that all sports journalists in this country now call it the Aviva Stadium? I wonder whether they're worried that calling it Lansdowne Road in their newspapers will lead to the IRFU and FAI deciding to limit their free press access to the stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:
All journalists and members of the media are obliged to refer to it as the Aviva Stadium apparently. I'm not sure what will happen if someone refers to it as Lansdowne Road

it will always be landsdowne tome or at least landsdowne sponserd by avia

Over time the Lansdowne Road name will cease to be used. Look at how an iconic building in Dublin, the Point Depot, has seemlessly become The o2 in just a couple of years. Also the Millenium Dome in London is universally recognised as the o2 Arena. Ashburton Grove became the Emirates Stadium...........there are tons of examples.

Latest posts