• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/2023 QFs

Yea its over. Plumtree's return cant come soon enough, its been a failed season. No proper game plan questionable decision making by some players.

So happy they sorted out that cyst for Conan. Having him at his best is brilliant.

Fairly dull game tbh. I thought Leinster would kick on and demolish them, but they didn't really need to up the gears and Sharks didn't fire a shot, bar that cheap one on Porter.

Classy last try though. Sharks 9 was the pick of their players.

Massive try for Munster. Defending like mad for 20 mins and now leading by 7.

O'Mahony and Snyman off for the game which ain't good

At least Leinster will be really primed for European final as we will bring it next week

I don't know why they don't give Lowry a shot as flyhalf.

Burns is an average URC player, but Lowry (IMO) does have potential to become and excellent national player. Reminds me of Damien McKenzie.

Tried, and failed dismally in a game also against Connacht I think. When Madigan came on with about 15 to go, the backline instantly started playing. If Madigan had been on 10 mins sooner we'd have won whatever match that was.

Lowry isn't a pro-level 10. Unfortunately, I don't think he's an elite 15 either - and is always a fullback the opposition will seek to target for obvious reasons. Could he cut it on the wing?

Enjoying rooting for Leinster before casually slipping back into hateful bitterness for the Heineken Cup
Do you not mean your having a lapse now and you'll hope to have recovered from your temporary bad judgement in time for the Heineken Cup?

Yeah I think McFarland has taken Ulster as far as he can. He reminds me of Van Graan a bit: not an awful coach, he's developed a decent squad but he won't take you to the top level and the style of play won't cut it.

Player wise I don't think they're that far off the mark. Back five needs a bit of help but bar that it's a good squad. Burns isn't a bad 10, but they do need better.

Agreed on first sentence, not so sure on second. Too many "good-but-not-great" players kicking around - we're always gonna struggle badly to match up to Leinster. But its even worse when we continue without an underage system that both recognises the club game more and tries to get fellas over from Gaelic into that club system. Copying the Leinster format won't work. Too many differences both social and political between the two.

Boys from South Derry, Tyrone or South Down won't be going to Methody or Belfast Inst, no matter how much the old school tie bunch might wish for it. But they might be persuaded to turn out for Dungannon, Clogher Valley, Newry or Banbridge (etc).

Latest posts