• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/2023 QFs

Definitely the right result. Connacht honestly could have run away with that at one stage. Very frustrating end to the season for Ulster I'd have to imagine. See you for Munsters frustrating end to the season tomorrow

Think McFarland has done a lot of good for Ulster but they might want to start looking at another coach. Certainly could do with a new voice somewhere. Their coaching room is actually quite small.

I don't know why they don't give Lowry a shot as flyhalf.

Burns is an average URC player, but Lowry (IMO) does have potential to become and excellent national player. Reminds me of Damien McKenzie.

Yeah I think McFarland has taken Ulster as far as he can. He reminds me of Van Graan a bit: not an awful coach, he's developed a decent squad but he won't take you to the top level and the style of play won't cut it.

Player wise I don't think they're that far off the mark. Back five needs a bit of help but bar that it's a good squad. Burns isn't a bad 10, but they do need better.

actually, both teams playing for a home semi final. That's massive.
Isn't it still the case that it's the fixture and not the specific team that counts? In that Connacht effectively usurps the no2 log spot. Sharks could for instance host the final if they manage Leinster and host successfully from there. Unless they changed it.

Edit. Okay, I saw this..

Nice!

I'd almost be surprised if Vermeulen makes the RWC squad given he was nowhere that game. At least not the half I watched.

Last edited:

Setting myself up for failure probably but I always for some reason think there is a chance.

Setting myself up for failure probably but I always for some reason think there is a chance.

If the Sharks can emulate the heroics of the Bulls last year... on top of Connacht taking care of Ulster... Dare I dream of a CT final?

Bulls look terrible so far.

Also, was the Stormers try definitely grounded? Maybe I'm so used to Healy commentating that I'm starting to question such things lol

Pity about that last score but TBF we have had a bit of luck though I do feel we are good value for the lead in any case.

Blasting out 'Sweet Caroline' seems really inappropriate while a player is getting stretchered off.

Now it's 'Three Little Birds' for **** sake.

Stormers shook off the poor form over the last two games and pitched up. Libbok did great and our loose forwards did great on breakdowns. Bulls just were never allowed to get going. Game was probably decided when Moodie didn't pass the fitness test and Goosen was shifted from flyhalf to fullback. Never really felt like the Bulls were coming back.

Great attendance with the 46.5k (great value with a lot of those tickets being about £2.17). Hopefully a similar result next weekend, but less likely I feel. I wonder if the record will get broken this weekend since the Aviva is also being used for Leinster.

Jet lag and pain of economy shouldn't be an issue if the Stormers go to the final given there is a 2 week gap between semis and the final.

I'm almost the happiest with Libbok's accuracy at goal, both for us at this stage and assuming he will be in the Bok picture for the RWC as well.

Also glad to see the organizers keep up the cheap ticket prices.

I was going to say that the Sharks still have a relatively stacked team even with the names missing but then when you look at that Leinster lineup and then the bench..

Great attendance with the 46.5k (great value with a lot of those tickets being about £2.17). Hopefully a similar result next weekend, but less likely I feel. I wonder if the record will get broken this weekend since the Aviva is also being used for Leinster.
Not a chance, Aviva only being used because Springsteen is in town!

Stormers shook off the poor form over the last two games and pitched up. Libbok did great and our loose forwards did great on breakdowns. Bulls just were never allowed to get going. Game was probably decided when Moodie didn't pass the fitness test and Goosen was shifted from flyhalf to fullback. Never really felt like the Bulls were coming back.

Jet lag and pain of economy shouldn't be an issue if the Stormers go to the final given there is a 2 week gap between semis and the final.

No chance of it this week. Upper stands are empty. There's been a lot of Aviva games recently.

Quite nervous for this should be good though, both teams look to play and condition are excellent.

Latest posts