• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Baa-Baas squad for the June tests.

P

Prestwick

And the squad to face England, Ireland and Belgium is:

Backs: I Balshaw (Gloucester), P Hewat (London Irish), T Delport (Worcester), L Vainikolo (Gloucester), G Thomas (Cardiff Blues), M Turinui (Queensland Reds), J Pretorius (Stormers), S Mapusua (London Irish), T Smith (ACT Brumbies), S <strike>Latham</strike> Larkham (unattached), G Jackson (Saracens, woo!), A Gomarsall (Harlequins), M Claassens (Bath), R Powell (Worcester).

Forwards: F Pucciarello (Munster), C Visagie (Saracens, WOO!), O le Roux (Leinster), P Collazo (Gloucester), D Crompton (Bristol), M Regan (Bristol), S Bruno (Sale Sharks), J Harrison (Ulster), K Chesney (Saracens, yipee!!), D Grewcock (Bath), R Skeate (Stormers), P Wannenburg (Blue Bulls), M Molitika (Cardiff Blues), D Croft (Queensland Reds), M Chapman (ACT Brumbies), C Newby (Otago Highlanders).

So, quite an interesting squad backs wise! Can't wait to see the game live!

Yea but the BBC have him down unattached!!! lol

Dissapointed with the pack tho!

Having Visage and Regan in the front row is awesome. The rest don't raise blood pressure though sadly...

Tyrone Smith?!

I would've thought he'd probably be involved with the Wallabies in June?

<div class='quotemain'> Larkham plays for the Richo Black Rams... [/b]
http://www.ricoh.co.jp/rugby/player/larkham.html
Apparently, and I quote, "私達の勝利を見て楽しんで下さい。" [/b][/quote]
I don't know what they translated that from, but I doubt Larkham said "please enjoy watching our victories"... just sounds weird.
I like how is hobbies and favourite foods are PS3 and Sushi lol.
Gotta say too that looking at the squad's height it's hard to see why people always say the Japanese aren't big enough to be competitive in rugby... there are a bunch of their forwards who are all Japanese that are all 190cm and over.

Its a bit rich watching the Black Rams say "please enjoy watching our victories" when they win bugger all.

Recently the Japanese have been undergoing heavy conditioning programs. Allot of their players used to be amateurs coming through the big Universities like Waseda for example so its not surprising that they're not properly conditioned for professional rugby.

However, its not uncommon to see the University teams push the TOP LEAGUE big guys around and maybe even snatch a win or two. The two biggest Japanese Universities regulary make the knock outs of the Japanese version of the EDF (paper) Cup: the Microsoft Cup.

Its a decent enough squad the problem lies though with the various amount of fitness i mean some of those players could hardly last 60 minutes let alone baa baa's style rugby

Latest posts