• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bad times for the Brits

K

King_D'Arcy

By an amazing turn of events, a British team hasn't won a 6 nations match 2 weekends in a row now. Must be a new record for the 6 nations. Could happen again next weekend if Italy pull out a performance against Wales.

Discuss

Not really. Princess Anne is of the same opinion.

I think if Scotland ever does become independent, they'll hire her to be Scottish Rugby's official very nice person.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Mar 14 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Could happen again next weekend if Italy pull out a performance against Wales.[/b]
You're assuming that Scotland won't give you a damn good thrashing next weekend ;)

Actually Ireland beat England last week. Not the Republic of Ireland. So they're half British. You could go as far as saying it was Northen ireland, because Tommy Bowe scored two of the three tries, and he's from above the border.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Mar 14 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Actually Ireland beat England last week. Not the Republic of Ireland. So they're half British. You could go as far as saying it was Northen ireland, because Tommy Bowe scored two of the three tries, and he's from above the border.[/b]

He's from Monaghan. Try again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Mar 14 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Actually Ireland beat England last week. Not the Republic of Ireland. So they're half British. You could go as far as saying it was Northen ireland, because Tommy Bowe scored two of the three tries, and he's from above the border.[/b]
I only found out the other day that Bowe was actually born in the Republic, but then moved to Northern/was schooled there

Britain's an island made up of England, Scotland and Wales.

Ireland is an island made up of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

The United Kingdom is made of Britain and Northern Ireland.

No British teams won.

Also the Duke Of Wellington was Irish, so poo poo to you good sirs.*

* I'm fully aware that that little nugget has no relevence to the debate but what are you guys going to do about it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 14 2010, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

* I'm fully aware that that little nugget has no relevence to the debate but what are you guys going to do about it?[/b]
Yeah, one of them, the other 7 weren't/aren't :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 14 2010, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

* I'm fully aware that that little nugget has no relevence to the debate but what are you guys going to do about it?[/b]

and Terry Wogan

The Duke of Wellington, Terry Wogan. Where would you lot be without us? Up **** creek without a paddle, that's where

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 14 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Mar 14 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Ah, but he grew up in Northen Ireland, even if he wasn't born there. I said from, not born.

I'm fighting a losing battle, anyway. Although the fact that England, Scotland and Wales all lost isn't really such a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

EDIT: I forgot all about Terry! I love Ireland now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Mar 14 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 14 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Mar 14 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Ah, but he grew up in Northen Ireland, even if he wasn't born there. I said from, not born.

I'm fighting a losing battle, anyway. Although the fact that England, Scotland and Wales all lost isn't really such a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

EDIT: I forgot all about Terry! I love Ireland now.
[/b][/quote]

Ah but he played football for the Monaghan Minors (u18), meaning he was playing for a club in Monaghan, meaning he was most likely living there, meaning game, set and match. :p

But he went to School (Namely, Royal School in Armagh) in NI, and the University of Ulster, which is (I presume, I'm not an expert or anything.) in Ulster.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Mar 14 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But he went to School (Namely, Royal School in Armagh) in NI, and the University of Ulster, which is (I presume, I'm not an expert or anything.) in Ulster.[/b]

You seem to be working under the false assumption that all of Ulster is in Northern Ireland. Tut Tut. Also education does not denote nationality.

This must be up there as one of the most pointless debates of the year. Oh well, roll with it.

I was born in England, but don't like to consider myself English, for obvious reasons. Maybe Tommy is a bit like me.

If you think about it closely, any debate is pointless. This one no more or no less than any other.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 14 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you are all brits

*runs away*[/b]

Thats right *****, keep running. During the 20th century we fought for our freedom, unlike your lot.

Yep I know I bit.

Latest posts