• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bakkes Botha

(By the way) I do..but i wouldnt if he was in the All Blacks

Really ... really ....

I'm debating keeping this open or not. I'll see where it goes.

My bad, I'll be honest, im board at work, fairly new to the forum game and a hideously one eyed All Black supporter.

Thanks haha. been trying to get invloved in a few posts, been un successful in most! If any one cares my name is Mark im 21 love and play footy, have spend some time in the UK playing and still playing here in NZ. so i hope know enough to contruibute to this forum.

cheers

He's the man I love how his mind wants to just inflict pain whenever necessary but sometimes he goes too far. I reckon if he found a knife on the field he'd probably use it on you if you ****** him off. A monster who has anger management problems. All this makes him brilliant, just the man you want for your Rugby team. Like markshaw I too would like him if he was playing for my team.

hard, would love to see him one on one with brad thorn .. have just learned his real name is John Phillip Botha

any one know why he goes by the name of Bakkies?

hard, would love to see him one on one with brad thorn .. have just learned his real name is John Phillip Botha

'cos it sounds a lot harder than John Phillip

"Bakkies" = "Truck" in Afrikaans. Somewhat analogous to the former NFL player William Perry who was given the nickname "The Refrigerator" or sometime just "The Fridge"

william-perry.jpg

as in....its like tackling one.

Eifion Lewis Roberts is known as Fridge at Sale Sharks, becuase he weighs more than several.

Markshaw said:
a hideously one eyed All Black supporter.
To recycle a joke from the lions tour: Have you played against Schalk Burger or something?

"Bakkies" = "Truck" in Afrikaans. Somewhat analogous to the former NFL player William Perry who was given the nickname "The Refrigerator" or sometime just "The Fridge"

william-perry.jpg

Or eat the entire contents of one...

Eifion Lewis Roberts is known as Fridge at Sale Sharks, becuase he weighs more than several.

To recycle a joke from the lions tour: Have you played against Schalk Burger or something?

too clever

william-perry.jpg

Bakkes can keep on truckin' as far as i'm concerned ... I'd rather have Matfield in my team

Actually, Bakkies, is a nick-name from the word 'Baksteen' which is a Brick.

So i guess the translation would be 'Bricky'... seems quite fitting doesn't it...

Not a fan. There are enforcers who tackle hard and work hard around the field, and then there are thugs who illegally hurt people. Bakkies falls into the second part. I wouldn't like him in the AB's at all, especially considering he has very ill discipline.

Latest posts