• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Botha ban

True, but now you can discus his contribution to the Boks squad. In the S14 he plays well among Matfield but what's the use taking him in your national team when he gets banned so often. Maybe it's time to give other guys a chance in the Boks Squad. SA has plenty of talent anyway.

He already tried to justify it saying he was provoked by the shirt pulling.
If someone pulls my shirt, on the field or off, i don't headbutt them

No, you just kick them in the groin ;)

I am saying that players should play dirty like Botha, just that every nation needs a hard nut.

Woooow there now. That is quite an amazing and silly comment. Encouraging dirty play on the field is not clever and is definitely not smart.

You can be an enforcer but not be dirty ... its all about physical presence on the pitch, the hard running into a tackle, the hard hitting tackles, the clearing from the rucks, the presence when the going gets tough ... that for me makes an enforcer not someone who goes round throwing cheap shots, gouging ... etc and looking to hurt someone quite badly and take them out of the game.

In more recent times Bradley Davies is the big presence in the second row and is Wales so called enforcer, for Ireland O'Callaghan is the boy. You can be a physical force aka Jerry Collins or be a thug Botha. It does not sit well with me someone saying that players should be dirty. You can be physical without being an enforcer.

Botha should be banned for life... he's basicly committing assault and he has a history of dirty play...
If you spit at a referee you could be banned for life but if you headbutt someone in the back of the head you get nine weeks off...

I don't know, the justice system is f***** and so is the judiciary system

great article... botha deserves to never see the rugby day of light again

bekkies the man str8 up,cowan shouldn't have held him back,9 weeks lolz piri way better then cowan anyway!!!

Woooow there now. That is quite an amazing and silly comment. Encouraging dirty play on the field is not clever and is definitely not smart.

You can be an enforcer but not be dirty ... its all about physical presence on the pitch, the hard running into a tackle, the hard hitting tackles, the clearing from the rucks, the presence when the going gets tough ... that for me makes an enforcer not someone who goes round throwing cheap shots, gouging ... etc and looking to hurt someone quite badly and take them out of the game.

In more recent times Bradley Davies is the big presence in the second row and is Wales so called enforcer, for Ireland O'Callaghan is the boy. You can be a physical force aka Jerry Collins or be a thug Botha. It does not sit well with me someone saying that players should be dirty. You can be physical without being an enforcer.

I think he left out 'not' in that sentence of his. Was a typo. It was supposed to say : I am not saying that players should play dirty like Botha, just that every nation needs a hard nut.

Makes more sense with the rest of the sentence.

I think he left out 'not' in that sentence of his. Was a typo. It was supposed to say : I am not saying that players should play dirty like Botha, just that every nation needs a hard nut.

Makes more sense with the rest of the sentence.

Woops, yes sorry there was supposed to be a NOT in that sentence. My mistake.

English please?
"Bakkie is a straight man. Cowan shouldn't have held him back (I presume this is from their time when they were a folk singing duo, and Botha wanted to go solo but Cowan wouldn't let him, thus costing him his chance at stardom). Nine weeks? Laughing Out Loud Zebra! Piri is way better than Cowan anyway"

Or something along those lines.

"Bakkie is a straight man. Cowan shouldn't have held him back (I presume this is from their time when they were a folk singing duo, and Botha wanted to go solo but Cowan wouldn't let him, thus costing him his chance at stardom). Nine weeks? Laughing Out Loud Zebra! Piri is way better than Cowan anyway"

Or something along those lines.
I'm Laughing out loud zebra right now!

He headbutted somebody, so he thoroughly deserved to be punished for it.

i think botha is just a complete SCUMBAG!!! along with the rest of the south african rugby team, they're all just a bunch of knackers!

he 100% deserves his ban and i personally think that if he gets citing for dangerous play( given his history) he should defo get at least a SIX month ban as no player has the right to commit as many indisciplines as he has already committed!

i think botha is just a complete SCUMBAG!!! along with the rest of the south african rugby team, they're all just a bunch of knackers!

he 100% deserves his ban and i personally think that if he gets citing for dangerous play( given his history) he should defo get at least a SIX month ban as no player has the right to commit as many indisciplines as he has already committed!

Well that's gonna go down as well as a fart in a lift.

well dont you know how to put foward a resonable balanced argument without overly offending anyway

Latest posts