• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath or "The masochists guide to rugby"

"Whether at Leicester or in the Premiership play-offs, Bath's collective is far greater than what once was just a sum of parts."
Bruh Bath lost to Leicester twice this season smh

And the problem with Hooper's Bath is that we were LESS than the sum of our parts

And the problem with Hooper's Bath is that we were LESS than the sum of our parts
Oh JVG has done a fantastic job

I just don't see the money all aspect at all.
JVG and tbh Hooper have set Bath up well.

If Hooper hadn't been keeping a reserve free Bath wouldn't have been able to sign the likes of Hill, Lawrence etc
It was unpredictable but Bath put themselves in the position to make the most of it.

JVG coaching on top of that and being able to add Russel to counter his weakness at Munster

As far as I can tell, these are the players we've not had any contract news on this year:
Obano, Cordwell
Dunn, Faiva
Du Toit
Richards, Roux, Stooke
Hill, Barbeary
Spencer, Carr-Smith
Russell
Lawrence, Butt

Of those, Cordwell, Roux, Carr-Smith and Butt might have been expected to have something said about them - COML squad thread has AC's last contract signed 2021; QR was last year, but IIRC was thought to be a single year; TCS was 2020 and Butt was 2021.
I think we're all assuming we're just waiting for Stooke's announcement.
Squad list also has Obano contracted until this summer; but given what a disaster "no news" would be on that, I feel safe in assuming the squad list has that wrong (it also has Favia signing a full year early - these things happen)

Latest posts