• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Batmania! (caution:may contain spoilers)

S

Sir Speedy

So There Dark Knight has been released in most countries and I'm pretty sure that most people have seen it by now. The movie has already broke a lot of records and could be on course to top ***anic as the highest grossing movie ever.
As for the movie, well, it's brilliant amirite? The cast is as close to perfect as one can get; Ledger fully deserves the praise he's receiving (although credit must go to both Oldman and Eckhart for brilliant performances in their respective roles). The story is darker and more thoroughly enjoyable than any previous Batman movie and the script compliments a superb cast very well.
So, what are your thoughts on the movie?

sfj6yxtq3.gif

I loved it, and can't stop thinking about it. Fantastic plot. Joker is a genius, and Batman is the perfect Nemesis. Absolutely loved it.

Now all we need is for Nolan to direct a Justice League movie...

Saw it on Sunday. f***ing fantastic. I too can't get it out of my head.

Thought I might have been disappointed after all of the hype, but my word, Heath Ledger was amazing. Ledgendary in fact.

I just can't stop thinking about the Joker.

I saw it and loved it. The only hole is in Bale's slightly too deep growl of some of Batman's lines. His acting was fine though.

I'm not trying to speak down to any of you guys, but I honestly hope this is finally a catalyst for more people to read some Batman comics and graphic novels. They aren't all first class, classic thriller-drama, but some are.

You know how some people go to a movie and say, "The book was better" ?

Well, in this case I'd say "With the very best stories, the book is just as good, with flashes of better".

Even the Robin stories are sometimes good. One example out of the blue? "A lonely place of dying" chronicles the events which lead to the current Robin stepping into the role.

Here's a (very short) review: http://au.comics.ign.com/articles/624/624170p1.html

What does Batman have to do with rugby? [/b]

If only RC was here he would take a massive dump on you 2 girls one cup style for saying something stupid like that.

I wanna see this movie so bad! It won't be showing here for another month though (stupid one screen cinema deciding to show two weeks of wall-e). Problem is that by then I'll have moved to Lincoln for university, and it's bound to have finished showing there, means returning to Aber for a weekend straight away to watch it!!!! Sucks!

I've added a SPOILER tag, feel free to discuss plot if you have seen it.

(not that I will be watching as I don't like Batman)

I wanna see this movie so bad! It won't be showing here for another month though (stupid one screen cinema deciding to show two weeks of wall-e). Problem is that by then I'll have moved to Lincoln for university, and it's bound to have finished showing there, means returning to Aber for a weekend straight away to watch it!!!! Sucks! [/b]

Just go to Swansea and Cardiff like any normal person would do living in Aberystwyth!

<div class='quotemain'> I wanna see this movie so bad! It won't be showing here for another month though (stupid one screen cinema deciding to show two weeks of wall-e). Problem is that by then I'll have moved to Lincoln for university, and it's bound to have finished showing there, means returning to Aber for a weekend straight away to watch it!!!! Sucks! [/b]

Just go to Swansea and Cardiff like any normal person would do living in Aberystwyth!
[/b][/quote]

I'm not driving 3 hours (1 and a half either way) to go to Swansea just to watch a film!

Or chat up that dodgy Chinese bloke in the pub.[/b]

I'm also not gonna watch some shitty cam quality copy, and if I did I wouldn't need some Chinese bloke, I got intranet!! :unsure:

This film is going to crack $1 Billion internationally. [/b]

WOW!...even with all of the piracy going on, if that is true that would be quite an accomplishment. :bravo:

I still don't see it beating ***anic though. sad.gif

[/b]

I thought it already did...
[/b]
Naw. In the U.S., ***anic has about $600,000,000, Batman has just under $400,000,000.
Worldwide ***anic has $12,000,000,000 and Batman has $550,000,000. It has a hell of a long way to go...despite it being a far better movie than ***anic....

Latest posts