• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BBC review

Nice review Jon!

Sounds exactly like what I was expecting, if only Play.com would deliver the bloody game today for me!!

Thanks Guys. I'm nowhere near as much of an expert as some on this site - but I can say it's bloody good fun. See my post on Classic Matches in the pinned section for what happened last night! It was great fun!

Thanks JonBach, though I note that you previously gave WCR 90 %, higher than Rugby 2005.

I'm not much impressed by WCR, it's OK for a few hours play with some mates but way too simplistic to have lasting appeal.

Is Rugby 2005 much better than WCR ?

Cheers

GarVanNeath, don't fear - much, much better. I was looking through rose-tinted specs when I wrote that, having been so disappointed with Rugby 2004.

Don't fear - this is the real deal and in some respects I was a little harsh on R2005. But only because I think we should really start judging the franchise alongside Fifa and Madden.

Take my word for it - it's very good fun. At the start you may find it a little frustrating as you can't simply run through and score. But of course, then you start to realise that that is exactly the point!

Sideview is best - though dropkicks are nigh on impossible in that view. And I haven't got anywhere near understanding the set back moves yet as everything seems to happen too fast.

But I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Cheers

wcr was not a good game imo, very lack lustre, i got bored with it after a week and sold it soon after because of too many annopying things, one the only way i scored my tries were by running down the line with the last man, two no forward play whatsoeveer, three instead of getting tackled 50% of the time a maul started which one very frustrated, and no matter what on hard you always lost possession in the ruck against a decent team, if all these thing weren't there it would be awesome....lol

rugby 2005 is way better, all those thing dont happen and of course it is very addictive and it just feels rigth if you know what i mean, not perfect but a very big step in the right irection that is definetly worth buying if your a rugby fan.

plus the world league is a lot better than i was expecting.

There are a couple of reviews of the XBox version I spotted today

A good one, filed by a reviewer obviously keen to expore the game:
Team X-Box

and one by a complete r***y 2**4 (I think its a snipped of the one Locksley saw a few weeks ago, but still worth a laugh just for its utter tripe!)
TotalGames.net

Thanks for the comments guys, most useful.

Sounds like Rugby 2005 is much better than WCR, which is re-assuring. I've never played Rugby 2004, but it sounds like that's just aswell from what people say about it.

Roll on the 18th March ! I was going to order it off Play.com today but will probably wait until Friday. There's a Woolworths and Gamestation in the town where I work, should hopefully by on sale Friday.

Rugby 2005 must be good if we are starting to compare to Madden. Bit suprised EA used the FIFA engine instead of the Madden engine but it still sounds good.

Jon, nice one. I think you hit the nail on the head -- very good review.

Quick question -- Is "lastability" the 'ability to come in last?'
<

Disgusting non-word.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 17 2005, 05:46 AM
Jon, nice one. I think you hit the nail on the head -- very good review.

Quick question -- Is "lastability" the 'ability to come in last?'
<

Disgusting non-word.
Thats the BBC for you. Patrons of the English language, so they are!
<

Wonder if they use the same dictionary as Colin Charvis then, with his "bouncebackability"...
<

Originally posted by bujin@Mar 17 2005, 08:57 AM
Wonder if they use the same dictionary as Colin Charvis then, with his "bouncebackability"...
<
When people say that word to me, I slap them. numertous times.

*goes off in a fit of rage*

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Mar 17 2005, 09:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 17 2005, 09:20 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-bujin
@Mar 17 2005, 08:57 AM
<
When people say that word to me, I slap them. numertous times.

*goes off in a fit of rage* [/b]
Teh Mite scores a 88% in Rageability.

Prithee, what is their bouncebackability after you slap them?

Latest posts