• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best 10 in the world cup

Alridge, Pisi or Priestland for me if Carter is not allowed. Priestland has been pretty good. His only real big mistake being the missed drop-goal that cost us the SA game. Had another excellent game today against Fiji, and will probably keep both Stephen Jones and James Hook out of the 10 shirt in the QF.

Priestland has been REALLY good, in fact the entire Welsh team has been clinical in attack, could we be seeing a potential darkhorse emerging.

My favourite moment by a #10 was Monro's drop goal from the base of a ruck vs. France, it was absolutely amazing and you could see from Monro's and Pritchards reactions afterwards that it was a spontaneous moment of class. Monro and Kotze aren't even playing professionally at the moment(Although Kotze may get snapped up by a Currie Cup side) which makes their level of play at the RWC even more amazing.

That being said my best #10 so far has to be Arlidge, he fits right into the way the Japanese want to play and had the French scared for a while.

Pisi, Arlidge and then Monro.

Monro has been great for Canada, very small player but has played bigger than his size. Was great for us all world cup.
Underrated in defense. Great tactical kicker. Has a great go for it attitude. Very happy that he decied to play for us.

Latest posts