• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Dance Anthem of All Time Nominations

Attended the Reading Uni summer ball last night (3500 drunk students partying from 8pm until 6am - best description I heard someone use was "absolute carnage", but that's not the point of this story).

Anyhow, had Zane Lowe doing a set from 1-3, and seeing as he is one of the few DJs with any actual talent who appear on mainstream Radio One, it was very good. He played a whole load of random remixes, most of which I can neither name and/or remember, with the last 30 minutes an absolute belter.

Almost felt sorry for the guy who had to immediately follow him. No idea who he was, just some random DJ, but following Zane Lowe can't be easy. However, after his first half hour I wanted to have his babies. The bloke began with Born Slippy, mixed it into Insomnia, and proceded to churn out at least 7 or 8 top tunes in a row. Just goes to show what a wonderful effect can be created by stacking dance anthems relentlessy on top of each other.

The night also reminded me of some rockier tracks which are always great to get a crowd going:

The Killers - Somebody Told Me & Mr Brightside
Feeder - Just a Day & Buck Rogers

Attended the Reading Uni summer ball last night (3500 drunk students partying from 8pm until 6am - best description I heard someone use was "absolute carnage", but that's not the point of this story).

Anyhow, had Zane Lowe doing a set from 1-3, and seeing as he is one of the few DJs with any actual talent who appear on mainstream Radio One, it was very good. He played a whole load of random remixes, most of which I can neither name and/or remember, with the last 30 minutes an absolute belter.

Almost felt sorry for the guy who had to immediately follow him. No idea who he was, just some random DJ, but following Zane Lowe can't be easy. However, after his first half hour I wanted to have his babies. The bloke began with Born Slippy, mixed it into Insomnia, and proceded to churn out at least 7 or 8 top tunes in a row. Just goes to show what a wonderful effect can be created by stacking dance anthems relentlessy on top of each other.

The night also reminded me of some rockier tracks which are always great to get a crowd going:

Feeder - Just a Day & Buck Rogers [/b]
I'm jealous...I didn't know you'd go there. I was listening to Radio 1 yesterday and they were hyping up his gig. Ahhhh. Why do I live in a country that has no appreciation for dance music? We produce dance music...but it's produced for you lot and Ibiza.

<div class='quotemain'> Attended the Reading Uni summer ball last night (3500 drunk students partying from 8pm until 6am - best description I heard someone use was "absolute carnage", but that's not the point of this story).

Feeder - Just a Day & Buck Rogers [/b]
I'm jealous...I didn't know you'd go there. I was listening to Radio 1 yesterday and they were hyping up his gig. Ahhhh. Why do I live in a country that has no appreciation for dance music? We produce dance music...but it's produced for you lot and Ibiza.
[/b][/quote]

Really? I didn't listen have to radio on at any point yesterday so obviously missed them hyping us up. Your jealousy is well founded though, it was f***ing immense.

There must be similar events somewhere in America though? What do college students do? Or are they all to into urban shite to notice anything else?

Really? I didn't listen have to radio on at any point yesterday so obviously missed them hyping us up. Your jealousy is well founded though, it was f***ing immense.

There must be similar events somewhere in America though? What do college students do? Or are they all to into urban shite to notice anything else? [/b]
Uhm...yeah. Firstly Universities rarely hold any sort of party like that. Secondly, all the clubs are mainly Hip Hop/R&B clubs...occasionally they'll mix in an older dance hit...one that was so huge it made it over here...but those are few and far between. Now, Some of the larger cities have dance scenes, but still it's a small minority of people that have a knowledge of Dance Music as a genre outside of just a night out. It's not played on the radio here, and never makes the charts like it does in the UK.
It's one of the reasons I have satelite radio and listen to Radio 1...they play it all. What you all get for free and complain about I pay close to $20 a month to listen. I also use the listen again feature on the website. There are some great DJ's...Zane Lowe, Annie Mac, Pete Tong, Dave Pierce to name a few.
Our DJ's are retarded...don't know a thing about music. Some I don't think even like music...they just play it and like to talk and act goofy.

A lot of the presenters on Radio 1 are just that - presenters. These are the ones usually on during the most listened to periods.

For example, Scott Mills came to do a set in our Students' Union during freshers week, and he was absolute pants. Got utterly destroyed by the amateur DJ who followed him.

Zane Lowe on the other hand knows his ****. His set last night was part trance/techno rave and part mosh fest. My friends and I managed to pick a spot about two rows from the front - the guy not only mixes up some great music but also knows how to work the crowd.

A lot of the presenters on Radio 1 are just that - presenters. These are the ones usually on during the most listened to periods.

For example, Scott Mills came to do a set in our Students' Union during freshers week, and he was absolute pants. Got utterly destroyed by the amateur DJ who followed him.

Zane Lowe on the other hand knows his ****. His set last night was part trance/techno rave and part mosh fest. My friends and I managed to pick a spot about two rows from the front - the guy not only mixes up some great music but also knows how to work the crowd. [/b]
To quote the man himself, "Awesome!"

Daft Punk - One More Time
Daft Punk - Digital Love - i've heard some really good mixes of this, need to get the Daft Club cd
Eric Prydz - Follow Me
Galleon (if you like Daft Punk, electropop and/or house you'll love this group) - three songs: Shining Light, Rhythm & Melody, Ghost Ship
Uniting Nations - Out of Touch - great remix by the group who i believe are from St. Helens similar to Galleon's 80s influenced style

my taste is mostly vocal electronica - and yeah O'Roth it p***ses me off that no dance except maybe Heaven gets played on the radio here it sucks plus DJs who have no clue and choose to make shitty remixes of average hip-hop flops

you usually have to make sure you go on 'dance or techno' nights during the week to hear anything good at clubs forget the weekend

Daft Punk - One More Time
Daft Punk - Digital Love - i've heard some really good mixes of this, need to get the Daft Club cd
Eric Prydz - Follow Me
Galleon (if you like Daft Punk, electropop and/or house you'll love this group) - three songs: Shining Light, Rhythm & Melody, Ghost Ship
Uniting Nations - Out of Touch - great remix by the group who i believe are from St. Helens similar to Galleon's 80s influenced style

my taste is mostly vocal electronica - and yeah O'Roth it p***ses me off that no dance except maybe Heaven gets played on the radio here it sucks plus DJs who have no clue and choose to make shitty remixes of average hip-hop flops

you usually have to make sure you go on 'dance or techno' nights during the week to hear anything good at clubs forget the weekend [/b]
Yeah, I get sick of the radio stations or clubs advertising "Dance Music" and it's shite remixes of freakin' Usher and Kelly Clarkson...That's not Dance Music!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Daft Punk - Digital Love...it's my myspace song right now.

yeah it's really ridiculous

can't wait for the next Daft Punk cd, the last one was ok nothing beats Discovery though

pfff has anyone tried Antoine Clamaran's Mix inc 4 ????? if you like house music you should really try. He mixes in ibiza all the summers.

For techno music, Carl Cox is God.

pfff has anyone tried Antoine Clamaran's Mix inc 4 ????? if you like house music you should really try. He mixes in ibiza all the summers. [/b]
He's got a killer website! I have no clue how to get his cd in the US.

wow he's good, merci ***uslechmakus

we've unearthed some good beats in this thread

<div class='quotemain'>For techno music, Carl Cox is God. [/b]

You must be joking.

Beb Fontaine, Judge Jules and even Boy George **** all over him. [/b][/quote]
What? You smoke crack, surely? Carl Cox is an Icon...I mean, so is Judge Jules, but no need to de-class him by the likes of Boy George.

Yeah...funny. It's like me replacing the "h" in your name with an "r" and calling "Ter Mite."
Simple humor, really.
Anyway, I disagree with you.

I just started listening to Radio FG out of Paris. Great stream for dance music. Check it out.
FG_DJ_RADIO.gif

this forum is surprisingly popular for a sports forum even has entertainment topics and all

Latest posts