• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best NH try EVER!

P

Prestwick

Quite possibly the best try ever done by a Northern Hemisphere player. Here Trevor Woodman shows the backs how its REALLY done. Quite possibly Northampton's finest hour as well!

Anyway, sod your Carlos Spencer-esque highly speculative and arrogant chucks between the legs disguised as "works of genius", see how it goes down with dance master Treva! :bana:

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-6tGbpJOkQ&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-6tGbpJOkQ&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

What a terrific standing start run and then step! BOD eat your heart out!

This man has class

Quite possibly the best try ever done by a Northern Hemisphere player. Here Trevor Woodman shows the backs how its REALLY done. Quite possibly Northampton's finest hour as well!

Anyway, sod your Carlos Spencer-esque highly speculative and arrogant chucks between the legs disguised as "works of genius", see how it goes down with dance master Treva! :bana:

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-6tGbpJOkQ&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-6tGbpJOkQ&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>
[/b]

An impressive try indeed but not the best and for sure not forever.

Watch his piggy little trotters do a dance before he crashes over the line and rolls in the muck.

I think he burned the ghost of Ben Cohen for pace on the outside.

Dan Richmond is rubbish so handing off him is nothing to shout about. Paul Grayson was never renound for his defending, so that isn't spectacular either.

And then Nick Beal - well let's be honest, you can't go in high on a rampaging prop and expect to come out on top. It's a shame Brucie wasn't the last man, then this video would be listed under C for Crunching Tackle.

Watch his piggy little trotters do a dance before he crashes over the line and rolls in the muck.

I think he burned the ghost of Ben Cohen for pace on the outside.
[/b]

And then Nick Beal - well let's be honest, you can't go in high on a rampaging prop and expect to come out on top. It's a shame Brucie wasn't the last man, then this video would be listed under C for Crunching Tackle.[/b]

No, I think it would be filed under S for "steamrollered on the way to the line." Nobody can beat Woodman for pace or power and it seems! I agree with Shtove, truly, a stunning example of dynamic running!

Most amazing try considering their position has to be Richard Bands try at Dunedin 03, SA prop runs from the half way line bursting through tackles and scores in the corner. Pure class :bravo:

Never seen that before - magic. It even has 'dog on the pitch'.
[/b]

That's Sean Long. He jumped on the mascot and took his head off. He tried to take the goal kick with it on but the ref stopped him. :lol:

Most amazing try considering their position has to be Richard Bands try at Dunedin 03, SA prop runs from the half way line bursting through tackles and scores in the corner. Pure class :bravo:
[/b]

Ahhh, just realised it said Northern Hemishpere. :lol:

So many to choose from ... Gareth Edwards for the Barbarians v New Zealand in 1973, Jim Calder for Scotland at Cardiff in 1982, Phillipe Saint-Andre for France at Twickenham - when was it? 1993? Maybe 1991?

And, reminding myself that Japan is also in the NH, Endo for Japan against Wales in the recent World Cup; perhaps the pick of the bunch.

I'm not a follower of Rugby League, but didn't Martin Offiah score a spectcular try in a Cup Final about 12 or so years ago?

As is the try scorer...actually, are any of the protagonists in that best-try-ever™ video still playing 1st class rugby?

Latest posts