• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Number 8 in World Rugby

Can't believe Sergio Parisse isn't featuring considering his ability to carry a poor team. I would kill to have him in the Scotland team and believe his inclusion would give us a great chance of finishing 3rd in the 6N

Vunipola for me ... far from the complete package, but what he does bring to the table has such benefit to a team, you cant leave him out.

Can't believe Sergio Parisse isn't featuring considering his ability to carry a poor team. I would kill to have him in the Scotland team and believe his inclusion would give us a great chance of finishing 3rd in the 6N

Agree he should be in the mix - suspect he suffers from lack of visibility and playing for a poor national side (and some of the natural bias).
I guess he's a little past his best now too but in his pomp, I'd say he had to be in anyone's top 5.

Lack of visibility? Parisse? - more likely the precise opposite; he' by far the best player in his country; and carries them on his back on occassion; his day is past now and not even close to the best in Europe; but his visibility means that he's still suggested for threads like this.

Lack of visibility? Parisse? - more likely the precise opposite; he' by far the best player in his country; and carries them on his back on occassion; his day is past now and not even close to the best in Europe; but his visibility means that he's still suggested for threads like this.

My point about lack of visibility is that he plays in France (how many posters watch French rugby regularly?) and Italian matches are hardly the stand out games for neutrals.
E.g. Who watches Italian AIs?
Or say you have the chance to watch two 6 Nation games of a weekend - you watch your own team (obviously) and then (assuming you have the option) you pick the next best match to watch - how often will a match involving Italy qualify on that basis?
I.e. As an Englishman I will be far more likely to see Heaslip or Faletau play than Parisse.

I'd say it's his brilliance (albeit somewhat in the past now) that means he's still discussed on threads like these.

I'd also say he's carried Italy on his back for most of his career.

Isa is an extraordinary ball carrier, but I prefer Lobbe all the time; he knows his job very well.

I reckon there's a Number 8 who's second choice for his team in club rugby in Wales that's probably the best 8 in the world..

I reckon there's a Number 8 who's second choice for his team in club rugby in Wales that's probably the best 8 in the world..

I reckon, reckoning may not be your strong point. Your probably better at unwarranted sarcasm.

Latest posts