• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best player in the game?

• Thread starter I cant think of a username
  • Start date

Who is the best player in the game? (It has to be one of the impact players because they are better

• Lawerence Dallagio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Lewsey

• Stephen Larkham

• George Smith

• George Gregan

• Schalk Burger

• Total voters
I'm using Brent Russell at Fly-Half in WL, if I kick with the scrumhalf from the ruck and chase it with Brent Russel = Instant try.

Fast and you can step any AI with him.

It depends what you wanna do because if you want a player that's got a huge kick obviously it'll be Carter, Wilkinson they can easily kick from within their own 22m to the opposition 5m.

If you want runners It's gota be Williams, Robinson or Habana personally I'd go with Robinson because he can cover fullback too and his acceleration is crazy.

Tackle breakers would be O'Driscoll and Umaga for some reason it's near impossible to tackle them from behind and most of the time they'll also break tackles when you're trying to tackle them from the front too.

Playing against actual people its Repeni Caucau or Robinson if you put him on the wing

Just don't play against the French if they've got Serge Betsen in the lineup he always injures players for some silly reason. There's alot of other players that have Superstar abilities but don't have a star but I'm sure most of you have probably figured most of them out by now.

Unfortunately on this game the speed of your player has a huge impact and things like agility, strength don't really have as much impact as they should.

If I had to pick 1 player out of the whole game to be the best it'll probably be Jason Robinson he's just so fast that most players either can't catch him or he can always nearly catch any other player.

Mccaw has to be it, running with the ball he can take it forward very quickly, his rucking is amazing and just his turnover ratio is amazing.
Best forward in the game no doubt and in my opinion, best player in the world atm.

It is blatantly Yanick Nyanga. Every tackle he makes he injures someone. The games glitch makes him the best player. I took out every key play in the England squad with him.

i know it sounds weird but whilst experimenting i put williams at scrum-half and he was very effective, simply because of his sheer pace. i think that brian o'driscoll isn't the best player in the game because he isn't as versatile as the others. i believe if he was like henson who plays at fly-half, centre and fullback then he would be the best player by a mile, because henson is very effective in all three of his trained positions.

Anyone ever noticed that if you have Dallagio in your team then cheat at the ruck, you always get the turnover and never get pinged?

Just a thought...

Also: OLD THREAD, WOAH!

so basically the best players on the game are the players that do well for you due to glitches? i.e. nyanga seems to injure anyone he touches and you don't get pinged for cheating in the ruck with dallaglio

I think it's gotta be O'Driscoll, Habana, or Robinson. All three are quick, and O'Driscoll breaks tackles like mad.

im a kiwi and pretty much hate southafrican rugby lol but i have to say on the game the most usefull to me would be percy montgomery as he is up there with the best in every aspect of the game. his speed is as high as a good winger needs to be(even tho hes not one) hes 2nd or 3rd best kicker in the game(which is handy) and he is usefull in 4 postion's which are flyhalf,inside and outside center,and fullback. he also has good tactical kicking (on the feild) and preforms big hits quite often. so thats why i say hes the most usefull. but for forwards i think that lawrence dillaligo or jerry collins are the best as they almost get through the tackle every time which is handy around the rucks and open feild.

Percy Montgomery

- Second fastest flyhalf (Ryan Kankowski being the 1st)
- Has a boot like Carter / Wilkinson / Henson
- Strong

Trust me, the best thing you can have is a fast flyhalf, it sets the tempo for the backline and you can box kick with a 9 over the forwards and just use a fast player, normally the first receiver to get it, offload and heaps of tries.

You talk about O'Driscoll getting six tries in three games, heck I run up 150+ on elite 5 minute halves every game, O'Driscoll is good but I prefer him at 9 because of his pace he snipes around the rucks, especially when someone like Jerry Collins or Lawrence still can't spell your name Dallagio sucks in a few defender.

Carlos Spencer (Don't think he should be a star player)
What!? Omg that hurts myself...I've been watching Carlos since he started and he must be a star player for ever.
My vote is for him 100% sure. I play against the lions in Elite and he is the most dangerous player in game, always doing dummy passes, making set plays and kicking to wingers...

Last edited:
Close between Robinson and BOD. This game is just about having a 10 with a big boot, and then quick centres.
Wilko is the best 10, I play BOD at 12, Robinson at 13. The best wingers are Habana and Williams. While, Latham, Monty and Henson are all good 15s.

Latest posts