• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

best team in europe

Le Stade Toulousain restera la meilleure équipe de France et d'Europe, meme si ça fait longtemps qu'ils n'ont pas gagné de ***re

What is that in English?

Do not fear! For I have translated!

The Toulouse Stage will remain the best team of France and Europe, same if that made a long time that they did not gain of ***le [/b]

Ospreys because...erm...because we're pouring money into the club?

Saracens, because..er..because..um..we have camels. [/b]

Oh sweet! You've got camels?
Can you get camel rides at half time?

Oh sweet! You've got camels?
Can you get camel rides at half time?
[/b]

Oh hell yeah! :bana:

460250538_b489ac5c73.jpg

I believe the best teams in Europe are as follows

1. Stade Toulousain

2. Leicester

3. Wasps

4. Stade Francais

5. Munster

Stade Toulousain are my #1 pick because of their on field success which has been unmatched by any other teams and they have a huge fanbase.

Leicester are 2nd because they have had great success and are a power every year in any competition they are in and there fanbase is massive and unrivaled by almost all other teams in Europe.

Wasps are my 3rd choice because like Stade Toulouse they have dominated their own domestic league and had success in Europe as well

Stade Francais are 4th because they have had almost as much success as the top 3 and they are probably one of the most popular clubs in Europe with great fan support.

Munster is 5th because they have lots of success on field with european ***les under their belt and their fanbase is huge.

at the moment i'd say stade theyre my favourites for the h cup next year defo

<div class='quotemain'> leinster, world class backline [/b]

Which also explains why they've won f*** all, ever.
[/b][/quote] Its funny cause its true :)

[Munster are] owned and run by the IRFU, so it doesn't matter by what name you call it, on the rugby side of things they are a franchise no different to the rest. It doesn't matter if there's a part of Ireland is also called Munster. [/b]
Munster are a little different to be honest. Bugger that, Munster rugby is A LOT different. Munster are an enigma in European Rugby and cant be dismissed that easily.

I dont believe there is a team in Europe that comes close to the passion that this province brings to their rugby. To say that there is a "part of Ireland called Munster" doesnt matter, kinda goes to show how little you know of Munster. Munster is all about the region. Its not a club, and it sure as hell aint a franchise. Its a provincial team goverened by the IRFU, but it is what it is because of the fans. This is a rarity in European rugby and should be treated with the respect its due. Not dismissed in a series of pedantic points.

Just look at the support base, their history, and their more recent performances. All achieved without the massive investment experienced by English and French teams.

The question was "what is the best club", but the header was "what is the best team". Are we talking results over the past 5 years, 10 years, 100 years? Are we factoring in fan base, international appeal, financial revenues? Or should we all just shout for the team already listed below our avatars?

I'm not a Munster fan but I understand what they offer sufficiently to list them in my top three of Toulouse, Leicster and Munster.

I'd say the Ospreys, partially because I support them, but also because they did win the Celtic League.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> leinster, world class backline [/b]

Which also explains why they've won f*** all, ever.
[/b][/quote] Its funny cause its true :)

[Munster are] owned and run by the IRFU, so it doesn't matter by what name you call it, on the rugby side of things they are a franchise no different to the rest. It doesn't matter if there's a part of Ireland is also called Munster. [/b]
Munster are a little different to be honest. Bugger that, Munster rugby is A LOT different. Munster are an enigma in European Rugby and cant be dismissed that easily.

I dont believe there is a team in Europe that comes close to the passion that this province brings to their rugby. To say that there is a "part of Ireland called Munster" doesnt matter, kinda goes to show how little you know of Munster. Munster is all about the region. Its not a club, and it sure as hell aint a franchise. Its a provincial team goverened by the IRFU, but it is what it is because of the fans. This is a rarity in European rugby and should be treated with the respect its due. Not dismissed in a series of pedantic points.

Just look at the support base, their history, and their more recent performances. All achieved without the massive investment experienced by English and French teams.

The question was "what is the best club", but the header was "what is the best team". Are we talking results over the past 5 years, 10 years, 100 years? Are we factoring in fan base, international appeal, financial revenues? Or should we all just shout for the team already listed below our avatars?

I'm not a Munster fan but I understand what they offer sufficiently to list them in my top three of Toulouse, Leicster and Munster.

[/b][/quote]

THEY ARE A FRANCHISE! They are owned and financed by the IRFU so they are NOT a club!

Would you call the RFU's proposed midlands franchise the greatest ever just because they'd play in Leicester? Of course you wouldn't

And the headder may have said "What is the best team", but the question was "What is the Best Club", and as it's refering to teams, the answer can only be Leicester as they are easily the most sucessful CLUB in the world.

THEY ARE A FRANCHISE! They are owned and financed by the IRFU so they are NOT a club![/b]
Okay, well we have established that they are not a club. I believe I stated as much in my post above, but continually putting the word franchise in CAPS doesnt make it true.

Munster is just the Munster Branch of the IRFU. Its governed by the IRFU because its part of the IRFU. Its not licenced to a third party, or independent businesses to do with what they want, it is still firmly a part of the IRFU. Parallels can be drawn with the likes of the Scots (maybe the Welsh?) but the Irish system is and always has been different. We didnt need to implement Franchising or adjust our club structure as an established regional system was already in place.

as it's refering to teams, the answer can only be Leicester as they are easily the most sucessful CLUB in the world. [/b]
Is it referring to Teams or Clubs? Make up your feckin mind :). If its referring to Teams (as you say) then its not so clear cut. If its referring to clubs (which its not and you are just being pedantic) why not throw the Barbarians into the equation.

Anyhoo as I said ............... pedantic :wall:

A club is the organisation, a team is the XV that plays for the club. Munster are neither the best team or the best club in the world, as they are not a self sufficent club run and funded primarilly by it's members, nor are they anywhere near the best in europe on the field either now or in the past. Happy mow?

:)

Akward twat.

Munster are neither the best team or the best club in [Europe], nor are they anywhere near the best in europe on the field either [/b]
I suppose we should just agree to dissagree on this one.
I dont think they are the best (its obvious that Lenister are), but they are certainly up there with them. If you factor in things like history, fan base etc, they would certainly be hitting above their weight. Dont forget they won the HC, were undefeated at home for years, and had two previous Semi-Final appearances in the same competition. Again, other teams have better records on the pitch, but they dont bring the total package that Munster do.

Akward twat. [/b]
I'm not even a fan of Munster. I'm just here for the arguements ;). Sorry :D

<div class='quotemain'> Munster are neither the best team or the best club in [Europe], nor are they anywhere near the best in europe on the field either [/b]
I suppose we should just agree to dissagree on this one.
I dont think they are the best (its obvious that Lenister are), but they are certainly up there with them. If you factor in things like history, fan base etc, they would certainly be hitting above their weight. Dont forget they won the HC, were undefeated at home for years, and had two previous Semi-Final appearances in the same competition. Again, other teams have better records on the pitch, but they dont bring the total package that Munster do.[/b][/quote]

If that's your arguement, Leicester tare those records to pieces in EVERY stat. And trust me, it takes a hell of a lot any Saints fan to stand up for Leicester in a debate.

If that's your arguement, Leicester tare those records to pieces in EVERY stat.[/b]
Another broad sweeping attempt to express your opinion as fact. You could come up with one set of facts, a Munster fan could come up with another, both equally twisted to get their preferred point of view across.

My arguement wasnt that Munster are better then Leicster. It never was. My arguement was that Munster are not, nor have they ever been a Franchise (as you incorrectly stated), and that they shouldnt be discounted because of that. You jumped on one post, I jumped on yours.

Latest posts