• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best teams in 7's Rugby?

But what is it about the Pacific teams that make them so good when it comes to sevens? It is like they are willing to try things on the pitch that others can't even think about.

But what is it about the Pacific teams that make them so good when it comes to sevens? It is like they are willing to try things on the pitch that others can't even think about.
[/b]

They play rugby from their own 22m. That transfers over to their 15 man game as well.

In terms of consistency, New Zealand are clearly the best, the figures show that. But in terms of pure excitement and sheer shock and awe value Fiji are clear favourites. New Zealand had Lomu, Gear and Rush. Fiji have had Serevi and Caucau.

I know this is of topic and stuf and will probably be delete or something but i cant find it any where including on their websites will the hong kong sevens be shown on setanta ireland or sky sports if not what channels

I know this is of topic and stuf and will probably be delete or something but i cant find it any where including on their websites will the hong kong sevens be shown on setanta ireland or sky sports if not what channels [/b]
If you really thought it would be deleted, why did you post it :p

But anyways, its a valid question, maybe just make your own topic next time. "Hong Kong 7's Coverage" or something like that.

I can't find any information on who is covering the tournament, but its a certainty Fox Sports over here will. I'm not sure about Setanta Ireland, but you'd think they would...the same with Sky Sports.

How about check the TV guides for those stations on the dates of the HK7s. That'll be your best bet :)

Hmmmm...now...back on topic!

<div class='quotemain'> I know this is of topic and stuf and will probably be delete or something but i cant find it any where including on their websites will the hong kong sevens be shown on setanta ireland or sky sports if not what channels [/b]
If you really thought it would be deleted, why did you post it :p

But anyways, its a valid question, maybe just make your own topic next time. "Hong Kong 7's Coverage" or something like that.

I can't find any information on who is covering the tournament, but its a certainty Fox Sports over here will. I'm not sure about Setanta Ireland, but you'd think they would...the same with Sky Sports.

How about check the TV guides for those stations on the dates of the HK7s. That'll be your best bet :)

Hmmmm...now...back on topic!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks

<div class='quotemain'>
I rate Fiji as the best for some reason I just always look at Nz being kaka don't know why.
[/b]
I agree-fiji are the all time best 7's players. They are built for it and keep on getting fresh new talent guided by the oldies. Fiji will probably always be on top.
[/b][/quote]

fiji and south africa

But what is it about the Pacific teams that make them so good when it comes to sevens? It is like they are willing to try things on the pitch that others can't even think about. [/b]

At the risk of souding racists please take into account that I am generalising :lol:

European stock are generally big and strong

African stock are generally slight and speedy

Asian stock are generally short and agile

Pacific stock are generally big, strong, agile and speedy.

So currently the world sevens is being led by the best BRAIN who can harness pacific stock. The best brain is not in the Fiji, Samoa, or Tongan team. The best brain is Gorden ***chens who uses mainly pacific stock consisting of Maori, Samoan, Tonagan and Fijian players coupled with a good budget and up to date training methods and equipment.

Gordon ***chens would have the same results if he had Fiji or Samoa (or even Tonga) for 10 years with a similar budget :eek:

So how will the rest of the world dominate the sevens scene?

European stock players need to be chosen on speed as they are already big and strong in their genes.

African players need to be chosen on strength as they already have speed in their genes.

Asian players need players as tall as Fijians as they are already agile by nature.

Or they could do what they do in NZ. Cross breeding between races to create the better alround player. Cross breeding also creates the better looking player as well :p

Anyway...hopefully the NZRFU keeps Gordon Ttitchens for as long as they can. We don't want another situation where they lose another Gatland overseas. Imagine how terrible it would be for the world sevens if Gordon and Eric went overseas to coach Fiji! :eek:

About the running/stepping ability I'm pretty sure that playing on the beach/ on a sandy surface from a young age has some effect as well.

My heart says Samoa: Finally won an IRB Series tournament in 2007 in Wellington; in the same year they went on to win the biggest of them all, Hong Kong Sevens. They might not be as fast all-round like Fiji are but they sure as hell hav got skills and power. I wouldve been saying this in all honesty around the same time last year.

However, NZ has been flawless during this whole 07/08 circuit and that shows in their 80 maximum points. Fiji have been dissapointing but Hong Kong is pretty much do or die for them, now that they've brought in some huge names in Ryder, Vunibaka, Volavola, and Roko, its sort of an no alternatives but to win situation.

I love watching any of the Pacific Islands teams play 7's. Has to be the most entertaining rugby going.

The Best team is definitely New Zealand. South Africa, Fiji and Samao recently have being the only team that ever looked like stopping New Zealand

i watched the london 7's,goodness i was disapointed with the nz team,knocked out in the q.f by england.good on samoa 4 the win.but il stick 2 samoa,fiji and nz.

Latest posts