• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Try you ever scored...

I play # 8, picked the ball off the scrum behind the 22 meter and scored. Fended the Halfback, stepped the flanker, slipped past the number eight, fended the flyhalf, and speared the inside center with my head for the try with the ball in the right hand.

Pure combo of pace, power,skills,vision, and leadership.

my first and only try so far was for my school! lol, after losing to a rival school 20-7 a week before, i played up an age group and we hammered them 65-0! simple try for me, i play second row, ruck on their 5 metre simple pick and go and drove over a few players! felt quite good as in the last meeting i missed a tackle which lead to a score this time i drove over the player who i missed for the score :)!

I play # 8, picked the ball off the scrum behind the 22 meter and scored. Fended the Halfback, stepped the flanker, slipped past the number eight, fended the flyhalf, and speared the inside center with my head for the try with the ball in the right hand.

Pure combo of pace, power,skills,vision, and leadership.
[/b]
Modesty as well, don't forget modesty. :)

what does the FMF in FMF Flying Fijians stand for?
[/b]

Fiji Rugby Unions slogan....kind of like the "All Blacks" or the "Wallabies" or the "Springboks" or the "Red Rose" or the "Maple Leafs" or the "Pumas" or the "Eagles" or the 'Rooster's" or the "Manu" or the "Clover"....ok....thats enough....

Anymore Questions ??? Brin it on !

IMO, its stupid to have sponsor's name before the teams name. like the qantas wallabies. man these guys are te pride of the nation. the national team, cream of the crop bla bla. all that pride in there.

IMO, its stupid to have sponsor's name before the teams name. like the qantas wallabies. man these guys are te pride of the nation. the national team, cream of the crop bla bla. all that pride in there.
[/b]
Welcome to Capitalism....anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? Don't be surprised sponsorship goes the way of that move eg. on everything...

[/b]

Thats How Fiji Rugby Union funds rugby in Fiji...In return....About 500,000 extra is given by the company and they'll buy all the merchandise Fiji Rugby Needs for the World Cup..

And they'll give a 15 thousand dollar bonus to every player that scores a try or does something spectacular for Fiji at World Cup

I played a game of touch rugby against the boys school team in high school. I was a real tomboy so wanted to do my best. Got the ball, managed to jink left and right out of hand's reach, beating three tacklers, and after 20 metres scored a try! Hehe, I am pretty sure too that the guys were doing their best. At least, I hope so. :p They looked pretty tired :-D

There should be assists in rugby! I have created SO many tries (seriously, 1 every 2nd match) which is not bad for a openside flanker, and can count tries i've scored on one hand.

Anyway one I did score that comes to mind.

Very messy maul (us forwards were giving them hell). The scrum-half, was a really short guy, picked up the ball and went wide of the maul (probably to conpensate for his shortness) the side where I was. Bad decision on his part since i was already tearing up their backline (my specialty was tackling... stoping-them-dead-in-their-tracks kind of tacking). Anyway, as he came wide i spotted him and was gonna do the routine "pressure on the kicker" thing, as he kicked the ball I caught it (literally 20cm or so from his foot). Don't know how I did it, but who cares! I did it! As soon as that ball was in my possession I instantly went into try scoring mode (was about on their 22 BTW). Put it under my arm and bolted straight for the fullback and ran straight over him, knees up and all and dotted it down right next to the polls. In all fairness, he was kinda their weak link. But still, great power try.

I have only ever scored 2 tries despite being a wing playing in a 3rd division team. We have this centre in our team who always hogs the ball. Both my tries were actually from fullback though.

The first one was in my first game of the season just back from a broken finger. I came on in the 2nd half. We got held up over the tryline and it should've been an attacking scrum to us but the ref said it was a 22 dropout. My team was all over the place complaining except for me. The other team kicked the ball straight to me from the dropout and I caught it. I was right by the right touchline at about the 10m mark. I ran diagonally to the left corner and ran untouched due to being a sprint champion.

The second one was from a kick-off to restart the game after we just scored. My friend, a wing, who never does anything in a game and is hopeless caught the ball. He sidestepped about 5 forwards and offloaded the ball to a big prop. the prop smashed over one player and then drew and passed to a lock. the lock drew and passed to me. I got the ball between the 10 and 22 and sprinted towards the line and put the ball under the posts. And then i went and hugged my friend.

Best try i have ever scored had a lot of importance to it also. Our team was in the County cup and in previous years we had never advanced out of the group stages as we would always be placed against tough opposition from the division above. Last year was no different and after getting through the group stage we faced opposition from the year above for the rest of our games, firstly beating our rivals wooten basset in the knockout stage, before going on to beat swanage and wareham in the quarter finals in a close match that was defence, defence, defence.

In the semi final however we faced wimborne who we had never played before, and in the warm up they looked a very good side with good half backs and pack. The match was closely contested and they scored within 10 minutes making it 7-0, we stayed in touch before the break though to be 7-6 behind.

in the second half you had the feeling the next team to score would win as we would take it in turns to be camped out in each others 22 with defence being the meal of the day. however with 20 minutes to go after a quick turnover on our side of half way and putting in a miss pass to me out on the wing. i drifted out before stepping back in on my right foot, stepping between the fly half and inside centre. now i only had me against the full back who i did for pace and i ran in under the posts to score.

This try probably wasn't the best ive ever scored but it had the most significance due to it sealing our place in the final of the cup. we went on to lose the final but i will never forget that moment as i slipped through the line and hearing the cheer of the crowd as i scored, seeing my parents and coaches on the sideline going mad before the rest of my team ran over to congratulate me :)

well, mine was quite odd considering the cirumstnaces (we got gubbed 65-14) . About 10 mins ine #10 cleared the ball. He didnt find touch and i caught it on the half way and started a counter (i was palying fullback)I just seemed to dance through their team, i basically stepped about 8 men, broke thro a tackle and emerged on their try line.

I haven't played since my school days but I do remember my third try in a hat-trick one PE lesson becasue it cost me a tooth! Apparently it was my own fault for trying to bite his boot!

As flanker I've scored some tries, mostly supporting centres and mauls, but I hope my best try is still to come :p

My best one was playin Out-half, I recieved the ball from the scrum and passed it to the outside center who gave it to the wing, i ran around and received the ball next to the wing and ran all the way, stiff arming the fullback and setting it down between the posts for a east kick for myself =]

Having played prop forward, don't really score many but i've scored one or two. Not really stereotypical prop tries either. Highlight was probably interception from own 22. And then the old hand off and then bosh bosh!! hahah. Although now i'm 4 stone lighter, and curently injured so no tries at the mo.

Okay. The season just past was far from my personal best, but I scored probably my best try in what was a season of relative lowlights. Playing flanker I moved out to the blind wing and as the flyhalf received the ball I signalled to put a kick in behind. It was perfectly placed, but I still had to do some work with the fullback near the line. The ball bounced once or twice and then began to roll and I desperately found a burst of speed catching the lazy fullback by surprise as I dived on the ball as it crossed the line. I was so pumped! And it was a match winner too.

I scored two great tries in my debut club junior season in 1997 which i am very proud of and here they are..

I was playing number 8 against this big dutch invitational team for my club, Gravesend RFC under-16's B-team. I was a very very quick sprinter and was running 100m in 12 seconds with a standing start.

I used to play in the backs as a centre or winger and also on the flanks and number 8. For this game i was selected as a back row forward which i also played when needed.

We played on the main pitch in front of a packed crowd and clubhouse with floodlights, it was a real event with all the dutch guys in their clogs.

In the first 10 minutes we was attempting to turn over a ruck about 10m from our tryline, and about 10m from the left touchline. I wasn't involved in the ruck, i was positioning to defend rather than commit to what i thought was another lost ball to this mammoth pack.

I moved in to see what was going on as it seemed the ruck was getting nowhere and the ball at that moment seemed to dribble it's way out of the ruck just prime for me pick and run. The scrum-half was buried under the ruck somewhere so there was not many options.

There was this really tempting and risky blindside channel where the winger was 'supposed' to be but he was out of position and i saw the space early.

I decided to pick and run because it is was clear in this game we was just being totally outmuscled, and we might as well just go for it and crashball as much as we could.

I took the ball and trashed the winger for pace, he was never in the footrace by the time he knew what was happening. It was clear by this time that i was hot-on for the try from absolutely nothing and the crowd went berserk sensing something our of the usual.

There was a lot of sand on this pitch and i was told after the game that clouds of sand flew up behind me as i scorched up the pitch like a try-seeking missile.. I had a quick look back and couldn't believe where i was and spontaneously slid over the line and proceeded to waddle like a duck in the mud. About 20 seconds later i was joined by a couple of teammates catching up with me as we did this duck conga thing.

For that i won Player's Player of the Year for the B-team.

Try #2 was also out of the blue. We travelled up to the then Allied Dunbar Premiership Richmond's place and got beaten up by their under-17's by 50 points. I was winger that day.

It was a really tough game but our fly-half knew i had pace on the wing and decided to put over a completely random cross-field kick just past halfway.. i went for it anyway as i thought it was wasn't making touch.

The fullback had no chance as the ball bounced hideously outr of his reach and i was there waiting to poach on the slim off chance.. i gathered and just managed to break the tackle and was in the for the try unopposed.

The play was so far back that they let me kick. I used to be a fairly useful kicker in open play but never really took conversions in training.

It showed. But i scored against Richmond :)

Latest posts