• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best_fullback's Training Blog

man I know what you mean by having a bad kicking session.. my first day [2 days ago] my succession rate picked up, i missed the first few goals and ended up socking them real well..
Oh I started on the 22m line fifteen metres in from the sideline, left of the posts[im right footed]..

Then my second day [yesterday] I started off where I finished the day before, I slotted my first two right down the middle from the same spot and then I started to miss badly... i moved to the 22m line right in front of the post and slotted three beautiful kicks so I moved to the right of the posts[bad side]... I got the first two which made me feel real good then I started missing so I moved back to the right side of the posts... but then I kept missing... i landed about 5 more and missed a ton more than I got so I just went home in a bad mood.

What I always do is the following: after my morning run session go to the rugby field and start kicking for 1 hour. After a couple of days you will see improve yourself.

yeah im aiming to do this everyday for two weeks[my team has a bye this week] and see how i improve..

Just keep it up mate. You will improve so just keep practicing because it isn't something you will just be a master at instantly. Im going to start a new training blog in the next week or two so watch this space i'll let you know how I get on!

great!!.. and just some feedback... this blog was great and a very interesting read...

awesome, my third day[yesterday].. i only kicked 6 goals, but from all different positions and i landed 5/6.. I only kicked 6 yesterday because my girlfriend came with me to the field and wanted to learn how to place kick so I had to teach and each time she got closer and closer to getting one over it was "give me another turn" and it took like 10 kicks before I got one.
But my last kick was superb, it was from 40 metres out and to the left about 8 metres and straight down the middle cleared by atleast 10 metres

it definitely helps... before I started practicing I was a good kicker, I could land goals but not as consistent and i was now.
And before I never really had a set "dance" up to the ball, now I know exactly what I do...
My accuracy has increased heaps after only three days..
Although my first two days I was at the field for 2 hours doing nothing but kicking for goal

Might start doing this work out next week. This week is all about running :)

Consistency is a must and I have to say my consistency rate increases with each day... although i missed some pretty bad shots, including a 30 metre kick right in front of the sticks.. I had an average day, slotting some pleasing goals and missing some equally frustrating ones.. But I was happy with the way I went at the end of the night [started at 4.30pm finished at 7.45pm] and went home with a smile on my face... I just want to thank best fullback again for motivating me to get out there and improve

Consistency is a must and I have to say my consistency rate increases with each day... although i missed some pretty bad shots, including a 30 metre kick right in front of the sticks.. I had an average day, slotting some pleasing goals and missing some equally frustrating ones.. But I was happy with the way I went at the end of the night [started at 4.30pm finished at 7.45pm] and went home with a smile on my face... I just want to thank best fullback again for motivating me to get out there and improve

So glad to hear you're getting on so well with your kicking Dizzy! This is exactly the reason I made this blog and by having someone like you give such a positive response to my posts makes me feel great :) Keep it up!

I know you already have a workout, but could you check out the strength and conditioning program at the SA rugby Boksmart website. It really works great.

Latest posts