• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Better AI

C

Cain

Hey guys i think i got the AI to behave better.

I noticed that sometimes some players are more prone to pass to ball when they are almost tackled than others , same goes for offloads.

So i went into the roster file with woosahs editor and i noticed that these players all have checkbox 10 and 11 ticked.

So i went and ticked those 2 boxes on the whole austrailian backline.

I was surprized that the AI seemed to perform better and i lost the match with 10 points - first time i lost a game in a few months.

Have you guys tried this? and if you guys do , just lemme know if it works with your game.

In the end , i played 2 matches against australia

Aus vs Wales --- i lost with 10 points
Aus vs SA ---- i won 15 - 10

Sorry if this was posted before.

Hey guys i think i got the AI to behave better.

I noticed that sometimes some players are more prone to pass to ball when they are almost tackled than others , same goes for offloads.

So i went into the roster file with woosahs editor and i noticed that these players all have checkbox 10 and 11 ticked.

So i went and ticked those 2 boxes on the whole austrailian backline.

I was surprized that the AI seemed to perform better and i lost the match with 10 points - first time i lost a game in a few months.

Have you guys tried this? and if you guys do , just lemme know if it works with your game.

In the end , i played 2 matches against australia

Aus vs Wales --- i lost with 10 points
Aus vs SA ---- i won 15 - 10

Sorry if this was posted before.

[/b]

Checkbox 10 and 11, but ONLY the backs, am I right?
Ok, I'm gonna try it :cheers:

Cain, I just tried it, and I really think it works, the game was more challenging and clever, and I got practically no defensive errors, and so the opposition. Maybe we should tick these checkbox for all the players

Great find! :cheers:

Cain, I just tried it, and I really think it works, the game was more challenging and clever, and I got practically no defensive errors, and so the opposition. Maybe we should tick these checkbox for all the players

[/b]

i haven't tried the whole team only the backs , i will try it with other teams and check if it works.

Lets hope it atleast increases the gameplay by 1%
surely feels like it

cheers

<div class='quotemain'> Cain, I just tried it, and I really think it works, the game was more challenging and clever, and I got practically no defensive errors, and so the opposition. Maybe we should tick these checkbox for all the players

[/b]

i haven't tried the whole team only the backs , i will try it with other teams and check if it works.

surely feels like it

cheers
[/b][/quote]

Well, like I said, only with the backs I'm pretty certain it works, both defenses cut off any breakaway ;)

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Cain, I just tried it, and I really think it works, the game was more challenging and clever, and I got practically no defensive errors, and so the opposition. Maybe we should tick these checkbox for all the players

[/b]

surely feels like it

cheers
[/b][/quote]

Well, like I said, only with the backs I'm pretty certain it works, both defenses cut off any breakaway ;)
[/b][/quote]

Yeah i just noticed that they do cutoff the brake away more. And if they brake away they pass or try and sidestep the fullback more hmmmmmmmm.

I think the problem of the gap between 13 and wing has also been slightely fixed , the outside centre and wings mark the opposition more.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Cain, I just tried it, and I really think it works, the game was more challenging and clever, and I got practically no defensive errors, and so the opposition. Maybe we should tick these checkbox for all the players

[/b]

surely feels like it

cheers
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Yeah i just noticed that they do cutoff the brake away more. And if they brake away they pass or try and sidestep the fullback more hmmmmmmmm.

I think the problem of the gap between 13 and wing has also been slightely fixed , the outside centre and wings mark the opposition more.
[/b][/quote]

I personally think you made the big discovery, finally a more clever AI, both defensively and offensively. You rock, Cain. :bana:

Lol Thanks dude , just trying to make the game more playable and real [/b]

Trust me, there's nothing more important than that (especially for a game like this one :lol: )

ok i just edited the whole australia team and heheheh G.Smith ran in for a 40 meter try.

It certainly works with the whole team -- i think checkbox 10 and 11 activates the gap defence stats and creative stats

Lol dude , i just had a brake away and about 8 players tried to cut me off and they didnt just ran behind me - they actually came agross the field.

Im soo stoked -- the game is fun once again.

Look the game is still beatable but its atleast a lil bit more challenging

ok i just edited the whole australia team and heheheh G.Smith ran in for a 40 meter try.

It certainly works with the whole team -- i think checkbox 10 and 11 activates the gap defence stats and creative stats
[/b]

Sure he wasn't Habana instead? :p

Guys - it looks great!!!!! well done for that!

So to resume - we need to checkbox 10 and 11 to all players of all teams?

Is there a fast/automatic way to do it or need to do it for every player of every team manually?

i may have a look at making a fast way of doing this tomorrow. just have a quick easy download for you guys that want it done.

i havnt done anything on the editor for a while, so this might be good.

also if someone wants to try one team with checkbox 10 and the other team with checkbox 11 and see if there is any kind of difference? maybe i can give these checkboxes names...

Hey guys i will try 2 teams tonight , one with checkbox 10 and one with checkbox 11.

Like i said , the game is still beatable but it surely does look like it makes the AI better , i had players sidestep me lastnight that never did it before.

If we can maybe find a way to reduce the comp from performing setplays then this will increase the game by 50% , cause for some reason the game engine only let players do , dummpass , sidestep etc. when a player has a brake thru or when no setplay is done.

I looked at the teams setplay but there isnt a way that you can select "nothing" for now.

I also noticed that some teams are more prone to offload than other - that is all setting based , and we just need to find that setting and apply it to every team.

The checkbox 10 and 11 does increase offloads but i dont think its enough to truly put up a challenge for advanced users.

I played a match against eng last night - i edited eng backline with checkbox 10 and 11 - and i kept the rest standard.

I played with sa , and i normally would beat em 70 -0 .

But last night the game ended in a 36-24 win for me.

I was truly impressed how the AI suddenly actually attacked my line.

Cheers

i may have a look at making a fast way of doing this tomorrow. just have a quick easy download for you guys that want it done.

i havnt done anything on the editor for a while, so this might be good.

also if someone wants to try one team with checkbox 10 and the other team with checkbox 11 and see if there is any kind of difference? maybe i can give these checkboxes names...
[/b]

Thanks a million times for this woosaah!!!! ;)

I agree, thanks woosaah, finally someone gave you the right stuff to continue modding :)

I offered help to woosaah but haven't a clue what i was looking for.

FAO Woosaah.. i have had big problems trying to run your editor for 08 as i need v2.0 of microsoft net. framework and also can't install Service Pack 2 as it damages my computer. They cant work without each other it appears.

Is there any way you can make the editor workable with SP1.. your old editor works like a dream, but i think you said the editor was made in a different coding language, therefore causing a problem i never knew existed!

I have tried loading 08 roster files onto 06 editor and it just sort of doesn't read them.

Any ideas, or am i screwed? It is possible to convert into the old language?

The reason i ask is because there are 2 roster patchers here.. me and Ozzy and now it's just Ozzy. Ciais can help, but he seems to do a different area and can't do it all.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Latest posts