• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Better AI

Ciais,

You know how a rugby player plays different positions.. a prop can't play full-back and a winger cant play lock, because they probably would not understand for a while how to change their game to suit a new position.

Certain modders on this forum have certain skills, like Woosaah with his editor, Uli/edinburgh_gunner/crstt22/EVOL with their kits/graphics, Russmonro with his faces, Faatau82 with his kit/graphic/roster, Ozzy with his roster etc. (apologies to anyone i missed..)

Your area seems to be editing text, changing screens and actually altering the gameplay with hex-editing or how ever you manage it. And you do a great job.. if we can get it all together, the game will be something like EA can't be bothered to manage.

I was simply pointing out that we all have skills, but no-one can learn it all and be able to make and do everything involved.

If Ozzy and myself stopped making roster patches, that'd leave you (i havent seen any other roster patchers) and you'd already have lots of things to do yourself besides doing every roster request.

I make kits and rosters because i like to have a nice looking and factually correct game, but at the moment i can only do that for Rugby 06.

Personally, after playing 2 games on 08 i think it is much much improved in some areas than 06.

Ciais,

You know how a rugby player plays different positions.. a prop can't play full-back and a winger cant play lock, because they probably would not understand for a while how to change their game to suit a new position.

Certain modders on this forum have certain skills, like Woosaah with his editor, Uli/edinburgh_gunner/crstt22/EVOL with their kits/graphics, Russmonro with his faces, Faatau82 with his kit/graphic/roster, Ozzy with his roster etc. (apologies to anyone i missed..)

Your area seems to be editing text, changing screens and actually altering the gameplay with hex-editing or how ever you manage it. And you do a great job.. if we can get it all together, the game will be something like EA can't be bothered to manage.

I was simply pointing out that we all have skills, but no-one can learn it all and be able to make and do everything involved.

If Ozzy and myself stopped making roster patches, that'd leave you (i havent seen any other roster patchers) and you'd already have lots of things to do yourself besides doing every roster request.

I make kits and rosters because i like to have a nice looking and factually correct game, but at the moment i can only do that for Rugby 06.

Personally, after playing 2 games on 08 i think it is much much improved in some areas than 06.

[/b]

Ok, now I understand. Sorry if I was noob, but sometimes I don't understand some english expressions (mainly because I don't want to...) :D

ahh about the roster editor on sp1... and .net thingee...

this isnt possible. i dont have my old language so i cant go backwards. and i only have sp2 to test on. what happens to your computer when this happens?

sounds a bit dodgy to me. sorry. i am working on adding the checkbox 9 10 11 to the global mod in my editor now and will let you guys know when its done.

Last time i tried installing SP2 it just crashed my hard drive and i had to recover it.

The only option i have now is to get a usb HD and try to install windows on it and then sp2, assuming that works..

Thanks anyway woosaah, i appreciate your help.

stink that sucks... maybe look at upgrading or getting a new hdd or something :)

anyway the new roster editor is ready for download, also in it i have done some french translation... but i havnt finished that but have left in it what i have done so far.

you need to change it using the global stats. i added in a checkbox 9 10 and 11 at the bottom. just check the one you want to be for every player and then click set global.

If you want to take all the checks off.... you have to do it by hand, yes i am that lazy :)

download it from the downloads centre

stink that sucks... maybe look at upgrading or getting a new hdd or something :)

anyway the new roster editor is ready for download, also in it i have done some french translation... but i havnt finished that but have left in it what i have done so far.

you need to change it using the global stats. i added in a checkbox 9 10 and 11 at the bottom. just check the one you want to be for every player and then click set global.

If you want to take all the checks off.... you have to do it by hand, yes i am that lazy :)

download it from the downloads centre
[/b]

You rock Woosaah!!! Yeyah! :cheers:

Ok a quick low down on things - checkbox 10 and 11 for em all -- like i said i think it activates the creative and gapdefence stats --- but it definately improves the AI , just make sure that gapdefence and creative stats are on 100 for the players --- oh and its for 08 only :)

CHeers

I noticed a few things.

First, I played France against Argentina (20 minutes). I stop at half time because AI wasn't that much better (46-0) ...

Then I tried NZ-France and that time, AI was quite better. More sidesteps, charges, raffuts (I don't know the word for putting an arm against the opponent), and interesting run through my defense, changing course, etc. (21-7 with a 10-minutes half)

I don't know why these two matchs were so different. But I noticed that for both, it's was quite more difficult to kick at goal, even with D. Carter. Strange :)

But great thanks for the tip ;)

if you do it for 06 it might do the same thing.

its the same download in the downlods centre, there is no point me making a new download for every version of the editor i release.

I noticed a few things.

First, I played France against Argentina (20 minutes). I stop at half time because AI wasn't that much better (46-0) ...

Then I tried NZ-France and that time, AI was quite better. More sidesteps, charges, raffuts (I don't know the word for putting an arm against the opponent), and interesting run through my defense, changing course, etc. (21-7 with a 10-minutes half)

I don't know why these two matchs were so different. But I noticed that for both, it's was quite more difficult to kick at goal, even with D. Carter. Strange :)

But great thanks for the tip ;)
[/b]

put everyones Gap Defence and Creativity up to 99 in Global edit and see if every match is then hard. Maybe Nz lpayers had more Gap Defence and Creativity than the Argentina side

not sure to be honest
Just tried it out

I was the Sprinboks v the Wallabies

37-15 the final score on my side
3 Tries by Habana off the Miss set play...with the chip kick
the rest penalties

The wallabies scored 3 tries 2 on dumb mistakes i made for not paying attention and the other was an actual nice play, then their kicker missed everything, missed almost infront of the posts

I noticed that they are more aggresive when you pin them on their in-goal...

I played on Elite by the way

Argentina 24 South Africa 24
they tied in the last play =\
but in the minute 50 to 80 they had me on my 22
I take it back
Gameplay is better

I updated my barbarians team to the roster that played the springboks and for some reason they're kinda hard to play against because they do the stupidest things like even trying to run the ball out from their own ingoal and hardly ever kick the ball which makes it alot better in a way.

I haven't tried the checkbox 10 & 11 but I'll give it a try too and see what happens hopefully it does make the gameplay alot harder it'll be cool.

Latest posts