Biarritz v Saracens

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Biarritz.png
Biarritz v Saracens
Saracens.png
</div>

Alan Gaffney makes one change to his back line with Richard Haughton coming in at full-back, replacing the injured Francisco Leonelli. In the pack Tom Ryder starts in the second row with Kris Chesney switching to the backrow with Paul Gustard dropping down to the bench.

Lagisquet has yet to name his side who will be looking for a much improved performance following their failure to pick up a winning bonus point against Viadana last Saturday.

Surprisingly enough this match won't be shown live in the UK or Ireland with Sky deciding to go with the Quins Blues match instead yet at the same time not even offering an interactive option.

Saracens: 15 Richard Haughton, 14 Rodd Penney, 13 Kevin Sorrell, 12 Andy Farrell, 11 Kameli Ratuvou, 10 Glen Jackson, 9 Neil de Kock ©, 8 Ben Skirving, 7 Richard Hill, 6 Kris Chesney, 5 Tom Ryder, 4 Hugh Vyvyan, 3 Cencus Johnston, 2 Matt Cairns, 1 Nick Lloyd.

Replacements: 16 Fabio Ongaro, 17 Tom Mercey, 18 Paul Gustard, 19 David Seymour, 20 Moses Rauluni, 21 Gordon Ross, 22 Edd Thrower

Not going to happen I'm afraid! We're bashing the Basques at the momment! Saracens 14 - BO 6!!!

And Saries... lost.

Hard game, good Saracens, very realistic. Biarritz made a lot of handling errors.

Vivyan was perforant, Jackson everywhere.

Biarritz side was quite poor, except Harinordoquy, Bidabé and, as usual, Yach'. I think Traille should retire, or at least be left on the bench.

Have to say its harder without their former genius fullback. :D

Come back Castaignede! All is forgiven! :(

We still haven't worked out how to stop letting the opposition back into the game between the 50th and 60th minutes!!!

Just saw the highlights - looked like a classic. Poor old Saracens - it would have been a mighty win, but Biarritz will just turn up and wallop them at home.

I think both sides deserved to win, even if Biarritz had more occasions to score than Saracens, who were just more efficient.

Just saw the highlights - looked like a classic. Poor old Saracens - it would have been a mighty win, but Biarritz will just turn up and wallop them at home. [/b]

It was a superb game by all accounts and Biarritz deserved the win simply by taking all their chances, it was that close.

But I disagree that BO will simply walk it at VR, Saracens are putting in some excellent perfomances and this can only get better when guys like Brent Russell and Chris Jack come on stream for the Sarries. BO might well win away to Saracens but it won't be a wallop like everyone think it will be.

<div class='quotemain'> Just saw the highlights - looked like a classic. Poor old Saracens - it would have been a mighty win, but Biarritz will just turn up and wallop them at home. [/b]

It was a superb game by all accounts and Biarritz deserved the win simply by taking all their chances, it was that close.

But I disagree that BO will simply walk it at VR, Saracens are putting in some excellent perfomances and this can only get better when guys like Brent Russell and Chris Jack come on stream for the Sarries. BO might well win away to Saracens but it won't be a wallop like everyone think it will be.
[/b][/quote]

I hope Saracens come on strong - I had my first taste of shandy in their clubhouse. But Biarritz are liable to turn up the heat when it matters.

With all due respect to BO Shtove, I think Saracens can shoot themselves in the foot by themselves :p considering that in almost every game for the last 18 months we've gone to sleep right when we're about 10 - 15 points ahead and everyone thinks we've got it in the bag and then either a) narrowly scrape a win or b ) lose to a stunning fight back, I think Biarittz have every chance of winning.

i think this pool is gonna be much closer than people expect! Sarries and BO proved they are quite close today, while Glasgow are much better than many people give them credit for. add to that Viadana, who are no mugs either, and the pool certainly aint no foregone conclusion!

Certainly would have expected this to be one of the more straightforward groups with a straight shootout between Sarries and Biarritz but not to be as Glasgow proved last week and Viadana could prove quite the spanner in the works denying teams crucial bonus points.

I am quite interested to see how Saracens do now away at Viadana (I'm going to that game!!!!) and how Viadana do away at BO. I think we knew something was up in this group when Viadana pushed BO all the way and Glasgow almost came from behind to pip Saracens!

It definietly makes the group much more interesting, no?

BO has a wondeful potential. Players produce game but everytime, a little stuff misses, such as knock on, missed-passes, etc.

When they'll find this little missing stuff, they will be a lot harder to play.

Biarritz seem to have the knack of staying in touch long enough to make something happen! Something which will stand them in good stead.

That and they have good quirks, like Betsen having headgear painted in the colours of da Basque flag, always a good selling point for individuality which sets one club apart from the other.

Biarritz were extremely dissapointing again, i am pretty sure that Saracens will take them apart at home. 15-20 pts. Glasgow might beat Biarritz at home as well, Willemse was dissapointing.

I don't think there's anything seriously wrong with Biarritz as all they need is to rebuild morale after the World Cup and a poor ending to last season.

Keep in mind that Traille is still suffering from an injury he sustained at the World Cup. Also, BO players as a whole need to get to know each other more. There are plenty of new players and everyone will have to get settled before things can truly take off.

In my honest opinion Biarritz are still one of the best in Europe right now, but it will take time before they show their true form and dominate once again.

Keep in mind that for Biarritz like for the other French clubs this HEC round was only their fourth official game of this season. The RWC has delayed a lot the start of the championship. It is not surprizing that the BO made so many errors they still need to adjust their game.

Keep in mind that for Biarritz like for the other French clubs this HEC round was only their fourth official game of this season. The RWC has delayed a lot the start of the championship. It is not surprizing that the BO made so many errors they still need to adjust their game. [/b]

Likewise with Saracens. One has a feeling that we could have been 40 - 0 up by half time and still lost the game 40 - 41. :cryy:

Latest posts