• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Big RUGBY 08 ROSTER UPDATE

O

ozzy

Well this is the new big roster update for 08. I have decided to release it now as I have reached the limit on what I can do with the tools currently available to me and it doesn't look like there will be any updates for a while that might change that. So here it is for your enjoyment and you can use it as a base which does most of the hard work for you.

Download it here:
http://www.badongo.com/file/4323144

I urge you to read the readme below before downloading the file and posting questions and comments.

****README for OzRoster Version 3.0

This update includes:

Accurate world cup squads for South Africa, Canada, USA, Tonga, Fiji, Australia, Manu Samoa, NZ, France, Wales, Scotland, Italy, Ireland and England.

Using a workaround bug in the editor I have assigned different Team ratings to some teams.

Up to date squads for the Jnr ABs and Australia A.

New fully updated NH squads:
All English, Welsh and Irish club sides have received the full update treatment!! Tolouse, Biarritz and Glasgow have all been fully updated!! Paris is 90% complete.

NH clubs that have not yet been updated:
The remaining French and Italian club sides as well as the Edinburgh Gunners(who have the crappiest website I have come across so far :p)

Heaps of tweaks to the super 14 squads (work in progress)

Multiple name fixes and proper commentary assignment for a massive number of players.

Multiple positional fixes for a large number of players.

Some editing of stats where they are so obviously wrong, but I have confined my editing primarily to the teams I know best, i.e. Manu Samoa and NZ All Blacks. Feel free to edit the stats for other players as you see fit.

Newly created players for NH clubs are based on stats provided by Fa'atau82, or on those in the 06 roster if they existed there. e.g. C.Charvis is in 06, but not in 08, so the created Charvis has stats based on the 06 stats.

Several hundred newly added or modified players.

The new players were created by overwriting players who had duplicate pseudonym names therefore no original players have been overwritten.
E.g. C.Demmonicci was overwritten, but C.Dominicci is still in the game.

I have officially exhausted all the duplicate players and after adding a few created players I concluded that until such time as there is a roster editor which can assign a real face to created players there will be no further updating of the roster.
Please do note that all created players have correct stats, heights, weights, positions etc, it's just their appearance which is horrible.

To install just extract the contents of the RAR file to your "EA SPORTSâ"¢ Rugby 08" folder located in your My documents folder.(Default location)
E.g.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mat\Mes documents\EA SPORTSâ"¢ Rugby08\OzRos.ros\OzRos.ros

Special Thanks to Fa'atau82 for his hard work on the Rugby 06 roster, without which it would be impossible for me to update many of the NH sides. He has released a comprehensive update for rugby 06 which brings it up to date for nearly all the NH teams and the current world cup squads. Check out his site for all your Rugby 06 Roster Updates!!

http://rugby06mod.moonfruit.com/

Known Issues with the RUGBY 08 ROSTER UPDATE:
-As there is not yet an editor available which can asign them a real face they have been left with the stupid "big heads" until such an editor is available. All created players have however been assigned correct stats, positions and information.
-For teams that are still under construction e.g. Paris, placeholder players have been used until the correct players can be created.
-Some teams have the wrong home stadiums assigned to them by default. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
-Created players look like total crap and cannot be modified at the moment, if you try to edit them with Woosah's roster it can cause problems when you try playing or editing those players in game. :( My recommendation - do not attempt to edit created players using woosah's roster editor, you can edit them in game if you like, but there are problems with that as well.
-J.Cudmore of Canada appears as an amorphous blob of corrupted textures. Looks freaky, but funny.

Standard Disclaimer: While the roster file has been tested without encountering any problems, I can't be held responsible for any that may occur, so use it at your own risk and remember to backup your files!!!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to making a better roster for Rugby 08.

Cheers,
Ozzy.

Rep points for you my boy!

I will release mine as soon as i can be bothered to upload it. I have had only 2 people asking so far.

I am making some kits to go with this roster update.

There arent many non-licensed teams to do.. but the fiji and tonga kits are out of my league right now, so i have made alternative fantasy kits that will look just as good.

It seems good but there's a problem with world League.

I have good player with good names when i want to play european cup or other.

But when i start a world league i have not real names (for french club for example like domenacci for paris)

What isn't good.

Is there a manip to do for export in world league ?

Thks for all

I am making some kits to go with this roster update.

There arent many non-licensed teams to do.. but the fiji and tonga kits are out of my league right now, so i have made alternative fantasy kits that will look just as good.
[/b]

I don't know if this is asking too much but would it be possible to create Bath kits with sponsors - correct sponsors. It's not like there sponsored by an alcoholic beverage company anymore.

Known Issues with the RUGBY 08 ROSTER UPDATE:
-As there is not yet an editor available which can asign them a real face they have been left with the stupid "big heads" until such an editor is available. All created players have however been assigned correct stats, positions and information.
-For teams that are still under construction e.g. Paris, placeholder players have been used until the correct players can be created.
-Some teams have the wrong home stadiums assigned to them by default. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
-Created players look like total crap and cannot be modified at the moment, if you try to edit them with Woosah's roster it can cause problems when you try playing or editing those players in game. :( My recommendation - do not attempt to edit created players using woosah's roster editor, you can edit them in game if you like, but there are problems with that as well.
-J.Cudmore of Canada appears as an amorphous blob of corrupted textures. Looks freaky, but funny.

[/b]

so will you finish paris then as you said no update ...? i need to have a correct roster before modifying players stats as i think french players are under rated and deserve stars (ibanez instead of nyanga and chabal :) )

btw could be interesting to replace a crap french team like castre by toulon, french pro D2 as they recruited so much big players, like george gregan, anton oliver, victor matfield and andrew merthens and are trained by tana umaga ...

@anthonynail- you just need to use woosah's rugasmic roster editor to create a .rdf file which you put in your main rugby08 directory and your world league and challenge mode will change to reflect the updated roster.
To create the .rdf file simply open my roster in woosah's roster editor and then click the "Set Default" button which will generate the .rdf file for you.

@substitute- unfortunately I don't have a clue when it comes to kit modding you'll have to put in a request to one of our kit modders on the forums. csrtt, edinburgh gunner and fa'atau are all good at modding kits, but they tend to do kits for welsh, scot and P.I teams respectively.

@***us- what I meant was that I CANNOT make further updates not that I don't WANT TO make them. There is a limitation with the roster editor at the moment and until/if it is sorted out I can't make any further updates. I will of course continue to tweak and modify the roster to my liking and if there comes a time when there are sufficient updates made to it, I will release another update.

@***us- what I meant was that I CANNOT make further updates not that I don't WANT TO make them. There is a limitation with the roster editor at the moment and until/if it is sorted out I can't make any further updates. I will of course continue to tweak and modify the roster to my liking and if there comes a time when there are sufficient updates made to it, I will release another update. [/b]

ok thanks for your work :cheers: :)

Ok but try to do it without overwriting any existing players, or using created players that's the real trick and why it is so difficult. I'm sure there are a few more duplicates out there if you look really really hard, but I was pretty thorough in getting most of them. Good luck.

What about retired players, Ozzy? There were a few in my 06 that i ook out and edited. Most of them french.

Oh yeah go ahead and overwrite any retired players, but make sure not to overwrite southern hemisphere players who were in this years super 14 like Tana, D. Witcombe etc. as next years super 14 squads have yet to be announced. Thanks for the reminder Fa'atau.

is there any way to take some parts of this roster and add them to my personal customised one? Ive edited nearly all of the stats, but hav very little knowedge of some of the teams like Tonga, Jnr All Blacks etc

You can't take parts and insert into other roster files.

If you need any info on these players, you can get it all from my roster patch for RUGBY 06 which is available now, or get ozzy's 08 roster.

Oh yeah go ahead and overwrite any retired players, but make sure not to overwrite southern hemisphere players who were in this years super 14 like Tana, D. Witcombe etc. as next years super 14 squads have yet to be announced. Thanks for the reminder Fa'atau. [/b]

i have overwritten tana as he won't play any more. he signed for toulon (french pro D2) as coach. the only thing i do is changing star players by switching players faces stats and everything.

nyanga -> jauzion

henson -> chabal

spencer -> ibanez

umaga -> hernandez

i have also increased a bit french players (not all but the main ones) 'cause i found them a bit underrated. i aslo found a way to change paris team. i will use castre players (or a crap team like that) to replace the players you couldn't add to paris.

Latest posts