• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Big RUGBY 08 ROSTER UPDATE

cricky, thats what i have been looking for for ages, someone other than me to find out what all those extra things are.

does anyone want me to update my editor for that?

i have a long weekend this weekend so i may get around to doing it at some point. [/b]

If you can and want do it, it'll be very very appreciated, it'll save me a lot of time instead of hex-editing everytime :)

I got some other things I'd like you to add, like the tapes/gloves/socks attributes I listed in your thread, and how to assign the remaining 2 boots (the boots are 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, so the 2 extra boots are 08, 09, I checked it)

Thanks in advance ;)

PS: If you need to contact me for anything, my MSN address is in my profile

please can someone post this on a decent filesharing service like rapidshare or filefront. thanks.

Argentina is not updated (rating 80? wales 84?haha, Ireland 90 ??? yes, thats very reallistic :rolleyes: )...
the following players dont have the correct ratings: Leguizamon, Juan Fernandez Lobbe, Roncero, Ledesma, ALBACETE, and many of other argentinian players....The mods made a great work, but they dont make Argentina as thery are...Pumas have one of the best ruck, maul and defense in the world...see the videos of RWC 07...
Do you really think CHABAL has 99 rating?please, thats a joke.... :ranting:

Anyway, Thankz for all the great work...

pd: sorry for mi poor english

Argentina is not updated (rating 80? wales 84?haha, Ireland 90 ??? yes, thats very reallistic :rolleyes: )...
the following players dont have the correct ratings: Leguizamon, Juan Fernandez Lobbe, Roncero, Ledesma, ALBACETE, and many of other argentinian players....The mods made a great work, but they dont make Argentina as thery are...Pumas have one of the best ruck, maul and defense in the world...see the videos of RWC 07...
Do you really think CHABAL has 99 rating?please, thats a joke.... :ranting:

Anyway, Thankz for all the great work...

pd: sorry for mi poor english
[/b]

I totally agree with you. We argentinians seem to be always forgotten lol
Yeah, and Chabal is "a bit" overrated, just like Gavin Henson.
I beleive Argentina deserves a rating of at least 86 or 87
wales also deserves a better rating
but thanks for the mods!

holy sh***....how come I never heard of this patch or update or whatever!!

lol...i was disappointed when i first saw the default roster
now my interest for the game is back to and above that of when i first bought it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ozzy @ Sep 11 2007, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well this is the new big roster update for 08. I have decided to release it now as I have reached the limit on what I can do with the tools currently available to me and it doesn't look like there will be any updates for a while that might change that. So here it is for your enjoyment and you can use it as a base which does most of the hard work for you.

Download it here:
http://www.badongo.com/file/4323144

I urge you to read the readme below before downloading the file and posting questions and comments.

****README for OzRoster Version 3.0

This update includes:

Accurate world cup squads for South Africa, Canada, USA, Tonga, Fiji, Australia, Manu Samoa, NZ, France, Wales, Scotland, Italy, Ireland and England.

Using a workaround bug in the editor I have assigned different Team ratings to some teams.

Up to date squads for the Jnr ABs and Australia A.

New fully updated NH squads:
All English, Welsh and Irish club sides have received the full update treatment!! Tolouse, Biarritz and Glasgow have all been fully updated!! Paris is 90% complete.

NH clubs that have not yet been updated:
The remaining French and Italian club sides as well as the Edinburgh Gunners(who have the crappiest website I have come across so far :p)

Heaps of tweaks to the super 14 squads (work in progress)

Multiple name fixes and proper commentary assignment for a massive number of players.

Multiple positional fixes for a large number of players.

Some editing of stats where they are so obviously wrong, but I have confined my editing primarily to the teams I know best, i.e. Manu Samoa and NZ All Blacks. Feel free to edit the stats for other players as you see fit.

Newly created players for NH clubs are based on stats provided by Fa'atau82, or on those in the 06 roster if they existed there. e.g. C.Charvis is in 06, but not in 08, so the created Charvis has stats based on the 06 stats.

Several hundred newly added or modified players.

The new players were created by overwriting players who had duplicate pseudonym names therefore no original players have been overwritten.
E.g. C.Demmonicci was overwritten, but C.Dominicci is still in the game.

I have officially exhausted all the duplicate players and after adding a few created players I concluded that until such time as there is a roster editor which can assign a real face to created players there will be no further updating of the roster.
Please do note that all created players have correct stats, heights, weights, positions etc, it's just their appearance which is horrible.

To install just extract the contents of the RAR file to your "EA SPORTSâ"¢ Rugby 08" folder located in your My documents folder.(Default location)
E.g.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mat\Mes documents\EA SPORTSâ"¢ Rugby08\OzRos.ros\OzRos.ros

Special Thanks to Fa'atau82 for his hard work on the Rugby 06 roster, without which it would be impossible for me to update many of the NH sides. He has released a comprehensive update for rugby 06 which brings it up to date for nearly all the NH teams and the current world cup squads. Check out his site for all your Rugby 06 Roster Updates!!

http://rugby06mod.moonfruit.com/

Known Issues with the RUGBY 08 ROSTER UPDATE:
-As there is not yet an editor available which can asign them a real face they have been left with the stupid "big heads" until such an editor is available. All created players have however been assigned correct stats, positions and information.
-For teams that are still under construction e.g. Paris, placeholder players have been used until the correct players can be created.
-Some teams have the wrong home stadiums assigned to them by default. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
-Created players look like total crap and cannot be modified at the moment, if you try to edit them with Woosah's roster it can cause problems when you try playing or editing those players in game. :( My recommendation - do not attempt to edit created players using woosah's roster editor, you can edit them in game if you like, but there are problems with that as well.
-J.Cudmore of Canada appears as an amorphous blob of corrupted textures. Looks freaky, but funny.

Standard Disclaimer: While the roster file has been tested without encountering any problems, I can't be held responsible for any that may occur, so use it at your own risk and remember to backup your files!!!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to making a better roster for Rugby 08.

Cheers,
Ozzy.[/b]

Hey Guys I'm pretty new to this but can anyone email me this mod cause with China's stupid laws I can't access the link... they're screwing with my rugby, that's not a wise thing to do to an afrikaaner!
[email protected]

rugby league 2 is a lot easyer to work with but the modz on rugby 08 are way better :bravo:

Uhm sorry but i cant download it, the link says:

"This file has been deleted because it has been inactive for over 30 days"

If you could fix this it would be much appreciated!

Greetings

I see this was posted a few years ago, however I am playing and enjoying Rugby 08 now. COuld you please email me this update if you ever get this? As the file has been removed from the site. Its: [email protected]
Thanks!

i prefer the blues and crusaders 09 kits....anybody know where i can get them?

hey this might sound like a stupid question but when editing the rosters, how many star players are you allowed per team, I am sure it is 5?

Can someone please email me the file at [email protected], cause when I go to bodongo it says:"This file has been deleted because it has been inactive for over 30 days ", so I cant download it.
Thx!!!!

Latest posts