• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Big RUGBY 08 ROSTER UPDATE

Has anyone had the problem with the game crashing when changing the graphics and then fixed it? If so how did you do it?

Yeah, I have it every time I play. It is making me pig sick. To the point I can;t even play the game anymore!

Please, if anyone has sorted it. Advise me please!

Otherwise I'll never release my Roster Updates!

BM

Please keep to the topic. Use the threads in the main ea rugby section for technical issues. Cheers.

I don't know why, but Badongo doesn't work for my download. When I click on the 'download your file here' link, all that happens is my browser opens an empty page, with no dl.

any ideas?

Greak work ozzy for the latest update ! (good job for Perpignan)
Can you change in the next update the NAULU face : -24519, J.GRANCLAUDE : 23146 & skintone light, and D.MARTY : -24507 (perpignan Players).
Thank you :cheers:

Ozzy, there's a problem with the Ulster team (if this has been fixed already, I apologise). I thought it was a kits issue, which I took up with Edinburgh Gunner, but I was wrong.

It occurs when I try to use Ulster in a match - the choose venue screen comes up then the game tries to load the teams pre-kickoff, but then a microsoft "send" "don't send" error comes up and throws me back to windows.

Would you have a solution, please????

I have also has this problem since I installed the last roster update. When playing at Suva.

Is there any chance of making English players' updates?

Players like Dan-Ward Smith, Nick Easter, Danny Cipriani don't get the deserved ratings!

Although i musn't complain about Shane Geraghty :D

Just a few things..

I now have Rugby 08. This means that i can edit rosters, although i need the latest woosaah editor fully functional before like ozzy mentions, the faces and appearance can be fixed to look their best.

Hello all sorry I have been away for so long, real life got pretty hectic, ok to try and answer some of your questions, if Ulster is crashing the game it is most likely due to a created player having had a real face assigned to them. To fix this go into the ulster roster and scroll through the players till you find the one with a silhouette, then check that players face ID using Woosah's roster editor and asign a unique number to it. That should fix things. I thought I had checked on all these problems previously and I'm pretty sure I had fixed all these problems, but if it still crashes after you try this then I'm afraid I don't know how to help you.
Evol the team ratings changes were done using a bugged version of Woosah's roster editor. Basically it overwrote a team's rating with another teams. To do this you just had to go to team editing, make some superficial change like move them up or down a position then press save, then change the team to the one you wanted to asign the new team rating to and repeat superficial change. Then after pressing save, the 2nd team would have the rating of the first team. Pretty crap workaround, but as far as I know it was the only one available at the time. I did my best with the ratings I knew needed changing like the sharks.

Hello all sorry I have been away for so long, real life got pretty hectic, ok to try and answer some of your questions, if Ulster is crashing the game it is most likely due to a created player having had a real face assigned to them. To fix this go into the ulster roster and scroll through the players till you find the one with a silhouette, then check that players face ID using Woosah's roster editor and asign a unique number to it. That should fix things. I thought I had checked on all these problems previously and I'm pretty sure I had fixed all these problems, but if it still crashes after you try this then I'm afraid I don't know how to help you.
Evol the team ratings changes were done using a bugged version of Woosah's roster editor. Basically it overwrote a team's rating with another teams. To do this you just had to go to team editing, make some superficial change like move them up or down a position then press save, then change the team to the one you wanted to asign the new team rating to and repeat superficial change. Then after pressing save, the 2nd team would have the rating of the first team. Pretty crap workaround, but as far as I know it was the only one available at the time. I did my best with the ratings I knew needed changing like the sharks.
[/b]

Great ozzy, thanks!
Since I'm making the roster now, can I ask for your help when I need it? :)

I am really surprised to find Lionel Beauxis, Fly half from Stade Francais, in Calvisano team. It would be better to change with Roland De Marigny, who is in Italy team.
Could you change it in the last update? Tx.

Sorry Ciais I'm pretty much busy all the time now and internet is really crap here so I probably won't even be around for months at a time. Feel free to leave a message if you want something but the reply will likely be a long time coming. :(

Sorry Ciais I'm pretty much busy all the time now and internet is really crap here so I probably won't even be around for months at a time. Feel free to leave a message if you want something but the reply will likely be a long time coming. :( [/b]

Don't worry, ozzy, it's okay :)

I'm at a good point in updating your roster, even if I replaced the Super 14 teams for our patch, hope you don't mind. I've done Representative (+ British Lions & NZ Maori), English (+ Leeds Carnegie), French (all Top 14 + Toulon), Irish teams, and I'm doing the Italians (+ Petrarca, Parma & Viadana) right now

I managed to correct the Ulster (it was Del Fava) and J.Cudmore problems by hex-editing, and edit team ratings and performances code for the tournaments, plus the home stadiums assignments, and to assign the remaining 2 extra boots, thanks to Uli85

If I need anything, I'll let you know, and don't worry for when you'll answer me, it's not a problem at all, you all have a life here (except me, for the moment being :p ) ;)

In the team editor, there's a box in the top with lots of numbers, here's what they do:

TEAM ID
CAPTAIN
VICE CAPTAIN
LONG GOAL KICKER
SHORT GOAL KICKER
LONG PUNTER
SHORT PUNTER
KICKOFF TAKER
ATTACKING / DEFENDING
SCRUMMAGING / LINEOUTS
LOOSE / KICKING
TECHNIQUE / STAMINA
FLAIR / OVERALL
PERFORMANCE IN TOURNAMENTS
HOME STADIUM ID
[/b]

To change the team overall rating, you just have to convert the number for FLAIR / OVERALL to hexadecimal, and you'll have something like 4E 51.
In the roster, these 2 numbers are inverted, and this for every other team number. I mean, the first number (4E) refers to OVERALL and the second (51) to FLAIR
So, to change the overall team rating, you have to change this first number in the roster with an hex editor (i suggest you looking for BOTH TECHNIQUE / STAMINA and FLAIR / OVERALL at least to be sure you are editing the right team, of course you have to convert to hexadecimal that too, hope I made myself clear). Here's the table for the team ratings:
91 = 5B
90 = 5A
89 = 59
88 = 58
87 = 57
86 = 56
85 = 55
84 = 54
83 = 53
82 = 52
81 = 51
80 = 50
79 = 4F
78 = 4E
77 = 4D
76 = 4C
75 = 4B
74 = 4A
73 = 49
72 = 48
71 = 47
70 = 46
69 = 45
68 = 44
67 = 43
66 = 42
65 = 41
64 = 40
63 = 3F
62 = 3E
61 = 3D
60 = 3C
59 = 3B
58 = 3A
57 = 39
[/b]
The team rating in decimal is on the left, the corresponding number in hexadecimal you have to replace is on the right

For PERFORMANCE IN TOURNAMENTS, is a bit more complicated.
There are only a few numbers, 256, 512, 768, 1024, 1280. The lower the number, the stronger the team. So, if a team has 256, it'll very very likely win the tournament, while if it has 1280 it will lose every game.
Of course, everything in the game it's just random, but these numbers give the game a base for a team's behaviour
Again, you have to convert the number in hexadecimal and replace it, ALWAYS by inverting the 2 hex numbers (e.g., 256 converts to 01 00, so you have to replace it 00 01)

For HOME STADIUM ID it's simple, because the number there corresponds to the stadium ID (index) of the home stadium found in 119ba3f37fe7a31c2b2ee45ceeafa091.xml
So, Argentina has 43 because in the xml Buenos Aires stadium has stadium index 43. If you want to change it, you have to do like the other things I told, convert the number to hexadecimal and replace it by inverting the 2 hex numbers

Hope I made myself clear with this, if something is not clear, please let me know :)

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

It's not my fault, it's EA's fault, if it's so difficult to modify such an easy stuff :angry:

cricky, thats what i have been looking for for ages, someone other than me to find out what all those extra things are.

does anyone want me to update my editor for that?

i have a long weekend this weekend so i may get around to doing it at some point.

Latest posts