• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Big RUGBY 08 ROSTER UPDATE

Hello ***uslechmakus :)

I was meaning that the names are all wrong for Edinburgh in the World League, it dosen't use the new roster for Edinburgh like all the other game modes.

if you use my editor and click "save to default" it will change all the world league names

Ok woosaah, thanks for you help, if you guide me through it it would be appreciated. What do I do now to make Edinburgh's roster up to date in the World League? In other game modes the roster is correct, but for World League it still has Patson, Di Rillo, Murrav and other fake copies of players on an out of date roster.

I have installed your editor (very good by the way mate) and I load up the OzRos.ros roster. What comes next?

Ok here's the new rugby 08 Roster Update, I sat on it for a while hoping to do some further changes, but am totally unmotivated right now so I'm releasing it as is.

Grab it here:

http://www.badongo.com/file/4660546

Here's a quick rundown on what's new:

Basically all the French teams bar 1 (I think it's Clermont or Castres) have been done. A big thanks to ***uslechmakus for doing them. He has also updated the stats for the French international side, so if you have any questions about them he is the guy to talk to.

Also new is the American team being given more correct positions for its players who were totally out of whack in the last update. Their star wing Ngwenya has also received a stats boost and made to look a little more like himself.

All the real faces that have been found so far have been asigned to the respective players in this version. For more real faces go and check out the face thread on therugbyforums.

Created players now have different faces rather than generic ones and can also be viewed and edited using the games ingame editor.

Toeava and Umaga have been swapped back around as it was annoying some people.

Heaps of other small tweaks.

Finally I have included the "73cb47d1d69c90f28fd1cc4186ac1926.rdf" file. Place the file in the main rugby directory where you installed the game to e.g. C:\Program Files\Rugby 08\
this file will make World League and the World Cup challenge modes use the updated roster file. You can output your own .rdf file using Woosah's editor, but I have had a few people who weren't aware of how to do this, so I included it anyway for ease of use.

Enjoy and as always if you're confused about something that's what the forums are all about.

Cheers,
Ozzy.

Great work mate, has this roster been treated of orange head syndrome to P.Hola, V.Clerc, R.McCaw, G.Smith? :D if not dont worry ill do it myself :locked: :D

Seems like the red hair issue and red head gear issue only pop up for some people and not for others. I don't know if it's a graphics card issue or whether some people just have a different config that triggers it. Someone was saying that you can use woosah's editor to fix it. All I know is that for most people they don't experience this issue and I have no idea how to fix it nor can I find out how as it doesn't happen on my machine.

Seems like the red hair issue and red head gear issue only pop up for some people and not for others. I don't know if it's a graphics card issue or whether some people just have a different config that triggers it. Someone was saying that you can use woosah's editor to fix it. All I know is that for most people they don't experience this issue and I have no idea how to fix it nor can I find out how as it doesn't happen on my machine.
[/b]

You're right Ozzy. I've got the color heads problem. But I changed the graphics on the system seetings configuration to High and it works ok. I have an old GeForce 5200 :wall: but without detailed high shadows works good.

ozzy, I'm doing a massive update to the world cup sides, and I'm putting everything in a txt file. I'm updating the squads (with latest injuries), the lineups, and the kickers, based on data and stats from the world cup site. I put on the starting XV the players who started most of the matches or the last ones, i.e. Dan Carter over Nick Evans or Thorne over Chris Jack, and so on.
I can send it to you when I finish it, if you want :)

Everytime I click graphics options or whatever it is my game crashes. Pretty gay.

Right now I've done Australia, Canada, Fiji, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Samoa, Scotland, Tonga, USA and Wales, and I'm doing Georgia as I speak. I'm gonna finish with all the 20 squads today, if nothing happens to me.
But this is NOT a roster file, it's just a txt spreadsheet, that's why I'd like to send it to ozzy, if he considers me worth of it

Right now I've done Australia, Canada, Fiji, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Samoa, Scotland, Tonga, USA and Wales, and I'm doing Georgia as I speak. I'm gonna finish with all the 20 squads today, if nothing happens to me.
But this is NOT a roster file, it's just a txt spreadsheet, that's why I'd like to send it to ozzy, if he considers me worth of it
[/b]

Out of interest, who do you have as star players, mate?

The star players are the ones from ozzy's roster. I didn't make ratings, it's more correct to say I did a depth chart, here's an example:

ITALY

1 - S. Perugini
2 - C. Festuccia
3 - M. Castrogiovanni
4 - S. Dellape'
5 - M. Bortolami [C]
6 - J. Sole
7 - Ma. Bergamasco
8 - S. Parisse
9 - A. Troncon [VC]
10 - R. Pez
11 - A. Masi
12 - Mi. Bergamasco
13 - G. Canale
14 - K. Robertson
15 - D. Bortolussi
--------------------
16 - F. Ongaro
17 - A. Lo Cicero
18 - V. Bernabo'
19 - M. Vosawai
20 - P. Griffen
21 - R. de Marigny
22 - E. Galon
--------------------
R - C. Del Fava
R - L. Ghiraldini
R - M. Pratichetti
R - P. Canavosio
R - M. Aguero
R - S. Orlando
R - M. Stanojevic
R - R. Mandelli

LGK - D. Bortolussi
SGK - D. Bortolussi
LP - D. Bortolussi
SP - D. Bortolussi
KT - R. Pez[/b]

I'm a perfect dumb in doing rosters, calculate correct ratings, appearances... So this is the best I can do :(
And like I said before, it's just a txt file, I didn't modify the roster file, even because teams like Portugal or Romania don't have their real players

Hi, I was wondering what sort of faces had been changed. I went on the thread were someone had all the numbers for faces, so I was just inquistive on which had been done.

Such as Betsen etc...?

BM

I have a bit of an issue with the roster, it seems player portraits have been messed up a bit.

The base roster doesn't help, this game is unbelieveably bad. They had more time between this and 06, 06 had a year and that was a hell of a better game for the time.

BM

Latest posts