• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Big Tournament tomorrow night :-)

T

TheBokke

EA Rugby 2006 Tournament yyyyeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaa. I have organised it with my rugby club and there will be 20 guys 2 big screens and 2 playstations cannot wait at last my hunger will be satisfied.

Played to mates last week and was a little disappointed as I crushed the both of them.

Hopefully some of the guys will be good as they have been talking a good game.
Will tell you about the tournament and how it went on Thursday.

Sweet hope it goes well :D Is it a knockout comp or just a chance for all you guys to play different people? I'm sure some pics/footage would be appreciated if possible as we are endeavouring to do with or comp in roughly 7 weeks...

Will try guys but not that technical man. really wish i could. I am so happy to be actually playing in a tournament. Will try and report from the Quarters onwards.

You guys are lucky to be meeting up for the NZ comp will be awesome.

Just got news we are going to have 3 PS2 up and running and 3 big screens sweet.

Sorry guys no camera to record the tournament but what a cool night. The unfortunate thing was is that the level of the players varied from clueless to medium in player ability. There was only myself and our fullback who could really kill it. It was great finding a player who could rip it up as well.

We had 2 big screens projectors on 2 walls so the picture was massive and crystal clear :D . The whole tounament up until the final is not really worth talking about as myself and my mate Mario cruised it all the way. We both won our quarters and semis by some way, with plenty of juice still to spare( quarters had a good game against our center but was still not really tested).

The final was awesome and realluy tight until the end. 10 MINS halves and it was England(mario) vs NZ(me) end to end stuff man it was tough!! have never played some one who tested me before so we started and i racked up 2 tries and then he came back and put 2 on me and then some :eek: so I am starting to feel the heat as the crowd is going off and he is starting to bait and wind me up, so i do the usual go into my shell and really focus. Just before the half he is about 14 points up on me and I am finding it hard to retain ball and he is using the blind side to devestating effect.

Start to work it out the blind side defence and defend it alot better as well as restarts were we are both killing each other. I make the sub on come Weepu for Kelleher and Mcallister for Mauger who was really ineffective. BAAM Weepu starts killing it and McAllister scores to tries before the half and we are pretty even in score going in( can`t remember exact score at half time).

2nd half starts pretty much the same as the first but now I am starting to really turn on the gas and he is feeling the heat Mcallister is killing it!! Another 2 tries the man was awesome. So it is coming to the the last 15mins which feels like an age if you are used to 5 mins halves. That is when I start to remember Mccaw or robbie deans talking about the last 10 min being the championship minutes and I really start to turn on the juice and play crisp attacking ruggers and really start to defend well so he starts to feel the heat.

Last 15mins and the score is 61-56 so it was still all to play for and that is when i score another great try to make it 68-56 and really start to let loose, we went into the last 5 mins and I noticed next to me the pressure was to much he started to shake his head and thats when I knew I had him in the bag ;) and we go into the last 2 mins I turn over the ball over and my mates are saying just kick it out when the hooter goes and you got it but I was now playing without any pressure and to put the cherry on the cake with a try on the hooter :D man i was happy and jumped up in the air woooohhhhoooo man it felt good. Dam what a final loads of tries and tense all the way. Final score 75(NZ) :bana: - 56 England(Mario)

You boys are really going to love your tournament in NZ with all the TRF guys but a couple of things you guys that have not played human players before are going to find it a bit tough as it will be end to end stuff and no let up as when you are palying one tiny mistake and its a try!!!! Don`t try and rush up use the drift defence without commitiong to to many tackles as you will get trashed. Don`t try and always force the tackle as you will be chocking on the other players exhausts fumes as you see him running in under the posts.

Hundreds of tricks in the books but i am sure you know them all. If GG is good and he says he plays multi-player all the time my money is on him unless some of you play multi-player against good players alot.

So my word of advice before the Tournament find other human players that are good sharpish or u will be eating humble pie at the end and your name will be shamed by the other guys in this Forum!!!!

Bring on EA Rugby 2007 online only then will there be a TRF Champ once and for all.............. we can only dream :D

Over and out B)

A Poem by Dumbo.
Got given an XBOX 360, what ever...
Bought Rugby 06, what ever...
Sent the wife out, what ever...
The game doesn’t f***ing work on XBOX 360, what ever...
Now the XBOX just sits there, what ever.

An Australian Poem, not by Dumbo.
You are an idiot
You are a *****
You **** me to tears
So I'm going to the Pub

Originally posted by TheBokke@Aug 11 2006, 02:03 AM
You boys are really going to love your tournament in NZ with all the TRF guys but a couple of things you guys that have not played human players before are going to find it a bit tough as it will be end to end stuff and no let up as when you are palying one tiny mistake and its a try!!!! Don`t try and rush up use the drift defence without commitiong to to many tackles as you will get trashed. Don`t try and always force the tackle as you will be chocking on the other players exhausts fumes as you see him running in under the posts.

Hundreds of tricks in the books but i am sure you know them all. If GG is good and he says he plays multi-player all the time my money is on him unless some of you play multi-player against good players alot.

So my word of advice before the Tournament find other human players that are good sharpish or u will be eating humble pie at the end and your name will be shamed by the other guys in this Forum!!!!

Bring on EA Rugby 2007 online only then will there be a TRF Champ once and for all.............. we can only dream :D

Over and out B)
Haha....lol.....all these people giving me the favourite tag.....ok ok I will wear it if nobody else wants it.

Well I just finished last night my second training session with my mate...trying to get him ready to a level where I can play him and have some quality competition....but he sucked quite badly. He got beaten by Ireland by a good 70 points and it happened twice! How the hell do you lose against the computer when you are the AB's!!!!!

Anyway things are looking good this weekend as I have to stay over my ex's houise to look after the kids....so I will be able to play with my trainer...who will kick my ass as always.

My main objective will be trying to stop him....latley I have been having bad focus and missing a lot of tackles. He always seems to find space somehow????

Haha....Bokke.....why didn't you play with S.A?????? Habana and Paulse and very good and Montgomery is a fine kicker.

Just prefered the pace and power of the All Blacks. they also break tackles really well in the game, just like real life :lol:

Still a Bok fan for life when the real game is played no matter how they do!!!!! :)

England is also very good in that game. So I gave him the choice to choose his team first and due to him picking England I had to counter it with the All Blacks.

If someone choose All Blacks in that game I would have choosen OZ, this all based on the games strengths and weaknesses oviously :D

I would have gone with the boks, but put Monty on flyhalf to counter Wilco, and put Paulse on fullback for extra pace.

Latest posts