• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Biggar born in the wrong country." says Johnson

I definitely don't think Biggar has blown his chances. He had his big break through season and it's been harder for him since then. That's the way it usually seems to go - Defences figure the new players out after some time to look at them then it is up to the player to adapt his game. He seems to be doing this at the moment and I think that a bit of time flying under the radar and putting in consistently good performances (as he is doing this season) will stand him in really good stead.

Not sure about Johnson. Really enjoyed him as welsh skills coach back in 2005 but I don't rate him as a head coach. Which country does he think biggar should have been born in??

Biggar, born in the wrong place?

Yes. He´d be first choice and getting plenty of game time for Italy and Scotland. South Africa could use him but thats about it. Wales did give him chances and he was a flop. Other players have had such chances and rarely gotten back. He is Wales´s verion of Danny Cipriani or Stephen Donald. Wilkinson and Flood are much better. Geraghty, Myler and Lamb are ahead of him too. The All Blacks have a big list of better options too. Argentina couldn´t find a place for him neither could Australia or Ireland. Biggar is an ok player. Preistland, Hook, Jones and Toovey are all better.

A quality player, worthy or regular test time?

No. See the videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biggar, born in the wrong place?

Yes. He´d be first choice and getting plenty of game time for Italy and Scotland. South Africa could use him but thats about it. Wales did give him chances and he was a flop. Other players have had such chances and rarely gotten back. He is Wales´s verion of Danny Cipriani or Stephen Donald.

Actual World Cup Winner Stephen Donald.

I always wondered what he said to Owens after that - was he trying to let him take it again or something?

Actual World Cup Winner Stephen Donald.
Is he any relation of Actual World Cup Winner Iain Balshaw? :p

I always wondered what he said to Owens after that - was he trying to let him take it again or something?

Is he any relation of Actual World Cup Winner Iain Balshaw? :p

Third cousins, natch. Along with Wikus van Heerden.

Isn't Biggar still in his early 20's?

So he was introduced to the international arena to early, can't blame him in my books, unless it was down to his attitude of course.

If he were to drive a golf cart around the M25 would his status be revered?

Isn't Biggar still in his early 20's?

So he was introduced to the international arena to early, can't blame him in my books, unless it was down to his attitude of course.

If he were to drive a golf cart around the M25 would his status be revered?

His attitude is his biggest problem. After every decent game he would go on about how he deserves his chance. I don't think anybody has written him off yet, but he simply isn't at international level yet.

His attitude is his biggest problem. After every decent game he would go on about how he deserves his chance. I don't think anybody has written him off yet, but he simply isn't at international level yet.

that's true I'm afraid, you hit the nail on the head, good post

nobody likes people who talk the talk but don't live up to it, that's why I think people like to jump on his back when he plays poorly

had a poor game today, right after I stuck up for him ;)

that's true I'm afraid, you hit the nail on the head, good post

nobody likes people who talk the talk but don't live up to it, that's why I think people like to jump on his back when he plays poorly

had a poor game today, right after I stuck up for him ;)

That's Tom James' problem as well. He is a good wing, perhaps missing a few skills but plays very well for Cardiff and could play well for Wales. His biggest problem is he whinges whenever he isn't selected.

I agree with the above right honourable gentleman....gentleman.....poster

Biggar can do one. He puts the *** in attitude problem.

Good post, sums up my feelings about him.

Latest posts