• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bledisloe One 2020

Absolutely, jordie has next level high ball abilities, that's always been the case, and now he doesn't make stupid decisions all the time. Maybe that is enough to be the first pick 14. Even if that were true, I still think he deserves a chance at 15.

Savea is the best in the world at ruck time when he's at seven: getting turnovers, generally being a nuisance which slows down the oppositions ball, and often makes some outlandishly good ruck clearances when players have flipped all over at odd angles Or are contesting the ball and no one can get rid of them. There might be casual fans that get Overly excited over his running, but proper rugby fans get Much more excited about him at seven, when he's not running. The guy doesn't even run much when he's at seven. it's only casual fans that can't see that he's the, or close to the, best Seven in world at Ruck time. So yes cane and savea are very different types of players, and they're both great, but your pigeonholing of savea is way off the mark.

Savea is ok in that area he has made some great turnovers in test rugby I wont deny that, he and Cane are both great. But its a stretch to say hes the best, the stats don't back that up. Infact adjust for time on the park Cane was actually the #1 openside for turnovers in SRA this year followed by Hunt and then Boshier while Savea was one of the lowest in that area. While Cane is involved in significantly more tackles and is less likely to give away a penalty. Very good yes but numbers suggest hes neither best in the world or as good as Cane is in that area.

Savea is ok in that area he has made some great turnovers in test rugby I wont deny that, he and Cane are both great. But its a stretch to say hes the best, the stats don't back that up. Infact adjust for time on the park Cane was actually the #1 openside for turnovers in SRA this year followed by Hunt and then Boshier while Savea was one of the lowest in that area. While Cane is involved in significantly more tackles and is less likely to give away a penalty. Very good yes but numbers suggest hes neither best in the world or as good as Cane is in that area.
That argument is way below you, savea played at 8. I don't think you watched the all blacks in 2018 then? Or super rugby in 2019 or 2018 or 2017?

You Kiwi fans are spoiled because you win everything...all the time. Let's Go Wallabies! :p

Awesome try by the Wallabies! All Blacks lead 13-8.

For being a 17 point underdog the Aussies are hanging tough, so far.

All tied up at 13-13. This is a great match!

Last edited:
Wallabies lead 16-13. C'mon Aussies, you can do it!

I'm not a big fan of draws (Wallabies should have tried a drop kick in extra time), but that was still a great game. I'm glad I got to witness it. Good night all. :)

Last edited:
Aussies were robbed. How ANY REF misses that in at the side 7m from the line is beyond me. With all the calls, with idiot Ioane, we look exactly like we did at the WC. We played our best rugby after 80mins.

It was crap conditions, but Australia looked better, and I said to people in person that Dave Rennie is one hell of a coach, and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us and took the Bledisloe Cup off us.

I think the Savea, Cane, and Read combo was awesome for us at the World Cup, it's when they tried to put Scott Barrett in there that beat us. I would say Savea, Cane, and Sotutu. If you cannot get Jordie in the lineup at his position, don't put him in on the wing, Mo'unga is a good kicker, so... Caleb Clarke and his link-up play with Ioane in midfield was massive for the Blues, when he come on he was unplayable. Aaron Smith as always, hands in the air, not hands on the ball...

But yeah... I'd like to blame the conditions on why the All Blacks looked the same as the World Cup, we will see. Mo'unga needs to go forward like he does with the Crusaders and have the same confidence in his back line.

mounga was indecisive.
Ioane i hope has learnt a lesson and will take a lot more care in future when touching down. cost us the game. other than that fkUp he was busy and contributed positively, moreso than goodhue.
ALB for goodhue. ALB shouldve never been dropped.
jordie doesn't belong on the wing
frizell was anonymous.
Sotutu Cane and Ardie should start next
how come we havent learnt to have a drop kick contingent?

Aus were awesome and intelligent. they were really unlucky to draw this. they had ABs on the ropes for the enitre last quarter. they just couldnt finish off.
Aus had a lot of islanders, awesome.
Rennie outsmarted Foster. Foster needs to start coming up with his new ideas instead of rehashing an obsolete dual play maker plan that was shown up at the wc. playing players out of position is dumb.

if i were razor i would stick around. he could be getting the call earlier than NZRFU thought

Daugunu manhandled the All Blacks for most of the game. Ardie Savea ran at him 3 times in the last 20 minutes and could barely make him move.

Aussies were robbed. How ANY REF misses that in at the side 7m from the line is beyond me. With all the calls, with idiot Ioane, we look exactly like we did at the WC. We played our best rugby after 80mins.
Are you referring to vaai or McKenzie? McKenzie was marginal I thought, wanted to have a closer look at the vaai one because that seemed in from the side.

mounga was indecisive.
Ioane i hope has learnt a lesson and will take a lot more care in future when touching down. cost us the game. other than that fkUp he was busy and contributed positively, moreso than goodhue.
ALB for goodhue. ALB shouldve never been dropped.
jordie doesn't belong on the wing
frizell was anonymous.
Sotutu Cane and Ardie should start next
how come we havent learnt to have a drop kick contingent?

Aus were awesome and intelligent. they were really unlucky to draw this. they had ABs on the ropes for the enitre last quarter. they just couldnt finish off.
Aus had a lot of islanders, awesome.
Rennie outsmarted Foster. Foster needs to start coming up with his new ideas instead of rehashing an obsolete dual play maker plan that was shown up at the wc. playing players out of position is dumb.

if i were razor i would stick around. he could be getting the call earlier than NZRFU thought
I don't think Goodhue gets dropped in all of this, I don't believe his position is up for grabs at all. The only way I think he ever gets dropped is a position change from Jordie Barrett, and that's a few seasons in the making, if it happens at all. I don't think ALB is better than either of the two who started. This hinges all on Mo'unga, he feeds them the ball, but this is why you give him the keys until the next World Cup, he is our best 10, and it's just not close after this season.

Bridge had a hard time today, but he's our best Winger when it comes to defense. I'd say he's as much a lock at his position as anyone in the back line.

Latest posts