• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blues Toulouse McAlister?

M

mimic

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/1065841

If the reports are true, who will be #12 for the All Blacks after the RWC?
With Mauger and Tuitupou also leaving, thats pretty much our premier #12's all leaving.
Although they'll be back, there will be a couple of years where we'll be searching for new talent.

Who do you see rising to the #12 jersey?

Stephen Brett? Isaia Toeava?

Rua Tipoki has been a solid #12, but at international level?

Ma'a Nonu, well, he's Ma'a Nonu.

Anyone who suggests Tasesa Lavea will have a group of gangsters sent to their house for a drive-by.

Or will we see Carter shifted back to #12 and Evans move into the #10 jersey?

Discuss.

Didn't a French newspaper report this 6 months ago? Remember replying in the topic about it... knowing TVNZ and their ineptness it wouldn't surprise me if they were half a year behind the story.

He won't go now that Mauger and Sam are gone, from memory I remember either him or a repersentive saying that he would only go overseas if he wasn't an AB regular... now that he has the No 12 Jersey locked up at least from 2008 onwards he will stay.

(Although he should be at 12 this year - Mauger still hasn't improved from his slide at the end of last year, and after the strong form the Carter/McAlister combo against the French and his impressive form before the injury how he won't start at 12 is beyond me)

yeah i heard this on the news last night, but havnt seen anything else about it.

Yer, but even if he does stay, who will slot into the #12 if he's injured? Hopefully not Leon MacDonald. I will cry.

McAlister really needs to fix his tackling technique.

Carter to 12, Evans to 10... Evans should be on the bench, can cover 10 and 15, possibly 12 and 13 if need be probably.

If this were somehow true, i'd like to see an Ice and Conrad combo tried, it might be kak but i'd give it a crack.
And that's an awful thread name, mimic

ma'a wud be 2nd 5 obviously.. or toeava? didn't they say they saw him as a 12 or 13?

awesome thread name mate! ma's shld stay away from the black jersey until his tackling improves. luke can cover 10 12 and 13 so he shld just stay put!conrad can play 13 with iceman on the bench

I'd McCallister was on the verge of singing with Edinburgh and that talk were 'on going'. Apparantly he was interested in a move to Edinburgh because he's half Scottish.

This story has been doing the rounds for the past 6 months. It is not true. Trust me.

McAlister is on the verge of re-signing with the NZRFU that will keep him in NZ until 2010.

If this were somehow true, i'd like to see an Ice and Conrad combo tried, it might be kak but i'd give it a crack.
And that's an awful thread name, mimic
[/b]

I thought it was a good thread name.. Blues 'to lose' McAlister lolz..

Yeh, but even if McAlister does stay, his face seems to get injured a lot.. Who will be his cover if he gets injured?

They could move Toeava to #12, and put Conrad Smith or Mils at #13.

Toeava should be comfortable at #12, as he played there for either the U19 or U21 RWC.. Although I can't remember which one, or if he played in both.. I just remember he didn't go to one tournament but I can't remember which one. I know he went to the 7's.. But I'm not sure which NZ team he didn't represent

With Mauger leaving, this would be a good time to see young Tim Bateman more often. If he continues on his good form, he would be the ideal choice to partner Toeava in the midfield.

With Mauger leaving, this would be a good time to see young Tim Bateman more often. If he continues on his good form, he would be the ideal choice to partner Toeava in the midfield.
[/b]

Except for the fact that Stephen Brett is the most likely replacement next season for Aaron Mauger not Bateman. Bateman may get a look at centre but I doubt it considering the play of Laulala this season. All Bateman has ever done is one pretty good game this season.

Bernie has been linked with Toulouse because Michalak is leaving.
[/b]

Still can't get over the fact that out of all the NH talent that a Super 14 club could have chosen...they had to chose the rugby equivelent of Shaggy out of Scooby Doo!!!!!

<Random New Zealand under 12> RAWR!
<Michalak> ZOINKS! *knocks on*

Or Not. This has been rumour first appeared 6 weeks ago. Not a peep about Sale since. No Noises from Sale/McAlister or the NZRFU, probably just some needle dick journalist finally heard the whispers a month after everybody else and thinks it's an inside scoop.

The Fact he say's he's the Blues No 10 preety much shows how much he knows about the matter.

Latest posts