• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bonus Ball Scheme

G

getofmeland

I need to know if this is going to be worthwhile doing or not, so I need a list of names of those interested.

£1 per week, and the money is split 50/50 between the site costs and whoever gets the winning number. I need to know if there are 49 people up for doing this. If there aren't, then its a non starter, so I need to know how many are interested.

Payment can either be done by recurring payment through paypal, or it can be done by standing order.

Anyone interested, send me a pm and we'll take it from there. Whoever gets in first can pick their own numbers if they want, the others will just be allocated at random.

This would be a great way to pay for the hosting and maintainance of the site. It would be done on the UK Lotto Bonus Ball from every Saturday's Draw.

I am going to open this to anyone who is a member of the board and the forum wins and you also have the chance of winning.

Well any amount of time we could do it for 6 months or a year... the possibilities are endless...

The thing is we are seriously struggling to keep this place running, me and Dan are always dipping into our pockets each month to keep it running. Any amount of help would be greatful, otherwise it could well mean that we have to shut the place down.

What will a 2.50 donation (AUS$6.12 i think) do for the forum? Will it do anything?

It wouldn't even pay for the hosting and as we get bigger the hosting gets bigger..

Thats how much we need to be getting a month to pay for the hosting.

So if we were able to run the bonus ball thing for a couple of months we would be able to pay for the hosting and you would also have a chance of winning some money as well...

Thats why I feel the bonus ball idea is a better option...

I'll transfer 10 pounds to PayPal and donate. I love TRF. Can't let it disappear. You'll have to wait about 10 days though...the bloody thing takes me 8-10 days to transfer money from my account to PayPal account. Bah.

Well we could run it with less, with rollover if no one has the winning number, which would mean the kitty would grow for you guys...

Well then scrap the idea of giving me giving the donation....I'm in for the thingy your talking about. Just explain it to me (I am Australian...give me a chance) and tell me when you would like me to pay and by what method and it'll be sweet.

Well I will let you know how well it goes down, I think the minimum number we can run it with is 30 people...

I will buy one, Dan will buy one, if you have one then thats 27 needed... which should be easy if we can get most of the staff involved, and some of the regulars as well...

We can also change the period and the costs if needed.

Ok top stuff! I'm in!!!! Keep me posted with any developments :) cya l8a..im off for the night (gotta get to the barbers early in the morning tomorrow and try and beat all the old fellas...they start arriving at 7.30 in the morning...half an hour before opening time...ill beat em tomorrow though lol)

If you don't like this idea then please do comment I am willing to listen to suggestions.

I'm willing to go in on this, but only if the staff and regulars are in on it too.
I mean. It would be £24 for the 6 months. And there's every chance you could win some back.
I'd be up for it.

I like the idea, and I'd go for it too - although to be honest I'd rather just stick in a lump sum to pay for a set number of weeks, but obviously I'd want to be sure that it would keep running for the number of weeks which I paid for...

How would you allocate numbers? And are there any legal issues as technically you'd be running a lottery which I know is subject to some pretty stringent laws. I know it would only be on a very small scale, but even primary schools these days have to get licenses for this kind of thing (gotta love beaurocracy...)

I am looking into the legalities of this... however it should be ok as it is for a social club.

yeah i could be interested, if i dint have to pay every week, can we sort it out to pay someone a month or something? and i am sure by the time it starts up ill have enough to do it, and my money thing sorted.