Booze Thread

Lourens

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Blue Bulls

Alpha Bro, Guinness is a luxury in South Africa and it comes in a can........I like to open the can, take a double shot of tequila, shoot half the draft, take another double shot of tequila, finish the draft....then take another draft and chill.....

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Alpha Bro, Guinness is a luxury in South Africa and it comes in a can........I like to open the can, take a double shot of tequila, shoot half the draft, take another double shot of tequila, finish the draft....then take another draft and chill.....
I'm simultaneously terrified and in awe of you... Never find me.

ragerancher

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

So for us west country supporters, top ciders?

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Frosty jacks

OhhEnnEmm

Academy Player
Reaction score
Not a fan of any of the IPA's I've tried to date, Brewdog being the worst IMO. However, the first drink I ever touched was a bottle of 90% ABV Absinthe o_O so what do I know? Hahaaa

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

So lads, with Guinness season's death imminent, what's the ****** move?

The_Blindside

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Got some Hoegaarden wheat beer as it was on offer. Nice alternative to German wheat beer. Found it very refreshing.

The_Blindside

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Recommend this beer from Aldi, only £1.25 for a bottle of 500ml, but good stuff.

The_Blindside

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Non alcoholic beers. Nice alternative to have especially if you’re the designated driver.:(. There’s only so much coke I can drink.
Tried Big Drop pale ale and can highly recommend it. Very drinkable for a low alcoholic beer of 0.5%.

Steer clear of Franziskaner alkofrei weissbier though. That was awful. Tasted like what smelly socks would taste of if they made a drink out of it. Not that I drink many drinks made out of smelly socks or know what it tastes like.:rolleyes:. but truly awful beverage. Got a good head out of it but just had to pour more than half of it away as I could not finish it. Good job only paid £1.25 for the bottle. But yeah never again.

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Non alcoholic beers. Nice alternative to have especially if you’re the designated driver.:(. There’s only so much coke I can drink.
Tried Big Drop pale ale and can highly recommend it. Very drinkable for a low alcoholic beer of 0.5%.

Steer clear of Franziskaner alkofrei weissbier though. That was awful. Tasted like what smelly socks would taste of if they made a drink out of it. Not that I drink many drinks made out of smelly socks or know what it tastes like.:rolleyes:. but truly awful beverage. Got a good head out of it but just had to pour more than half of it away as I could not finish it. Good job only paid £1.25 for the bottle. But yeah never again.
I've never had a nice one, the "premium" brand stuff is too sweet imo.

Anyone into rum? Looking for a bottle of diplomatico reserva but hard to find.

The_Blindside

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

I've never had a nice one, the "premium" brand stuff is too sweet imo.
Yeah, I have only recently tried non-alcoholic or low alcoholic beers. Try the pale ales, which are more hoppy and less sweet if you're trying lagers.

RugbyUSA

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

United States

The_Blindside

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Thornbridge Jaipur IPA. Got a few last week before the shelves were stripped of the beers.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Had to buy brand name vodka today, like I'm the queen of ******* sheba