• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Booze Thread

If you want to get focked quickly, drop a shot of vodka in a draught.

The good 'ole beer bomb.

You have no idea.

"I knows I'm not the best looking guy here, but I licks like lassie"

Mad Goose Pale Ale from Purity Brewery Warwickshire. Nice grapefruit aftertaste and easy to drink.

Truman's Swift Golden ale. Try if you're ever in the East end of London.

Youngs Autumn Gold. Not bad for a free pint. If you have a Youngs pub near you, visit their website to print off a voucher as it's their 185th birthday and they're giving away a free pint.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen bier. Highly recommend if you like Wheat Beer.

Last edited:
Been on holiday in Suffolk and drinking lots of Adnams ales which have been really nice.

Also brought some Adnams single malt to take home with me from a Adnams shop, looking forward to another bottle of English single malt.

Yep got to try Adnams ale.

Just had a pint of Moonless Dark IPA - a fruity, with chocolatey overtones. Nice pint.

Pure Ubu Amber ale from Purity Warwickshire Brewery and Ghost Ship pale ale from Adnams.

Mujati reviewing his Secret Santa present

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to think I'm making TRF proud by chasing Toulouse's cheapest vodka with supermarket brand diet cola these days because I'm certainly not making myself proud!

Getting back to Guinness over Christmas was glorious though!

IBeen watching his stuff from the beginning the last month or so, his production is amazing now.

Got it nailed to a T.

Oh the days of Strongbow, White Lightning and Carling simpler times with not as much worries those where the days.

I'd like to think I'm making TRF proud by chasing Toulouse's cheapest vodka with supermarket brand diet cola these days because I'm certainly not making myself proud!

Getting back to Guinness over Christmas was glorious though!

I'm proud of you. You're representing the non continentals brilliantly sir.

Although Red Bull ---> Coke (but I'm a classy lad)

Have you met lord Toby of Flood yet?

Last edited:
IBeen watching his stuff from the beginning the last month or so, his production is amazing now.

Got it nailed to a T.

Oh the days of Strongbow, White Lightning and Carling simpler times with not as much worries those where the days.

I'm proud of you. You're representing the non continentals brilliantly sir.

Although Red Bull ---> Coke (but I'm a classy lad)

Have you met lord Toby of Flood yet?

Red bull tends to make me feel like I'm about to explode!

Not yet, haven't seen any players in Toulouse, met the entire Leinster team, most importantly Isa, and a former favourite of mine Dimitri Yachvili in Montpellier though! If I see him I'll give him a kiss on the pec of your choice from you though!

I remember trying Frosty Jack at Uni, didn't mind it first time surprisingly. The single most vile drink I've ever had was Sainbury's basics cider, the stuff is literally undrinkable as far as I'm concerned. We bought it just to see how low low could be.

On the other end of the spectrum, I highly recommend any ciders by Henry Westons, priced similarly to other ciders but good quality. The Vintage and Stowford press are very good, medium sweet is nice although I haven't been able to find that in the shops any more.

Anyone else have mulled cider instead of wine for Christmas.

So much nicer IMO.

Alpha left pec please. Also you have to stroke his ears for good luck.

Some friends of mine made cider a few years ago in whiskey barrels. It would have been fine if the barrels had been cleaned out properly but they hadn't and it was horrible. You could sort of drink it if it was your 3rd or 4th pint but not really. It worked well enough as a very strong, weird tasting mulled cider, or wider as it was known.

I was in Hardanger in Norway recently and they make lots of cider there. It tends to be a bit sweet and fizzy but isn't bad at all. Norway also has lots of local Julale or Christmas Ale there as well as loads of IPA and lager. I found I was paying about £12 a pint on average so they tended to be quite strong. Strange laws in Norway regarding drinking. Apparently in pubs you can't show signs of being drunk (at all) or they stop serving you and even kick you out.

Some friends of mine made cider a few years ago in whiskey barrels. It would have been fine if the barrels had been cleaned out properly but they hadn't and it was horrible. You could sort of drink it if it was your 3rd or 4th pint but not really. It worked well enough as a very strong, weird tasting mulled cider, or wider as it was known.

I was in Hardanger in Norway recently and they make lots of cider there. It tends to be a bit sweet and fizzy but isn't bad at all. Norway also has lots of local Julale or Christmas Ale there as well as loads of IPA and lager. I found I was paying about £12 a pint on average so they tended to be quite strong. Strange laws in Norway regarding drinking. Apparently in pubs you can't show signs of being drunk (at all) or they stop serving you and even kick you out.

Technically, that should be the case in the UK but how many pubs/bars flout the law and continue to serve people who are way past ****faced and get away with it?

Last edited:
Mujati's reviews are quite decent. He probably ain't cicerone certified (or that kind of stuff) but he clearly knows his stuff.

Latest posts